How do you calculate dodge/parry/defrating on warriors?

How to you calculate the exact dodge/parry rating or defrating to know how much avoidance it gives in %? And how do you calculate how much it will give with diminishing returns with current dodge/parry/etc?
    (Avatar was too big, sorry!)

Re: How do you calculate dodge/parry/defrating on warriors?

google... why do the math when you can look it up and find people who did it for you. when you get into somthing as complicated as what your talking about it can be more of a pain to do it yourself then it would to find a site that lists it all out for you lol. but im just lazy

RatingBuster.

Hmm I just want to know the formula, like 30 rating = 0.06% or something like that. And how does that 0.06% is after applying diminishing returns.

And I've heard that ratingbuster does not report correctly the % since a few patches ago.

try this, maybe you find it useful

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...mpedShear.html

To answer to your post :
    - 45.25 dodge rating = 1% dodge BEFORE DRs
    - 45.25 parry rating = 1% parry BEFORE DRs
    - 16.39 block rating = 1% block BEFORE DRs
    - 1 defense (no defense rating) = 1% miss, parry, block and dodge. BEFORE DRs

To calculate your DRs, http://www.wowwiki.com/Dodge works fine if you follow it carefully (tested it on druid, dk, paladin, with at least 2 different sets of gear each).

Also, two useful infos :
    - Character sheet : your character sheet already accounts for DRs when you look at (as an example) 20% dodge, 17% parry, 13% block.
    - Character sheet 2 : when you mouseover your dodge/parry/block (and miss on defense) chances ("A xxx dodge rating increases your chances of dodging by yy %"), DRs are not accounted for.

And finally, following tankspot's advice about gearing as a paladin/warrior (D = dodge rating / P = parry rating / Df = Defense)
    - D:P ration as close as possible
    - Df+P in the 1.2 to 1.6 zone

NB : talking about parry, dodge and defense RATINGS : 5% talents, base agility (ie except the 22 on your pants, and the 200 or so from raid buffs), base dodge chance, as well as procs and all musn't be accounted for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tente
    Not updated for 3.2. 3.2 made dodge and parry give the same amount of % but still affected by the diminishing returns, which is sooner for parry and later % for dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard
    To answer to your post :
    - 45.25 dodge rating = 1% dodge BEFORE DRs
    - 45.25 parry rating = 1% parry BEFORE DRs
    - 16.39 block rating = 1% block BEFORE DRs
    - 1 defense (no defense rating) = 1% miss, parry, block and dodge. BEFORE DRs

To calculate your DRs, http://www.wowwiki.com/Dodge works fine if you follow it carefully (tested it on druid, dk, paladin, with at least 2 different sets of gear each).

Also, two useful infos :
    - Character sheet : your character sheet already accounts for DRs when you look at (as an example) 20% dodge, 17% parry, 13% block.
    - Character sheet 2 : when you mouseover your dodge/parry/block (and miss on defense) chances ("A xxx dodge rating increases your chances of dodging by yy %"), DRs are not accounted for.

And finally, following tankspot's advice about gearing as a paladin/warrior (D = dodge rating / P = parry rating / Df = Defense)
    - D:P ration as close as possible
    - Df+P in the 1.2 to 1.6 zone

NB : talking about parry, dodge and defense RATINGS : 5% talents, base agility (ie except the 22 on your pants, and the 200 or so from raid buffs), base dodge chance, as well as procs and all musn't be accounted for.
    This is what I wanted to know. Thank you.

You're welcome. Thought I'd blow up my head "figuring it out" alone (well, picking the bits from various sources to make it a whole), would be wasted not to share
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between over here and over there

Block doesn't suffer from diminishing returns