The PvP Sigil of champions: Virulence Vs Awareness

I recently spent all my hard earned pennies on the Sigil of Virulence, the passive +200 str seemingly much the win for pve, it procs almost always on the first rotation and is still on when the boss started chewing floor. Between the Sigil, Fallen Crusader and DMC:Greatness attack power is pretty great and I was happy with buying it. In saying that I PvE as unholy 3/13/55, Obli spam.

What I found though, according to my recount is that when I PvP, back in 0/17/54 Sstriking, my Scourge strike has dropped from first place damaging ability to something like 3rd or 4th, seemingly all cause I swapped Awareness for Virulence.

Whats the general opinion of very high Scourge Stirkes with burst on demand against a passive +200str bonus? I tried both last night and while Virulence was fun, nothing beats 6.5k Scourge strikes on some hapless fooh.

Anyone else thinking of down grading back to Awareness or am I just going mad?

Re: The PvP Sigil of champions: Virulence Vs Awareness

As far as I'm aware, testing on EJ has shown that virulence is little more than a side-grade for just about every DK spec. The one spec that would probably benefit the most from it, blood, can't even activate it =/