I want a new Blizzard UI in Cataclysm.

Default blizzard UI hasn't changed since the original WoW(except minor adjustments). I'd love to see something new, or maybe even different choices for a blizz ui in Cataclysm. Seriously even that thing they used to display arena tourney would do.
    Theres a lot of addons - I agree, BUT I want to see what blizz is capable of making.

GIEF.NAO.PLOX.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: I want a new Blizzard UI in Cataclysm.

Probably won't happen - at least, not a complete UI overhaul.

Blizzard's conception for their UI is 1) it fits the Warcraft world, 2) it's robust enough to handle serious gaming, 3) it's simple enough to learn easily and doesn't detract from playing the game with it's complicatedness.

Their current UI does do this. It's not the ultimate on either 2 or 3, but it's a fair compromise between the two. I expect more tweaks, not a new default.

I agree, Neav's UI is much better than the original interface. Combined with squidmod for better bar endcaps, I love it.
    I guess my brain will never work right. At least I’m pretty.

15+ Year Old Account

Tbh. I don't even know how origininal WoW interface looks like, I see it only few minutes right after some new contentaddonfucking patch is deployed.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

I think the general UI needs a new look and some new functions. But I think there are good chances because Blizz implements some good addons in wow, just thinking of questhelper

15+ Year Old Account

I also hope Blizzard will change the UI. I mean we have used it since... yeah since forever! We should get some new artwork and some more simple and pretty design instead of that thing, because I know Blizzard can create something more likeable than the one being used now. It can still have the Blizzardish theme etc.

It would be nice if they changed it, but since nothing was mentioned, I wouldn't hold my breath. It is in need of a serious update/makeover, but I just don't see it happening.

15+ Year Old Account

havent played with the default ui since 2.12 but i think the addon community fix that minor problem, no need to fix something when its not broken!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaCxWARE
    But I think there are good chances because Blizz implements some good addons in wow, just thinking of questhelper
    they said the map thing will never be implented after some testing
    but you never say never with Blizzard, right?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Actually, what they said was that they couldn't implement it during a normal patch - even a "major" patch like 3.2. If Blizzard still wants to put in such a thing, Cataclysm would be the time to do it.