Thread: H TOC BlkKnt!

H TOC BlkKnt!

Okay I'm having an issue with 2nd phase of Black Knight, because aoe has to start so fast there seems to be no way I can keep agro on zombies. I spam swipe, when they start to break off I let out my roar and get them all back but right as soon as the duration is over off they go on their merry way. There is not enough time to tab around for extra agro from mauls/mangles/lacerates....

I'm lost as too what more I can do. Is there any other way/trick to tanking this fight?, Lathio on Khazgoroth if you want to see my gear/spec (in cat gear atm) but I don't think I'm undergeared.

Frustrated Bear.....

Re: H TOC BlkKnt!

Tell your group to wait 5-10 sec before they start to aoe.

I've done it a few times with bear tanks and with bears we usually have a caster(mage preferably) tank the adds while the tank kites the black knight away from them. This helps with the corpse explosion aoe. The one that worked best was with two mages, although it can be done with any caster aoe. Mage pulled with Blizzard, druid tank taunted BK off of Mage, other mage/caster aoes the mob to them, and the two casters just pulled back and forth using aoe damage, while the tank and third dps burned down BK. Just make sure the healer is on their toes. I've done this several times on reg and once on heroic, no wipes.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Alternately, if your group has good gear, you can simply ignore the zombies. Tank pulls boss away from Desecration, zombies will mostly scatter and randomly hit group members but they won't do too much damage. Your group can then focus on the boss and kill him as fast as possible.

Once he is dead, everyone should run away from nearby ghouls obviously as they self-destruct.

I don't think zombies have aggro tables, they just attack random stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebraz
    I don't think zombies have aggro tables, they just attack random stuff.
    for the most part, correct.

they are tauntable, and they seem to stay on you for a while after taunting. but don't expect them to stick around for very long.

When i tank on my warrior I wait for them all to spawn and do http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=1161 which gives me first aggro then they fan out after a couple of seconds and i just train him around the room staying in range of the healer, everyone totally ignoring the adds.

Deleted

They reset agro every now and then and attack random I beliveave

Get you a good healer and forget the adds are even there...... WINNER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Selverein
    Alternately, if your group has good gear, you can simply ignore the zombies. Tank pulls boss away from Desecration, zombies will mostly scatter and randomly hit group members but they won't do too much damage. Your group can then focus on the boss and kill him as fast as possible.

Once he is dead, everyone should run away from nearby ghouls obviously as they self-destruct.
    This is what we've always done. The ghouls don't hit for crap anyways. As Ret I just stay on the BK and my DS, Holy Shock, and Consecrate take care of ghouls.

Yea, they reset aggro. With good dps you can just burn the BK and ignore the adds and run away when they explode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    The interwebz, protecting enraged nerds from ass-woopin they would get irl since almost 40 years.

10+ Year Old Account

you can taunt them, and attempt to tank them.. but you will only hold onto them for a short period of time.. they seem to randomly pick someone to go after, or they reset their aggro / are aggro immune, but not taunt immune.

I normally just ignore them.. drop a Holy Wrath, they all come to me for 5-10 seconds.. by that time the boss is dead or almost dead and they dont matter anymore.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

lol?

we usually stack furst, all close together, then freeze em, or anything similar, and run out

tank stays in there though :x then aoe

dno, never wiped on that lol :|
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

You Can't completely ignore the adds because they will interrupt your healer. As a prot warrior, i use challenging shout, and then kite the mob around the room alternating between Thunderclap, and Shockwave when they are not on cooldown and spam cleave whenever possible in between. works every time. Always respect the healer and pull adds off of him/her.

Rexis - Khaz Modan
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

I just run around and swipe spam, it holds them plenty while aoe kills it off. My swipes usually crit for about 1k though.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

i swipe and wait a few seconds for them all to spawn then pop challenging roar. DPS stacks where i am and usually they're dead within seconds.

its really easy