Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Land mounts worthless?

I dont think that land mounts will be worthless , its gonna be just like in Outland and in Northrend with some differns ofc btw my land mount is my flying mount http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37012;

I'm a Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLynx
    Flyable doesn't mean assailable.

First - we don't know what Garrosh is going to do to Org to make it more defensible - but you REALLY think he's going to ignore flying guards? Really?

Third - Flyable doesn't mean "all access pass". Undercity is still underground. You'll still have to dismount to get down into it. Most likely it will be non-flyable inside. Other cities, I suspect will be no fly zones - you can zip over them, but once you get low enough, you'll get knocked off your flying mount so that the instance can take you in fairly.
    1: Garrosh is a hot-headed moron, I really don't see it past him to forget such a simple thing.

2. They're fixing Undercity, did you not see the pictures of the new Undercity? It's all above ground now, probably due to the Cataclysm ripping the whole thing in two.

PvP.

You only need really 1 land mount. If you have more than that you probably understand the concept of them being just for style.

I do believe they won't be allowed -everywhere- like you don't see 30 drakes in the AH atm.

Don't forget the addition of udnerwater mounts for the Abyssmal Maw (mounts similair to flying mounts only the air is replaced with water)
    Owww I hope Cataclysm will feature a underwater Battleground O_o *drool*
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

I think you have to train old world flying.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    1: Garrosh is a hot-headed moron, I really don't see it past him to forget such a simple thing.

2. They're fixing Undercity, did you not see the pictures of the new Undercity? It's all above ground now, probably due to the Cataclysm ripping the whole thing in two.
    Nope, it is not. Undercity will still be underground. It is essentially the catacombs and canalisation of the Capital City of Lordaeron, which is what they are rebuilding. The ruins of the Capital City are on top of Undercity right now, we just haven't been able to enter them so far because.... they didn't put any entrance or whatever there... Oo FFS you enter the catacombs straight from the Throne Room (yeah, I know the elevator shafts were some sort of traps or whatever, but still).

Until now that was not a problem, you could not enter the Capital City ruins by foot nor could you fly over it. They actually have not built anything there other than the top-area which you can enter and a few towers which you can see from afar.

That's what they are fixing, they are rebuilding the ruins because now that you can fly over it, or at least see it from the air, a huge empty area where ruins should be would be kinda weird....

Quote Originally Posted by fex
    PvP.
    Banned.

Deleted

Flyable doesn't mean assailable.

First - we don't know what Garrosh is going to do to Org to make it more defensible - but you REALLY think he's going to ignore flying guards? Really?

Second - Dalaran is still an instanced area. The instance size has been nerfed, yes, allowing you to get where you're going, then drop down into it, but then you have to wait for the instance to load, which still takes quite a bit of time. Org and Stormwind (especially) but likely the other major cities as well, will have the same "natural" defense. If you try to fly down into it, it will take time to load. And you'll just be dead as dead can be if you're alliance.

Third - Flyable doesn't mean "all access pass". Undercity is still underground. You'll still have to dismount to get down into it. Most likely it will be non-flyable inside. Other cities, I suspect will be no fly zones - you can zip over them, but once you get low enough, you'll get knocked off your flying mount so that the instance can take you in fairly.

I have no concerns at all about aerial attacks on Org (or any other major city). People will try it once, die horribly, and it'll never happen again.
    no..

dalaran is not an instanced area..
    ? or maybe you just have the worlds slowest pc? :P
    i surely have never seen a loading screen upon entering any city.. ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    I saw the pictures, and nothing about it has changed.

Pre-Cataclysm: There's nothing "above" Undercity, much like there's nothing "outside" the walls of Stormwind. No flight path goes over Undercity simply because nothing is there. The pictures are just to show people that they've actually modeled "upper Undercity" for Cataclysm.

I'm hoping they flesh it out with NPCs or mobs, though.
    Nyuthing!

Second - Dalaran is still an instanced area.
    This space is available for rent!

I just had the most epic idea for aerial defense of the big cities:

-for an example, above Orgrimmar flies Orgrim's hammer, which will shoot anything flying below it. The only way to fly-raid Org is to first raid Orgrim's hammer
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!