Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: raid bosses in arena matches

Quote Originally Posted by Greid
    the average arena player is probably also an average raider or even a great raider. Yes, most people would be a little overwhelmed with being dropped into firefighter or YS1 or even heartbreaker and orbituary, but in 2 tries they would understand the fight and work around it until it was perfect. Drop an inexperienced player, no matter what they do in the arena with a good RMP team or even an exceptional Mage-Rogue team and if they aren't capable of adapting faster, it doesnt matter how many times they play them, they will lose.
    And there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Greid
    ...Sorry, but this is my absolute favorite topic to rant about. I dont mean to flame or judge, i just feel that i have a decent perspective on this game after playing both pve and pvp extensively and want to share with others
    You are one of the few.

I like to think of myself as an objective viewer on the topic of PvP vs PvE. The vitriol of PvE players, in my observations, seems to come from the fact that more often than not class changes are tempered with PvP balance in mind.

In essence, the concerns of PvP minded players always feel as if they are addressed more often, and more quickly than PvE concerns. And on top of that, whenever a PvP concern is addressed, there seems to be little thought as to whether or not this will cripple a class in PvE. Conversely, whenever a PvE concern is finally addressed, valid solutions may be discarded or altered to accommodate "PvP balance". This can be quite rustrating to the PvE minded player.

Add to that the fact that debate swirling around which portion of the game is "best", usually consists of both sides accusing the other of some unforgivable atrocity. "PvE players are less skilled/ don't have to react", "PvP players are ex-CS twitch reactors", "PvE players can't hack arena cause they don't have mods telling them when an ability is incoming", "PvP players roll FotM so they don't have to work for their wins" blah blah blah, so on and so forth.

Honestly I can see where each side is coming from. I play a druid. I've been incensed with a large number of changes to Resto that are directly caused by PvP concerns. And having healed arena's I understand that it can, at times, be extremely difficult. However, what both sides fail to realize is that the party to blame is Blizzard.

Now hear me out. I love Blizzard as a company. Every individual that I've had to deal with, from customer support and billing, to GM's have been extremely helpful. And their art/dev team are constantly coming up with things that make me excited to keep playing. But I honestly don't know why they don't buckle to pressure already and make ALL spells and abilities operate differently in PvE and PvP.

They once said remaking Azeroth would be a massive undertaking. Well, seeing as they feel that an expansion would be a perfect time to do so, let's take the opportunity to lock a team of devs in a room until the ex-pack hits and force them to redesign abilities for PvE/PvP. Some already do, either being unusable, or having DR's and reduced effect.

IMO, problem solved. Lots of work now to reduce the amount of work to be done later.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinglamia
    Also another reason being a female is awesome. No epeens Ah not to be controlled by my own genitalia! :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    This is a good point... do you have e-bajango or e-boobie competitions in the same way?

I like that word... e-bajango

- thread seems to be trolling, even if it was not intended
    - mages are fine
    - fun encounters in fun instances are fine
    - coliseum difficulty (normal modes for now) is a joke
    - hi!

OP is retarded.

First of all, he is mistaking "random" for "Player-level-AI". I have done both 10 and 25 versions of the Faction Champions, as well as participated in high-end Arena.

Magister's Terrace was closer to "player-level-AI" than TC10/25. It's a complete joke.

1. Try taunting a player in Arena. Idiot.
    2. LoS in TC10/25? No, I didn't think so.
    3. All 7-8 DPSers focus on your healers? No, I didn't think so.
    4. You start the fight not knowing the classes you're up against, just thrown in there? No, I didn't think so.
    5. You can hotrez/self-rez/soulstone in arena? Oh wait, you can't.

The Faction Champions can't even be compared to Arena. Just because Blizzard took a scripted event and made it a little more random does NOT make it comparable to a high-level arena match.

And seriously, why all the hate for Arena? Even if they were even comparable, what in the hell does this have to do with Mages being nerfed over PvP?

If Arena took no skill at all, that would have no bearing on Mages getting nerfed because of an imbalance between PvE and PvP. Freaking non sequitur idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by coldethyl
    perhaps blizzard can randomly drop scaled down versions of raid bosses into arena matches.sometimes its a normal match but one out of 5 times just as the doors open you get mini onyxia or little illidan to play with before you can reach the other team.Its only fair since they are mucking up my pve with this pvp triviality that you pvp purists get to actually see how this game is supposed to be played.
    How about Fuck you and you play the game the way it's supposed to be played both aspects of it before you say stupid shit like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakybastard
    Nonetheless, raid bosses in arena.... we're talking about DKS, amirite?
    prot/holy imo

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    note: wow is the MOST watched esport
    you've clearly never heard of starcraft or counter-strike...

no one, i repeat no one, watches arena streams that doesn't play wow themselves. (its pretty obvious why, OH DAMN NUMBERS EVERYWHERE AND THEYRE DOING THINGS)

Quote Originally Posted by patrin
    you've clearly never heard of starcraft or counter-strike...

no one, i repeat no one, watches arena streams that doesn't play wow themselves. (its pretty obvious why, OH DAMN NUMBERS EVERYWHERE AND THEYRE DOING THINGS)

Check the esl and MLG numbers. WoW gets more viewers than any other game
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Deleted

Nerf ret! Oh wait...thats a different topic.

"Okay they have a priest and a lock, you sap the priest kay?"
    "kk"
    *Match starts*
    Illidan Stormrage yells: You are not prepared!
    "WTF!"
    "Oh god why"
    *Illidan Stormrage wins. +11 Rating*

Epic wall of text

So the message I got from the OP is- I am bad a pvp because I suck at life. My way of playing this game is obviously right. So when you force your way on me in the form of the easiest most joke of a raid boss ever. I deserve to throw mine at you even though arena matches don't have tanks and a scaled down illidan will rape everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.