Frost DW Hit Cap?

Hey guys what is the Hit cap for Frost DW is it 8% or higher i read on Skeleton Jack that it was 23.6% for white damage?
    im not sure

ty for help

Crew

Re: Frost DW Hit Cap?

Yellow hitcap is 5% for DW with the talent Nerves of Cold Steel. The 23.6% or whatever is the white hitcap, don't even bother with that. Just make sure you reach 17% spell hit fully raid buffed so you never miss stuff like Icy Touch, Mind Freeze and Howling Blast.

arr kk cheers for that

White dmg is a large part of of every DW build for any class. Rogues, shaman and now DW DK's. The more you hit the better your dmg my DW set has about 470 hit on it, but i have not had the opportunity to put together a decent set of hit gear that isn't gimped in other area's. I found blood still out performed DW frost with a gearscore of 4200. That said i have seen people with GS of 4500 smash face with DW. i think its a very gear dependant build

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith
    White dmg is a large part of of every DW build for any class. Rogues, shaman and now DW DK's. The more you hit the better your dmg my DW set has about 470 hit on it, but i have not had the opportunity to put together a decent set of hit gear that isn't gimped in other area's. I found blood still out performed DW frost with a gearscore of 4200. That said i have seen people with GS of 4500 smash face with DW. i think its a very gear dependant build
    White damage isn't really a large part of your DPS no matter what DW build you play with. We're talking about only 17%-20% of your total damage here as white dmg. Getting 11% spellhit via gear is the absolute maximum I would recommend to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith
    Auto-attack dmg is an important part of DW Frost's dps, but it's not the most important. If you're doing your rotations right, your dmg distribution should be something like like this: Obliterate ~30%, auto-attack ~25%, Frost Strike ~19%, HB ~17%. So all abilities do ~75% of your dmg, meaning that 1% more hit after spell hit cap increases your overall dps by ~0.25%. This is a bad trade-off concidering that 1% physical hit = 32.79 hit rating.

So instead of going for DW hit cap (787 rating with DW talent), you'll get more dps out with just going for spell hit cap (17% - Virulence (3%) - Moonkin/SP in raid (3%) = 11% or 289 rating) and expertise soft cap (26 - 5 from talent = 21 or ~172). After these your stat prio is Str > ArP> Crit > Haste.
    The reason why you wan't spell hit cap instead of just special hit cap lies within HB: you use this ability only when you have both KM and Rime up, so you don't want RNG to screw you on a missed HB. Expertise soft cap is due to rotation, even tho you have enough GCDs to perfom your rotation, it's very tight when you add extra GCDs from KMRime; HB without FF is BAD!

Edit: Noxia beat me to it
    "Sharing is caring".. But I don't care!