Thread: Need advice..

mdiddy90

Need advice..

Well my friend I turned onto WoW dinged 80 about a week ago. I was just wondering if I can get some advice on his build, gear and such. I'm not a hunter (druid here) so I'm not 100% sure what spec would be more beneficial to him due to his lower gear. Here is his armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Lothar&n=Karik

I do know he loves pvp and seems to be gearing around pvp pieces till something better drops being that the pvp pieces he buys with honor are better than what he got questing. Thanks in advance all!

Re: Need advice..

-Well he has 58 hit rating. He needs to be at 8%. 5% for PvP I believe.

-A lot of his gear isn't enchanted or gemmed.

-Trinkets need work

+Surprisingly, his spec is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

mdiddy90

Yeah that's the thing I'm not sure if he should gem/enchant for hit? I'm aware of the hit cap I'm just not sure if its priorty #1 for him? I've pretty much funded his whole turning 80 process ie; gems, enchants, trainning and so fourth along with my alts and my main so I don't want to waste needless money.

Tbh i dont think its worth enchanting his gear atm. I think u should run him thoright some heroics to get some better gear thats worthwhile to enchant

Quote Originally Posted by Callsign Grunge
    -Well he has 58 hit rating. He needs to be at 8%. 5% for PvP I believe.
    Building onto this, if he wants to do arena he'll need to spec survival and (iirc, I don't know off the top of my head) 75 spell pen to keep traps from being resisted. 5% hit is more or less what people run, yes.

Yeah, his gear isn't worth spending a lot of time enchanting. Green or blue gems and the lesser enchants, sure, but nothing like massacre or epic gems.

Judging from his gear, he'd probably be better off speccing into the 0/14/57 survival spec (or whatever it is), because he doesn't have a good ranged weapon.

If PvP is your friend's thing, Wintergrasp Titan gear can help with his current hit%. Belt, ring, etc. Replace the blues and green.

Melee Weapon = Argent Tournament- Silvery Sylvan Stave (or something along those lines)

Range Weapon = Get some gear and go do H.ToC for True Aim rifle. It will be a nice quick boost. But not a big concern. Get the other stuff first. Nesingwary's not a bad gun for new hunters. I can push 3k dps with a mix and match of PvP and PvE gear while using Nesingwary 4000. Of course this is with flask and stuff too.

Shoulder = Sons of Hodir shoulder enchant is a must. Unless your friend plans to drop Skinning and take up Inscription as well.

To boost his PvP gear farming, dont bother enchanting the non-epic gears atm. Just go Survival spec, use Armor Kits. Stam = AP as well. Plus, pants enchant is cheap and easy for LW.

mdiddy90

Thanks guys. Yeah I sent him to start working on Hodir rep. I had to force him to get rip with Ebon lol. I appreciate the help, I'll mention to him and see what he says about survival. I'm gonna try to get some guildies together and carry him through some heroics and toc. He actually doesn't do horrible dps. He pulled 2k in a reg toc last night so not horrible I guess. Thanks again all.

Quote Originally Posted by mdiddy90
    Thanks guys. Yeah I sent him to start working on Hodir rep. I had to force him to get rip with Ebon lol. I appreciate the help, I'll mention to him and see what he says about survival. I'm gonna try to get some guildies together and carry him through some heroics and toc. He actually doesn't do horrible dps. He pulled 2k in a reg toc last night so not horrible I guess. Thanks again all.
    Yeah, but IMO if he's doing 2's have him go Marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

With his gear right now. He will do a hell of a lot more damage as survival. Speccing mm makes sense after you get a either really slow ilvl 213 weapon, or at least a ilvl 226 ranged.
    Even if he insists to stay mm, this spec is wrong for him. With that hit, 3 points in Focused aim is a must, and its a pve spec right now. But for starters, he needs to figure out what he wants to do. Either grind bg-s for hateful gear, or run heroic's/naxx as a pve player. Creating an half-arsed specc that will do somehow good in both cases is pointless. Or well he should get dual-specc.
    Either way, with his gear, surv is the way to go atm, and w/e talent specc he chooses , focused aim is a must.
    For pvp, as surv(and actually as mm aswell), many hunters use 75 spell pene, like it was mentioned in a post above already. But the reasoning was way wrong. Its not to pervent trap resisting. Its to pervent exposive shot resists due MarkOfTheWild., for countering a paladins aura, you will need 110 spell pene. But these things come into play when he goes arena. That will most likely not happen before he gets some more hateful.
    For bg-grind, let him get the sta talent from bm, 14 points into mm(for aimed shot and careful aim), rest to surv. That might not be the max dmg, but he will stay alive longer=more honor gained.

Another plus of the survival specc is, you actually have to monitor your cooldowns, like serpent sting, black arrow+the standing still thing, maxxing out LnL procc etc. aka, it imporves you as a hunter. mm spec is really lazy shooting when chimera/aimed cd is up. Altho no argue here, with good(ulduar+) gear, mm will yeild more damage.