My Ideas for the Horde Version of the Arthas Fight

Just sort of bored, so I decided to think about what type of fight id like to see. Its pretty long so, read if you have time and give input.

After slaying sindragosa, the champions of the horde, alongside Thrall and Saurfang (Garrosh is left to take care of matters in Orgrimmar) find themselves in a narrow mountain spire, enveloped by darkness.

You must fight your way up the mountain spire in order to reach the Frozen Throne. You are accompanied by 3 powerful named Kor'Kron elite and 5 unnamed Kor'kron elite. It is imperative that these adds stay

alive as they give very powerful buffs. The spire is 100 yards high. As you get higher in elevation, adds get a health and damage buff. As time goes on, adds spawn at a faster rate. There are 5 different types of mobs.

1 - Deathknights - These mobs look very similar to player controlled Death knights, in random warrior, pally, or dk tier 9 gear of both the Horde and Alliance, depending on their race. They have a bone armor

similar to the riders in naxx, a death grip ability which targets a random player, and a cleave that hits any players in front of them. Additionally, they will occasionally summon an army of 3-5 ghouls if not interrupted.
    2 - Ghouls - Apply a stacking % damage taken debuff. Low hp, only a threat for their debuff, must be killed before their debuff stacks to an unhealable level on the tanks.
    3 - Gargoyles - Work just like the Gargoyles in Naxx, allowing them to heal one time would delay the raid enough to cause a wipe.
    4 - Abominations - Very high single target damage. Abom tanks CAN NOT tank both aboms and ghouls at the same time.
    5 - Skeletons - Deal laughable damage, Extremely low hp. More for effect then anything.

Overall the adds have fairly low hp, but powerful abilities which must be dealt with tactfully.

You must climb the spire in 3 minutes or adds will begin to spawn instantly.
    0:00: Around 20 skeletons, and 2 Death knights accompanied by 2 ghouls.
    0:45: 30 skeletons, 3 abominations, 1 gargoyle
    01:25: Bunches of skeletons, 3 Death Knights (No ghouls before they summon them), 2 Aboms.
    2:00: Masses of skeletons, and a mini-boss, Saurfang the Younger.
    2:30: 3 Aboms, 3 Deathknights, 2 Gargoyles.
    2:45: 3 Aboms, 3 Deathknights, 2 Gargoyles.
    3:00, 3:01, 3:02 etc: 1 dk/garg/abom every second.

At 50 yards up, the timer for adds pauses. You have about 30 seconds to get situated, and then Saurfang the Younger appears, surrounded by skeletons. A cut scene happens:

Saurfang: No! This cannot be... My son... He is alive!
    Thrall: You know as well as I do, that is not your son.
    *Saurfang the Younger gasps for air*
    Saurfang the Younger - "Father, help me... I have freed myself from the grasp of the Lich King... Help me.."
    *Saurfang drops his weapon and rushes to his son's Aid*
    *You can hear Arthas' laugh*
    Thrall: No! It's a trap!
    *As Saurfang approaches his son, Saurfang the Younger's Eyes begin to glow, and he strikes his father, one shotting him*
    *Thrall roars a deafening battle cry, giving everyone the warchief's blessing, increasing damage done by 20%

Saurfang the Younger then heads directly for Thrall and a tank and spank fight begins. Thrall tanks him. It's basically a dps/heals race to kill Saurfang the Younger before Saurfang kills Thrall.

After slaying Saurfang the Younger, Thrall yells, "We must avenge our fallen comrades, not grieve for them, onwards!" which is basically your cue that the timer has started again.

At 85 yards you notice a three way intersection. Across from you, you notice alliance adventurers fighting scourge as you are.
    Varian Wrynn yells: On guard! Horde ahead wish to slay us while we are weakened by scourge, Not today!
    Thrall yells: We are here for the same reason, Varian. I don't wish to fight you, but today I am in no mood for your petty games and blind hatred, if I must kill you in order to slay the lich king, then you shall die."
    *Varian Wrynn charges thrall, followed by his honorguard of 3 elites. And his band of adventurers*
    Varian Wrynn instantly kills your 3 named Kor'kron elite.
    Thrall yells: I have strived hard to maintain peace with you, but you simply won't listen. Garrosh was right all along!
    *You and all Your allies gain super buffs, as well as Wrynn's People)
    (As waves spawn, you find that the alliance adventurers and un-named Kor'Kron elites attack them, and being super buffed from thrall and varian, dont die.)

The Varian Wrynn part of the encounter begins. The 3 named Honorguard each buff Varian Wrynn, making him restore like 10% hp/sec. In order to kill Varian Wrynn you have to kill his honorguard. These

honorguard heal, hammer of justice, and bladestorm. They follow a sequence in which they hammer of justice someone, target somebody else and begin to bladestorm them. Basically get away from the Honorguard

after they HoJ, because they are about to bladestorm. You also have to keep interrupters on all of them. Again, a dps/heals race to kill them before Varian is able to kill Thrall.

Once the Honorguard are dead, Varian quickly begins to die, when Varian Wrynn reaches 50% life the screen gets bright, and you are all pacified.

*You hear a horn blow*

Tirion Fordring Yells: "Enough! Has the cold driven you mad, brothers? With every one of our own you slay, the scourge grows!"

*As he yells this, the Kor'kron Elite and Alliance adventurers that were fighting off the waves of scourge die, and a dk rez's them as ghouls*

<Enter Tiron Fordring, surrounded by 4 Argent Defenders>

Tirion Fordring yells: Come my brothers, fight at my side, let us bring a final rest to that coward Arthas.

Any remaining waves of adds are easily one shot by Tirion glowing with light, and you reach the pinnacle, where You can see arthas sitting on his throne, watching. There is a waypoint here, so you don't have to repeat the

climb more then once. This gauntlet should be fairly easy, as its more for story telling then anything. At this point, there are still scourge continuously spawning for effect, but the 4 argent paladins are easily keeping them at bay, and you are able to rest, buff, ready check, explain the boss fight, afk bio or w/e at this location.

The boss fight begins.

Arthas yells: Tirion Fordring, how nice of you to visit. When I taunted you to come to Northrend, I never expected any of you to be foolish enough to actually do it. Perhaps you have come to enlist in my army?
    Tirion Fordring Yells: This is no tea party Arthas. We have come to deal justice to you for all of the crimes that you have committed. We wish to bring you a swift death, a much better punishment then you deserve.
    Arthas yells: Arthas is no more. I am death incarnate. I am the shadow. You think you can kill me because you have that pitiful sword? You cannot kill death itself. You are on unholy ground, mortals. Your pitiful weapons of the light do nothing here. Bow before me and maybe I shall be considerate when choosing ranks for you in the scourge.
    Tirion Fordring Yells: The power of the Ashbringer lies not within the weapon, but within the hearts of the men who believe in it!
    *Tirion Fordring rushes forward, you notice the Ashbringer has lost its glow*
    *Tirion Fordring tries to strike arthas, Arthas parries, shattering the Ashbringer*
    Arthas yells: Where is your precious light now, Paladin.
    Arthas laughs.
    *Thrall and Varian Wrynn rush forward, the fight begins*

The entire fight, adds will be spawning. The argent paladins will tank them, and kill them with consecrete. They sustain themselves pretty well, but as the fight goes on, they get overwhelmed. Throughout the fight it is important to make sure they stay alive. Every time somebody, either a friendly npc or player, they get ressurrected as scourge, becoming very powerful enemies.

Thrall, Varian, and Tirion all gain a debuff which increases the damage they take by 100%, making it imperative that tanks keep arthas from attacking them, or they will die. If Thrall, Varian, or Tirion die, they will be rez'd as undead and it is impossible to kill them. Varian does wicked melee dps, Tirion heals and has very powerful buffs, and thrall chain lightnings and chain heals whoever has aggro on Arthas.

Arthas has visible death runes on his portrait. Every time he reaches 6 death runes, he strikes the tank for a lot of damage, consuming all of the runes. This is very predictable, but unavoidable damage. You must alternate tanks with cooldowns to avoid it one shotting. He also has an anti-magic shell, which decreases healing by 100%, damage done to him by 100%, and increases his shadow damage by 100%. he MUST be moved quickly after this. It is very unpredictable, but uses one death rune, so he cannot instantly use his strike right after doing it. In addition, he occasionally casts a reflective shield on himself, reflecting all melee damage dealt as shadow damage.

Phase one lasts til about 95%, its a basic tank and spank.

Phase two begins.
    Arthas Yells: Minions, reign darkness down upon them!

This phase is an adds phase, you must tank Arthas while dealing with aerial adds. Two frostwyrms and 6 gargoyles spawn. The frost wyrms cast occasional ice blocks on anyone but the three highest in threat on arthas. They frost breath for considerable aoe damage. They cannot be melee'd. Ranged focus on frost wyrms while melee focus on gargoyles. The gargoyles must be killed one at a time, because instead of just stoneforming and healing, they stoneform and explode when they die.

When these adds are dead, dps goes back on arthas, phase 3 begins.
    Arthas Yells: Impressive, it almost took me as long to ressurect them as undead as it did for you to kill them!"
    Tirion Fordring Yells: Strike now! The time of the Argent Crusade has come!
    Arthas Yells: Really? Another inspirational shout? You bore me. I wonder how long it will take your heroes to realize you are weak and destined to die.

This phase is a burn phase. You gain a 100% increased damage buff from Tirion that lasts 45 seconds. You need to get him to phase 4 before this buff expires, or you recieve a debuff called, "Dispair" which decreases your damage by 75%.

At 25%, Phase 4 begins.
    Arthas Yells: You think you can kill me? And even better yet you think you can do it in my land?
    *Arthas strikes the ground with frostmourne, splitting the ice*
    Thrall Yells: You anger the elements, boy!

Basically, this is phase 1, but arthas has a timed aoe horrify effect, and shadow damage periodically shoots from the cracks in the ice. Additionally, Thrall has stopped healing and is now going batshit crazy on dps.

At 5% Arthas drops aggro on the tank, and deathgrips Tirion Fordring. He uses his strike on him, and one shots Tirion, healing himself to 50%.

Arthas yells: Foolish mortals, you honestly thought yourself able to conquer ME?
    *The earth begins to shake like nothing you've ever felt before, the ice begins to melt, you feel an immense wave of heat*
    *A shadow darker then even arthas envelopes you*
    Deathwing the Destroyer Yells: Arthas Menethil, the Lich King.
    Deathwing the Destroyer Yells: You have great power, the type of power I seek to command. Give it to me or I will destroy you and take it for myself.
    Varian Wrynn Yells: We cannot win this battle at this time, only a fool would press on, we must retreat.
    *Thrall moves some boulders with his power, creating a makeshift shelter and hiding place*
    Thrall says: It is not us he is after, let us hide here until he is gone
    Arthas Yells: I am not intimidated by you, dragon. Many before you have fallen.
    Neltharion Yells: Mortals who think themselves powerful always amuse me.

From where you are at you witness as Deathwing destroys Arthas. However, as arthas falls, deathwing consumes him. Deathwing spirals up into the air, roaring in agony.
    Deathwing the Destroyer Yells: YES! The power is all mine! The day of the dragon will come! Follow me, my newest dragonflight!
    *Deathwing flies off into the distance, followed by an army of frost wyrms.

Re: My Ideas for the Horde Version of the Arthas Fight

no

Quote Originally Posted by Littlenino
    no

no
    I like ponies ;D

I thought it was pretty good until the Deathwing stuff at the end, that kinda didn't make any sense

up to the point where he death strikes is yes. then no.
    If the Burning Legion is such a problem, why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    What is wrong with having a character show up again? Some people are so dumb and will hate on anything blizzard does. Seriously, if you hate it so much that you cant see straight when they show a character a 2nd time, then you should just quit. Also, never read a book. Ever. You will be mad.

15+ Year Old Account

The begin sounded decent, but the end just doesn't make sense at all.
    Deathwing isn't just gonna show up and say ''Hi, you got alot of power, give it to me!''
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Quote Originally Posted by Delever

Started out ok, but the latter part of the encounter represents a level of "crash and burn" I don't think I've ever seen before.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajjo
    I thought it was pretty good until the Deathwing stuff at the end, that kinda didn't make any sense

no

People are too fast to criticize... Its just easier than expressing an opinion. The guy has some really nice ideas ... (yes at the end it goes bad) but the beginning is pretty nice. Post that in blizz forums they can use a creative idea from time to time

the start was fun, deathwing here in IC sound as a nonsense.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.