Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Onyxia and ToC Loot, Blue posts, Comic

Quote Originally Posted by WormieSux
    <removed>
    Yeah,,, lets stop that line of thought right now before this gets out of hand shall we?
    It's not like you got proof... Just more hearsay.

/sheep

@ T2 gear, will it be a set also? would be luvely for my pally :P Bettest set ever

and lol @ comic Gnomish cyborgs ><

Quote Originally Posted by Prinsesa
    No, it's not a copy-paste of every romance in every media, because his portrayal of Lilah is completely out of character. It's completely unfathomable why the woman would stay with such an immature, unambitious, unsympathetic and selfish human being. Somehow everything ends up being Lilah's fault.
    Internet is serious buisness. So are comics. Am I rite ?

So, I'm sure you're offended by the fact that Ethan got killed randomly in like 10 different panels, because "it is not like in real life !!!§!!!111one!"?

I can imagine your face turning blue with anger and hatred the first time you watched Warner Bros cartoons; "WHAT THE FUCK WHO CREATED THIS SHIT THAT BUNNY SHOULDA DIE LONG AGO".

And this sheer lack of believable characterization extends to practically everyone else. Why is Christian considered the "bad guy" for someone who donates an entire hospital wing? That's not asshattery, that's philanthropy. What did Tob ever do to earn Ethan's derision besides playing Counterstrike a lot? How the hell is that different from the large amounts of WoW?
    No one but Ethan (for jealousy) and you (for retardness) said Christian was the bad guy. The story's more subtil than that. And for Tob, few lines in the comic support your idea that Ethan's hate for him is a bit strong. Tho, I you were a bit more gifted in the brain area, you would understand people just hate listening to Tob not because he likes X, but because he likes it too much that he's not able to bring it every two words in a conversation.

Even if we divorce ourselves from the actual plot, the plot itself is moving at a snail's pace. Ethan's brother Rory* is coming to the wedding. The new robot** is plotting to kill the humans. Their "fake" wedding is coming up. Ethan is trying to manage his gaming store by himself. None of these plots are being resolved. In over 3 months of comics, the story has barely moved a week.
    Where is the line in your imaginary Comic Rules Guide claiming a comic should be:

- evolving at real life speed
    - fast paced ?

I also wonder if in that Guide, that specific rule applies to FREE comics.

Stepping away from the plot some more, how about the art? If Tim isn't using a background lifted from Google Image Search plus a gaussian blur, he's drawing couches three times too big, windows with both blinds AND curtains and shadows with no explainable light source, and all of them lacking the basic concept of perspectives and vanishing points, giving the impression that the comic is taking place is some MC Escher-esque house.

The drawings of the characters themselves? The mouths aren't centered (and never change), their head size changes randomly from panel to panel, their eyebrows have been glued to their foreheads and somehow the women have bigger crotch-bulges than the men.
    I can give you that. Actually, I'm not sure I agree, because I simply don't care about the art. It's shitty, yes. So I guess that when you went to Paris to see the Joconde, you claimed out loud "WOW THAT IS SUCH A LOOSY STORY GAIS" ? Oh, right. You didn't. Because art is about art, and comics are about telling a story/jokes. Not about having nice drawings.

The way I can so easily destroy every point you came with leads me to think you have something against the author that you won't express. Maybe he ninja'd you, left you IG, disapointed you for something else. And you're probably right to have feeling toward that. But this is hypocrite to project that on his work. Grow up and you'll realise someone can be a total douche and still do a decent/good job, even making you laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ezay
    The story's more subtil than that.
    Okay, you I actually hate. :'(

I also wonder if in that Guide, that specific rule applies to FREE comics.
    Just because it is free doesn't mean it is immune to criticism.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Funny thing is theres actualy less text in all these replys than the avrage CaD comic. Most people don't dislike him because of some silly 4chan thing noone cares about but because the way he handles any critasism, which is normaly somthing like "Do you know who I AM!!1". Also still that Odd question hanging over him. Lets call it the MJ debate.

Quote Originally Posted by ryyu
    theres actualy less text in all these replys than the avrage CaD comic
    "Brevity is the soul of wit" - Shakespeare.

What you quoted there is one of many flaws that CAD has. Overexplaining the joke and why it is funny is not good writing. It is just making a mess with a pen and treating your audience as a bunch of retards that can't even understand jokes, so you have to explain them step by step why it is funny. A dictionary has loads of text in it too, but somehow it is not seen as a comedy book.

teh gladiators i found to be unfunny
    Dark legacy i think is hilarious the writer really has a good sense of how to tell a joke
    ive never seen this CAD before the 3 panel strip posted here and TBH its a great little sum up of the current climate on wow forums and sums up the mood of the time period whilst being funny and to go into a huge long wall of text explanation on why teh writer of it sucks is just a bit pointless lets stick to discussing the 1 comic we have here and not go into the back story on who wrote it and what else he has written
    also tim buckley you say? as in the musician from the 60's who died and had a son called jeff buckley who also became a musician and died or is this guy just happen to have same name?

Deleted

So now they are even changing PvE encounters, because they are unable to balance PvP? i loled

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtail
    also tim buckley you say? as in the musician from the 60's who died and had a son called jeff buckley who also became a musician and died or is this guy just happen to have same name?
    Yes, CAD is authored by Tim Buckley the 60s musician who is dead.

HAHA
    Resists on a revamped ony loot look awesome ;D

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Yeah,,, lets stop that line of thought right now before this gets out of hand shall we?
    It's not like you got proof... Just more hearsay.

/sheep
    The proof is available on the web. I'd post the picture but I have a feeling thats bad. You can find it with some simple googling.

So yeah, he's a creepy Pedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    Just because it is free doesn't mean it is immune to criticism.
    Will I explain to you that there are different kind of criticism ? You seem to be willing to appear clever, quoting and all. Aren't you able by yourself to understand that you can't really criticise for being too slow something you don't pay ?

Are you that kind of people that will ask your neighbour to help you doing some task and then shouting at them how slow they are ? It seems you are, if you really think you can blame a comic that is free from any form of payment of even inscription, for being slow.

I couldn't find any of the new BS or LW patterns that drop on the Trial of Crusader bosses on the current loot list. If you want an update I received http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47624 last night from faction champions on 25 man.

Edit: Terrible sentence structure.

This update makes no sense.

Who really cares about getting loot off a level 60 encounter? Blizzard has become the epitome of laziness in video game design. I guess when you set the positive standard, you get to set the negative stereotype too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rietz
    This update makes no sense.
    None of the new Blacksmithing or Leatherworking patterns are on the current loot list. One dropped last night and thought it might be helpful to the moderators if they were looking to update their loot list. Think a little bit.

Will I explain to you that there are different kind of criticism ? You seem to be willing to appear clever, quoting and all. Aren't you able by yourself to understand that you can't really criticise for being too slow something you don't pay ?

Are you that kind of people that will ask your neighbour to help you doing some task and then shouting at them how slow they are ? It seems you are, if you really think you can blame a comic that is free from any form of payment of even inscription, for being slow.
    Quote where I blamed the comic in being slow on updates.