Fire mage cooldowns?

From blue post:

" When I say we want Fire to be about cooldowns, I meant that lining up your spells at the right time is the hallmark of a great Fire mage. I know a lot of players will say either LOL mages just spam one button, or else LOL mage dps is entirely RNG. I don’t believe either to be true, and the evidence supporting this conclusion is that there are mages who can do much higher damage than other mages, consistently and with similar gear. This suggests there is a much higher skill component to mage dps than even some mages want to acknowledge. A lot of that skill component for Fire / Frostfire comes in doing things at the right time (which we hope to contrast with Arcane and ultimately Frost). "

I don't really understand what this is talking about. Is he talking about making sure Living Bomb and your scorch buff are up before fireballing, or...?
    Nothing.

Re: Fire mage cooldowns?

He was referring to things such as Power Infusion, Heroism, and Flame Caps. Although they are all cooldowns, they are often (minus Flame Caps which are hard to find) not under our control. So although he does have an argument, it isn't all that strong.

Yeah the main thing he meant with cooldowns is making sure we time our stuff right during Molten Fury, which, does not always include Heroism. The math has been done and it does not matter when you pop Heroism, whether it is when the boss is at 100% or at 18%. The only thing that does matter is whether there is a burn phase, or if you just want to pop it when you have the most people alive.

Deleted

We have the best Cooldown ever... Combustion... it's imba...

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler
    We have the best Cooldown ever... Combustion... it's imba...
    He knows Combustion sucks. He said that. If you read the quote on the front page, you would know that. We shouldn't discuss this as a "they need to fix it and don't realize those morons" because they do know it sucks. And they do know they need to fix it. GC said 3.3 possibly, lets hope and until then not be angry since at least for once they are trying to fix it.