3/13/55 v 13/58 trinkets and hit rating

Hello all

hoping someone will have done some number crunching along these lines and can point me in the right direction...

Which is better.....

3/13/55 spec, using 2 dps trinkets with Glyph of LT

or

13/58 spec, using 1 dps trinket + 1 hit trinket.

The trinkets of course have a bearing

dps trinket - embrace of the spider
    dps trinket - eye of the broodmother
    Hit trinket - dying curse

Armoury link if needed http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...k&n=Beelzeebub

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Re: 3/13/55 v 13/58 trinkets and hit rating

As a quick reply (not fully checking the numbers here, but you know), since hit is the most valuable stat point-for-point on gear, and talent points aren't quite comparable (given you get 1% crit per point or 1% hit per point as an example, which are actually similar DPS boosts, wheras you need 23 Hit compared to 38 Crit rating or whatever the numbers are - i'm at work an can't check), I'd go with putting the hit on the gear and avoiding hit in the talent tree.

As for whether that's the best choice given your particular gear, I don't know - run some numbers assuming 1% hit ~= 1% crit ~= 1% haste, and 1 hit rating ~= 1 SP (note the use of ratings and %s there) - that'll give you a general guide!

Jeb

I really don't think it matters. If you need the hit you need it, whatever spec you are. If you don't use a hit trinket. I am 13/58 and therefore use a hit trinket. I'm currently using the hit/haste trinket from Ulduar (elemental focus stone). And Abyssal Rune. Not greatest trinkets ever but got a nice balance of haste and sp procs and am hit capped. So good for me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelz
    Hello all

hoping someone will have done some number crunching along these lines and can point me in the right direction...

Which is better.....

3/13/55 spec, using 2 dps trinkets with Glyph of LT

or

13/58 spec, using 1 dps trinket + 1 hit trinket.

The trinkets of course have a bearing

dps trinket - embrace of the spider
    dps trinket - eye of the broodmother
    Hit trinket - dying curse

Armoury link if needed http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...k&n=Beelzeebub

Thanks in advance for any feedback
    Being hit capped via gear is always better than being hit capped via talents.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie
    Being hit capped via gear is always better than being hit capped via talents.
    This. Here's the logic:

1 Hit Rating on gear costs the exact same as 1 Haste Rating and 1 Crit Rating. IE: If Blizzard made armor with 70 crit and decided to change it to hit, it would continue to have 70 hit. They are equal in value on armor.

However, 1% Hit Rating costs 26.23 Rating, while Haste is around 33 and Crit is around 45.

Thus 1 point in Suppression is worth 26 item points. 1 point in Backlash is worth 45 item points.

R.I.P. YARG

How about taking Suppression and losing out on Soul Leech/ISL?

I find that Life Tapping every 40 seconds to maintain the glyph buff, combined with Replenishment, is usually enough to maintain mana for most fights.

The build I have right now is 3/14/54. I have both Dying Curse + Elemental Focus Stone in my bags, as I'm not sure if I should go for the 0/3/58 or my current spec.

15+ Year Old Account

Count the number of people providing replenishment in your raid. If its 4 or more, including yourself, you can drop Soul Leech. If it's less, your healers will start to have mana problems on hard mode (or just difficult) boss fights.

R.I.P. YARG