Poll: Do you think having Hunter's resource changed to focus will be a better resource than mana?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Focus for Hunters Poll

your all worrying too much. blizz is changing haste to make mana/rage/focus/energy regen faster, so at 0 haste we get focus back at 6 a sec. but with 400 haste ( thats how much i have ish) it would be alot more. this is gonna be sweet for pvp now we can just dps without worrying about mana. but pvp is boned cuz were not like rogues who can stun lock, we cant do 3 moves stun u for 6sec while out energy fills and keep dpsing, we cant burn anymore. its 2 shots ur OOF, but blizz has alot of mana regen skills in our trees. so id bet they will alter them all to accomidtae focus and make it easier to regen
    Worgen Druids
    Now we Have Shapeshift in our Shapeshift, so we can Shapeshift while we Shapeshift.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaladan
    your all worrying too much. blizz is changing haste to make mana/rage/focus/energy regen faster, so at 0 haste we get focus back at 6 a sec. but with 400 haste ( thats how much i have ish) it would be alot more. this is gonna be sweet for pvp now we can just dps without worrying about mana. but pvp is boned cuz were not like rogues who can stun lock, we cant do 3 moves stun u for 6sec while out energy fills and keep dpsing, we cant burn anymore. its 2 shots ur OOF, but blizz has alot of mana regen skills in our trees. so id bet they will alter them all to accomidtae focus and make it easier to regen
    nice necropost

Anyway to contribute to the discussion, not to mention that steady shot will have no cost and will be spammed to increase focus regeneration from 6 to 12. Therefore your rotation will consist of:

BAM high damage shot> BAM high damage shot> BAM high damage shot> steady shot to refill focus> steady shot to refill focus> BAM high damage shot> BAM well.... nm you get the point.

In other words our rotation will not be all that terribly different from how it currently is (assuming they don't make other major changes, which they will of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Bazul
    so as far as it looks like each shot we lose 30/60 focus and gain 6/sec global and 12/sec from steady shot so we will have a lot less shots that we can fire BUT im assuming that steady shots CD will be reduced or even removed as they said on blizzcon hunters will lose, reduce many skill cool downs so i think that steady shot will become spammeble maybe have a cd of 2seconds
    they remove mana because it doesnt work for hunters so they will not make focus a problem to.
    Wouldn't that be awesome? spammable steadyshots.

missed the poll but i think it will be nice buff for pve and a huge nerf for pvp

i.e. explosive shot o god a warrior charged me o well ill just FUCK NOT ENOUGH FOCUS O GOD *disengage* whew got a O GOD ANOTHER CHARGE must scatter SHIT WTF NOT ENOUGH FOCUS AGAIN... death

best possible way i could describe it even though its pretty fucking stupid it might end up this way

Quote Originally Posted by Gerend
    missed the poll but i think it will be nice buff for pve and a huge nerf for pvp

i.e. explosive shot o god a warrior charged me o well ill just FUCK NOT ENOUGH FOCUS O GOD *disengage* whew got a O GOD ANOTHER CHARGE must scatter SHIT WTF NOT ENOUGH FOCUS AGAIN... death

best possible way i could describe it even though its pretty fucking stupid it might end up this way
    ^
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    if they do not want do, they do not want do, please move along, the children wane.
    yeah, if they do not want do, the do not want to :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Gerend

You do know they can make it so longer cooldowns don't cost focus. I can't imagine them making defensive cooldowns like disengage a focus cost.

I’m finding it difficult to come to a conclusion about the focus change. Part of that stems from the fact I don’t quite understand the logic behind it. I know hunters have some issues, but did they warrant such a fundamental change? This is potentially the single biggest change any class has had in the history of WoW... why? and why not explain it better rather than a few bullet points, being so quiet about it is only fueling this kind of speculation...

Focus is basically a % system rather than an energy battery like mana. Whereas mana scales with gear, focus will always stay the same (excluding perhaps talents?). So for example aimed shot costs 20 focus out of 100 available, so really its 20% of your available energy. My personal inkling is that blizzard are finding it hard to balance hunters use of mana between PvE and PvP hence such a drastic change.

I have a few thoughts that make me apprehensive about focus. For one thing, will we have 100 focus? With the shot costs and regen rate they are talking about, it would almost make sense to have several hundred focus. Will there be an out of combat focus regen (since you can’t use steady shot out of combat) or is this forcing us to take a 17 second (100 focus at 6 focus/s) break between every single fight. Or will we be carrying round stacks of drinks so we can regen between fights? Because either way that doesn’t sound fun at all, minimal downtime has until now been one of the hunters main selling points as a class.

Next, since focus is essentially another name for energy (which rogues use) will we also see combo points introduced? That’s basically how it works for rogues, and it’s the only way I can imagine those shot costs working for hunters. So focus would make up only part of our resources since the use of focus opens up combo points which themselves can be spent on other abilities. E.g. each arcane shot gains 1 combo point, 3 combo points can be used to apply a serpent sting on that same target. This is such a complex idea and so different from the current hunter mechanics I don’t know if I’d really want to sit down and relearn the class on such a fundamental level. You could call it a hunter but really it would be an entirely new class.

15+ Year Old Account

we should probably wait until at least beta if not alpha leaking or hunter focus and how exactly it will effect hunters. no one knows in the end if it will give us more dps less dps easier time dpsing or what cause our aimed shot might be at 5 sec cd or have no cd but cost 60 focus and need toi get steady shots off to get focus to refire one.

Part of me likes and and can't wait to see it in action... but the other part of me is worried it won't be implemented correctly. Not to mention... I don't agree with Blizzard's "hunters had too many cooldowns to mess with" logic... that's part of the reason I liked the hunter class.

My hope is that they implement focus in a way that we can continue using similar/the same rotations we already use... just with the different resource. I don't want to see it become... use 1 focus drain, then steady shot... over and over. Or in general, have it feel like I'm playing a new class.

/shrug... those are my thoughts.

I'm curious to see if hunter focus regen will in someway be tied to BM talents that increase pet focus regen. An interesting way to bring back BM for those who want it back so they can spam more and more...and more. :P

One good thing i see from this is the removal of Int from gear so no more looking over gear and going: "Agi, yes yes...Stam, nice... Crit, haste, ArP, Atp mmm...creamy. ... and Int, kk. Not saying Int is a bad thing, but any mana issues could be resolved within several seconds of AotV w/o a heavy dps loss.

IMO, its a good thing and if it doesnt totally destroy hunters, then it should atleast make playing more interesting. Because that's what we've come to expect playing hunters.
    /trinket
    /cast Deterrence
    /cast Master's Call

Now it's a Pally Bubble...

I like the idea overall, though I am skeptical as to how it will turn out. I just hope that they stick with it and make it work. (well??) Instead of saying "zomg bad idea, back to mana for yooo!"