Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Flask of the North

Quote Originally Posted by Zeid
    The purpose of Flask of the north is only to balance things out with other professions , it's not a super buff , it's just like the others :

If you take enchanting , you enchant your own rings with +40 AP each , so 40 x 2 = 80 AP ( Exactly like flask of the north ) and almost same amount of SP from rings and flask

Same goes for JC , they stack up 3 gems that they do and get about + 48 str or something ( Same as Flask again )

Same goes for LW too I guess , they enchant their own gear with superior enchants such as bracers and get almost the same amount of bonus as we do

Blacksmith = Extra socket to also even things out and you will get almost the same bonus

They did this to balance things out for all the non-gathering professions imo , but the good thing about Flask of the north is that the same one can give you the SP or the AP so if you have a hybrid , you don't really need to make another one like JC would do on their own gems or enchanters on their rings

And FYI , that's why they won't give us mana regen or more Stam on the flask , to make it similar to enchanting or something imo
    From a PvE perspective Alchemy is still underpowered; the trinket gets replaced fast.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted

I like the flask, nearly 100% uptime for me while questing or 5manning.
    Really good way to get the proffesion bonus without using a flask for this.

The only thing I don't like about the flask of the north is that the tanks are being left out. It is more of a DPS flask than anything... There is no stamina on it, mp5 is nothing to cry about if you're a healer since you benefit from sp. But as a tank, 40 str is not very beneficial. Notice that I said it's not very beneficial, but you still get a very small threat boost, and a very small amount of extra block value (paladins/warriors/druids) or a very small amount of parry rating (DK). In case some of are unsure of that druid "block value" buff, this is what I was referring to: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=62600
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    The only thing I don't like about the flask of the north is that the tanks are being left out. It is more of a DPS flask than anything... There is no stamina on it, mp5 is nothing to cry about if you're a healer since you benefit from sp. But as a tank, 40 str is not very beneficial. Notice that I said it's not very beneficial, but you still get a very small threat boost, and a very small amount of extra block value (paladins/warriors/druids) or a very small amount of parry rating (DK). In case some of are unsure of that druid "block value" buff, this is what I was referring to: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=62600
    In a raid you should use a proper flask anyway, in 5 man content I don't see how a stam flask would be any more useful than a North flash. It's pointless since you shouldn't be needing any flasks for a 5 man heroic, FotN is fine as it is and I'm happy they added it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feinel
    In a raid you should use a proper flask anyway, in 5 man content I don't see how a stam flask would be any more useful than a North flash. It's pointless since you shouldn't be needing any flasks for a 5 man heroic, FotN is fine as it is and I'm happy they added it.
    And you're saying you need a flask for soloing/questing? You 2-3 shot mob anyways, so the dps boost is negligable. And as far as needing the stam part goes... We all know that a tank doesn't need 30k+ health to do a heroic, you only need about 25-26k unbuffed. But, that isn't the case these days because tanks with less than 30k HP unbuffed usually end up getting kicked (from heroic groups) without anyone saying a single word.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    The only thing I don't like about the flask of the north is that the tanks are being left out. It is more of a DPS flask than anything...
    it's because the flask is meant for arena.

Deleted

I agree its a pointless thing but it won't change so.

Its very near pointless IMO sure its great if your just runnin your heroic daily or other daily quests but yea im with the poster i'd like to see a bigger benefit from it.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

It's meant more for PvP arena, so alchemists have some kind of stat buff like other professions do.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scilla&n=Wenger

Quote Originally Posted by Snes
    From a PvE perspective Alchemy is still underpowered; the trinket gets replaced fast.
    How? You get +47 SP on your flasks. BS gives you 2 extra slots that you can put in +23 epic gems. That is 46 SP. Enchanting rings gives you +23 SP per ring. That is +46. JC is 3 +39 SP gems (16 over epic) so that is +48 SP.

Alch bonus is right in line or better than most. Now add the 2 hr flasks and the transmute epic gems, and I will gladly pass on the +1 SP that JC gives me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpttrips
    Its very near pointless IMO sure its great if your just runnin your heroic daily or other daily quests but yea im with the poster i'd like to see a bigger benefit from it.
    It is the same benefit as every other profession when you aren't using a flask.
    "Peace is a lie"

Its a never ending Flask. It is good to pop for things you would NEVER pop a flask for, like Dailys, 5 man Heroics, and lesser Raids your guild is overgeared for (like Naxx). I personally love it. It probably saved me a large amount of gold too at this point.