Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Vezax Hardmode == Faceroll?

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    They fail because they are not prepared, because they are casual, and, most of them, because they are not skilled.

Plus, it's obviously that 10men Ulduar is almost hard as 25men, BUT tuned for 200/219/FEW 226 items.
    It is pretty clear, as I said, that in 226/232/239ilvl gear is completely facerollable, allowing people to do and then go around saying "lol zomfg ulduar 10 is ezlolol"
    If you people actually know ANYTHING about these hard modes, or have done both sets of hard modes and succeeded, you would know just how stupid that statement is.

If you can't understand how much easier 10 man is compared to 25, I really have nothing more to say to you. It has nothing to do with item levels (ok fine, it might make things slightly easier if you're decked out in 25 gear). Just look at the concept of these fights.

Steelbreaker - The DPS requirement on 10 man per person is considerably lower than it is on 25, just simply because you get that extra 25-30 seconds per tank on meltdown.

Hodir - Again, DPS requirement on 10 man person is considerably lower than it is on 25.

Thorim - I just lol at how much easier 10 man is compared to 25, not because there's actually any difference between the fights, but just because of how many more people are put in the small confined space. In 10 man, you can stand whereever the fuck you want so long as you're not chaining the lightnings to melee or the tank. In 25 man, if you don't stick strictly to where you're supposed to stand, and where you're supposed to move when lightning charge is about to hit your side, you will take out half the raid with a single chain lightning, something that will NEVER happen on 10 man regardless of how stupid you might be.

Freya - Same concept as Thorim. The difficulty from 10 - 25 is simply the extra 15 people. If you're collapsed on the tank during Det lashers and an Unstable Energy hits you in 10 man, nothing dramatic happens assuming you're correctly spread out. Take the same situation and put 25 people in the same amount of collapsed space and THREE Unstable Energy hits, your entire raid dies instantly. Same goes for Conservator. If a Nature's Fury hits one person on 10 man, nothing dramatic happens. Nature's fury hits someone on 25 and all of a sudden an entire mushroom worth of people starts dropping like flies. Not to mention the reduced number of safe spots to move on 25 given that you have to stay in range of a healer while not killing the rest of your raid.

Firefighter - For those of you who actually have done this on 25, you know exactly what happens when you add 15 people to that confined room Mimiron calls a house. You have less room to spread out for fire, you have more chances of people being stupid and kiting the fire in where they're not wanted, you have doubled the chance of multiple Napalm Shells. The most dangerous part about those extra 15 people is probably Phase 2. If your DPS cannot kill VX-001 fast enough, eventually all 25 people will be cornered into one small section of the room that is fire-free, and the next set of Hand Pulses will kill your entire raid.

1 Light - Tripling the number of people taking portals means tripling the chances somebody fucks up. 1 light in the darkness is all about portal people NOT fucking up. The rest is just a regular day at the coffee house.

Algalon - roflz. Do I even need to explain how adding 15 people to the list of Cosmic Smash casualties might be a problem?

So for those of you who actually believes 10 man is easier than 25 simply because 25 man guilds can run 10 mans in 226+ gear, then you're just fucking retarded. The difficulty revolves around the number of people involved, not the numbers listed at the bottom of your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hips
    I'm not trying to brag, I'm just pointing out that the 10 mans are in fact, extremely easy. They were designed with the casual player in mind, even the hardmodes. They expected the hardcore players to tackle the 25 man Hardmodes and get satiated through that.
    You're an idiot. The only thing that makes 25 harder than 10 is finding 25 competent players that will actually show up and not ninja-afk when things require thought and attention. In that regard, yes 10 is easier than 25 due to the stupidity of most humans that play the game.

Oh, that, and the fact it is so ridiculously easy to overgear 10m runs especially now with toc gear fest.

They aren't easy because I can do them. They are easy because they are easy. And go ask a guild that's downed Yogg +0 and none of them will say it's easy. Ask them same guilds though if they ever had any trouble with Vezax 10 man Hard Mode and I can guarantee you they'll say it was easy. Because it is easy. It was never hard to begin with. Pre-nerf he took maybe 2-4 shots. Now he's easily one shotable.

The 10 mans are just so incredibly easy because they are scaled differently than the 25's. There's so much more that's caculated and taken into effect when Blizzard designs a 25 man fight compared to a 10 man, and that's why it's easier, because bosses have 1/5th of the health they have on 25 man. That means you could take a 25 man group, take 10 players in the 25 man group, and they could do 1/5th of their normal DPS and still get the same fight down on 10 man, because it's designed to be easier.

And of those guilds they all were in 25man gear before Ulduar was released, did a few weeks in Uld25, and then went back and learned the hard modes via 10man. Technically if you had ANY 25man gear when you did Uld10(hardmode or otherwise) you out geared the place, having out geared the place made it easy.

Your opinion that 10man hard modes are easy seems a bit biased honestly.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

They aren't easy because I can do them. They are easy because they are easy. And go ask a guild that's downed Yogg +0 and none of them will say it's easy. Ask them same guilds though if they ever had any trouble with Vezax 10 man Hard Mode and I can guarantee you they'll say it was easy. Because it is easy. It was never hard to begin with. Pre-nerf he took maybe 2-4 shots. Now he's easily one shotable.

The 10 mans are just so incredibly easy because they are scaled differently than the 25's. There's so much more that's caculated and taken into effect when Blizzard designs a 25 man fight compared to a 10 man, and that's why it's easier, because bosses have 1/5th of the health they have on 25 man. That means you could take a 25 man group, take 10 players in the 25 man group, and they could do 1/5th of their normal DPS and still get the same fight down on 10 man, because it's designed to be easier.
    You're thoughts on scaling are grossly skewed. Think for a moment.

How many tanks do most fights require (10 or 25)? Answer: 2 for both
    How many healers do most guilds run (10 or 25)? Answer: 2-3(10), 4-5(25)

OK, so in 10m worst case is we have 50% of the raid as DPS (~5 players). Now, in 25 worst case is we have 72% of the raid as DPS (~18 players). So, yeah. Little different than what you're selling.'

You also have to consider that 25m DPS are likely getting more buffs and should be in higher ilvl gear resulting in more DPS per head. This would account for the 1/5th HP scaling of bosses in 10 vs 25.

If you couldn't down him prenerf you honestly have a group of retards for a guild and should reconsider how you play your toon.
    I love how this guy thinks that the only group that could possibly be worse than him is a group of retards.

Public Service Notice For WoW Jocks: when you say that everyone below you is a retard, you are calling yourself a borderline retard.

As for Ulduar hard modes, most of them are extremely easy now after 3.2. I am personally disappointed especially by the Freya nerfs, the fight was much more interesting before. Vezax is barely different from normal mode anymore.