Arena as Retrubution

I recently stepped into the arena as retrubution paladin. Going fairly well, I havent played longer than to 1k ratnig yet but with ease. I play with another retribution paladin btw. Before you start flaming this I want you to know that I am aware that it's a really crappy setup. With that said, I'm moving on to my point. >

What setups are preffered as retribution for 2v2 and 3v3 atm? I played with a retradin (2v2) in TBC on my warrior and we got to about 1800 rating. I don't think this will work as well now. :P

Could really use some help :

Re: Arena as Retrubution

If you are doing it for fun, then it does not matter as long as you enjoy it..

But if you are wanting gear, you will have to make a 3v3 team as the 2v2 rating will not allow you all the great gear..

Quote Originally Posted by hammybiter
    If you are doing it for fun
    Is there any other reason to play? -.-

Anyway, I'm just asking cus I want to reach 1.8k rating again but this time on my paladin. I'll be doing 3v3 when next season starts, hence my question... What setups are preffered with retribution paladin in 2v2 and 3v3. I probably will keep playing retri retri or retri enh shaman in 2v2, but for 3v3 I'm thinking me, restodruid/dpriest and enh sham.

For me, winning is fun.

Generally better to pick healers for 2s.

2v2 - Healers: Disc priest/Resto Druid > Resto Shaman
    DPS: Ehn, rogue, Hunter, DK, mage

3v3 - try to get a non pally healer and a DPS to make up for your lack of offensive utilities. Such as MS, interrupts, Silence, Snare. Alternatively, even though a warlock don't really have much of a interrupt/snare(If Affli) as compared to other melee (Although sometimes Felpup CS works really well) Ret/Destro lock/Healer is very viable if you know how to work around your weakness of no MS (which is to swap targets effectively)

10+ Year Old Account

If your just in it for the fun any combo is alright if played well, however if your in it to win for 2v2 your can partner with a rogue, mage or disc priest or resto druid.
    If you really want to win in 3v3 you will need a healer for that a disc priest or resto druid works well, for the other person a rogue works well because they have burst and ms abilities so does an arms warrior, you could also pair with a mage if you want more cc (warlocks also work to some extent).
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

RPP - rogue, paladin, priest
    DPP - DK, paladin, priest
    HPP - hunter, paladin, priest
    WPD - warrior, paladin, druid
    DPD - DK, paladin, druid