Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: How we can give retri pallys a interrupt.

It sux.Retris are fine without that interrupt
    You can't use this while stunned.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy
    I assume deep in the retri tree your adding the talent "Bend Over" aswell.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by dadou131988
    There are currently three things a ret paladin still needs:

1- An extra effect on CS strike
    2- An interrupt
    3- A gap closer
    Would be so fucking fun to encounter a ret with those.

Only speaking for pve..but

Pallas are already a jack-of-all-trades

Retri's dps well, heal well.. and slap a fast shield on with Divine Protection we can even hold off a wipe a few more moments

I guess Im saying...leave something for rogues to do..I dont even want an interrupt..I dont want to be able to everything

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiecutter
    Would be so fucking fun to encounter a ret with those.
    Yes, this is why only one of these 3 options should be implemented...
    Why can't I upload images for my signature

The spend-half-your-day-corpserunning kind of fun?

Op is obviously that Paladin Guy from BLizzcon

/thread
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

Rets dont need an intrupt they WANT one, they want alot of things.. not all people get what they want :
    Very bad.

reroll tauren.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

ret palas:

stun, heals, bubble, shields, HoF and interrupt, thats too many ohshit buttons available.

take shamans:

Heal, interrupt.

or druids:

Heal, stun, "HoF"

or priests:

Heal, shields, interrupt(if shadow)

The only other class that has stun, interrupt, "bubble"/"hof"(vanish, CloS), is Rogues, and they still cant heal, but has MS.

So you want paladins to be a rogue, with more dmg, plate, and healing? mkay.

Is this a stupid way of comparing classes to eachother? Yes.

Does it make kind of sense anyway? Yeh.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Quote Originally Posted by dadou131988
    3- A gap closer
    I believe in the Paladin Q & A it was stated that Judgement of Justice was intended to be our gap closer. Let me see... ah yes

Homogenization is something we fight as much as we can, which is the reason not every class has Death Grip and not every class has Charge. Judgment of Justice is intended to be the gap-closer for paladins.
    ( \_/ )
    ( >.< )
    ( /\__/\
    (>O.O<) ---- MeOW!!
    ~m__m

Quote Originally Posted by Skoro
    I believe in the Paladin Q & A it was stated that Judgement of Justice was intended to be our gap closer. Let me see... ah yes
    O wow how awesome! That gives us a 15% movement speed advantage over our opponent as opposed to 70% or more that most of the other slows give.

In other news, I love it when my judgements (of righteousness/vengeance) crit for 2k on a lock... How the hell do ret pallies kill anything with resilience?
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

First of all, i'm playing paladin.

1. I think a gap closer is not needed for us. We have increased running speed and hof as a gap closer, which works kinda(not every time sure, but ok, i can live with that).

2. yes, we are doing pretty well against non healers and bad (equipped) players. That is because of our burst. They nerfed it already and if needed they will nerf it again.

3 On the other hand, we cant get a single healer down if he knows what to do. We got burst, right, but with pvp gear working directly against that, we get worse against better geared players. Without MS or interrupt there is no chance for us, to get a healer down.
    That is no L2P issue, our class is missing something. They dont want to give out another MS effect, so it has to be an interrupt. Every other dd class has at least one of both, except us. That is simply not the right way.

And there are also other classes with much more burst and dps than rets.

This will make the retri specc more complex to play. U now have to decide if to Nuke allout with ur spells OR save exorcism untill u need to interrupt. U still have to decide between instant FoL and exorcism, maybe even more.
    Bad idea. When an interrupt is tied to damage you sort of get screwed.

Honestly I don't see the problem giving retadins an interrupt, since their burst was hit pretty damn hard.

So I am fairly new to ret, my pally is 71 atm so forgive my noobness. Does Hammer of Justice interrupt players or not? I would assume that if it stuns someone, while they are casting, it will interrupt them.

Quote Originally Posted by Indilgo
    Win, and agreed.
    haha..haha..ha..h ... o'no wait, that wasnt funny

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaz89
    ret palas:

stun, heals, bubble, shields, HoF and interrupt, thats too many ohshit buttons available.

take shamans:

Heal, interrupt.

or druids:

Heal, stun, "HoF"

or priests:

Heal, shields, interrupt(if shadow)

The only other class that has stun, interrupt, "bubble"/"hof"(vanish, CloS), is Rogues, and they still cant heal, but has MS.

So you want paladins to be a rogue, with more dmg, plate, and healing? mkay.

Is this a stupid way of comparing classes to eachother? Yes.

Does it make kind of sense anyway? Yeh.
    Shaman has slows, and shield (If you meaned that kind?), you take every little thing a paladin has, but only the biggest of other classes. Hof/JUstice is ur gap closer or ur chance to get away as holy.

You cant take something from one class and then say that other classes dont have exact same things when they have other things that dont paladins have.