How to level a Paladin - question from a reroller...

Hi there.

I have decided to reroll a paladin.
    The reason is that paladins have the opportunity to fulfill all roles in WoW.
    My question is; What is the easiest way to level a paladin, here I am thinking of which spec to chose and race to chose and areas to level in?

Regards
    Gordanius

15+ Year Old Account

Re: How to level a Paladin - question from a reroller...

Wait for 4.0 so you can be a Tauren, only because they are HUGE. I'm an alliance and a lore geek, but I would totally dig I giant plate wearing holy bull animal.

That said, retribution used to be the way to level, but apparently ret pallies at low level gear is terrible. As prot you can AoE tons of mobs, and once you get BoSanc you virtually never run out of mana.

Edited for me being a retard.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Wait for 3.2.2 so you can be a Tauren.
    I thought that was rumored for 4.0, not 3.2.2?

If you have the ability to get the BoA items, you will save yourself a ton of time and you'll definitely want to level as ret. If you can keep your pally geared well, no spec is faster than ret. The BoA items are absolutely amazing for this and they all have perfect stats for ret paladins.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot
    I thought that was rumored for 4.0, not 3.2.2?
    oops, my bad. gettin ahead of myself. reading too many patch notes and threads about too many different things. You are correct. Thats the expac.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I think prot is faster than ret until you can get DS, or at least CS... Prot makes plaguelands soooo easy and pretty fun too. Go to one of the fields around the cauldrons and round up as many as you can, use ret aura, holy shield, consecrate, holy wrath, etc etc you'll have 15-20 dead mobs in less than a minute
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Book
    So can a druid
    Actually druids fulfill 1 more role as they have a ranged dmg spec as well.

sum droods iz bears

Derailed the Cereal Thread

If u got the BoA items, u can pick either spec, ret kills single mobs faster, prot kills many mobs faster. If u just have a lil gold cushion to start leveling with, go ret until around 30-40. Respec and grab up holy shield, BoSanc, and some other pimp ass prot talents. (imp HoJ is awesome for leveling, so is reckoning, imp RF). Put on Seal of wisdom, ret aura, imp RF, BoSanc, and judge light. Kill tons of mobs. Tank instances when u need to do them. Solo 3-5 man grp quests. Be awesome, be prot.
    Can't spell protection spec without pro.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by biffdabulge
    If u got the BoA items, u can pick either spec, ret kills single mobs faster, prot kills many mobs faster. If u just have a lil gold cushion to start leveling with, go ret until around 30-40. Respec and grab up holy shield, BoSanc, and some other pimp ass prot talents. (imp HoJ is awesome for leveling, so is reckoning, imp RF). Put on Seal of wisdom, ret aura, imp RF, BoSanc, and judge light. Kill tons of mobs. Tank instances when u need to do them. Solo 3-5 man grp quests. Be awesome, be prot.
    You can solo 3-5 mans as Ret as well :P

Basically though this ^, Ret from 1-40 for Unlimited mana with damage (SoC glyph), 40-60 as Prot (HS to BoSanc = Mass damage with unlimited mana) and either Prot from 60-80, or Ret from 60-80, as both can drop large groups of targets quickly.

15+ Year Old Account

Man, I want a Cow Paladin bad now.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    Worgen Warlock ftw.

+1

Draenei ?! :P
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian
    squid != cow

at least that's what my biology teacher says...
    This space is available for rent!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian
    Space Goats are not Cows!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gordanius
    Hi there.

I have decided to reroll a paladin.
    The reason is that paladins have the opportunity to fulfill all roles in WoW.
    My question is; What is the easiest way to level a paladin, here I am thinking of which spec to chose and race to chose and areas to level in?

Regards
    Gordanius
    Got a belf and a squid pally, levelled the belf as ret, was fairly ok from 50+.
    My squid pally, I levelled together with another one from my guild, me a ret, he as prot.
    Dude, go prot until CS, (buy some BoA stuff, specially the two hander for badges)I found my self killing one /two mobs mob fast, while my friend aoe farmed tons and tons of mobs facerolling.
    If its called Tourist season, why can't I shoot at them?

I think Ret is best to level, once you get jugdement of the wise you really really really never run out of mana again. Also it should rock with BoA. Soloing elites depends on type of the elite but this is probably easier as prot.
    I guess it depends on your playstyle. Single pull (ret) or multi pull (prot). You won't notice a big difference in speed.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?