Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any other DK tanks having this problem?

This screen shot was taken on 8/18 in Stratholm

This screenshot was taken on 8/24 in H-TOC

I dont understand why im getting crit while being capped. ESPECIALLY by a level 62 elite mob.

Re: Any other DK tanks having this problem?

In H-ToC the lightwielders do a debuff that reduces your defense by 100, but i have no idea how it would happen in strat.

Thanks for that feedback. But i didnt have any debuffs at the time in H-TOC. Where my buffs are located if i had a debuff it would show with a name and red, this screenshot was taken 2 seconds after it happened. I guess it possible that the debuff wore off by that time. Ive also noticed that it happened with the Argent Confessor Paletress fight last week, she spawned Ony and ony crit hit me, i figured it was a fluke or a parrot(addon) error/bug. But i did start watching my combat log and been taking screen shots ever since

Deleted

Noticed the same. Got critted by a Guardian of Yogg-Saron few weeks ago. Our healer were like "WTF?".

Combat logs would be more helpful than "yeah totally remember it happening that one time on this one fight" to prove its a bug. I've personally never had this issue on Uld clears or the ToC bosses.

I've seen paladin tanks at the defense cap crit. I've had my feral druid who's spec'd to be crit immune crit. Both didn't have any defense related debuffs. I've seen it on my druid running Strat and I've seen it in SM on her. One run, I pulled the entire cathedral, the mobs got in a lot of crits (love to know how), and I died. Never bothered to screenshot it. Figured it was a fluke. With the paladin, he was crit in some heroics and I believe in Naxx as well. I think it's a bug or some screwy mechanic Blizzard isn't commenting on. I haven't paid attention to warrior or DK tanks in the matter. Only reason I know the paladin was crit was because he was looking at his combat log. I know my druid was crit because I wanted to see why I died. I had done similar runs of Strat and SM on her prior to that day and since then with no problems.

Keep in mind that the paperdoll numbers are rounded up, therefore if you see 540 Defense there it might not be "exactly" what you need and therefore be prone to receive a crit, also, there's the possibility that you hit the sit button, when you are sitting, the next swing will be a critical regardless of how much Defense you are running around with.

Quote Originally Posted by Arhagellos
    Keep in mind that the paperdoll numbers are rounded up, therefore if you see 540 Defense there it might not be "exactly" what you need and therefore be prone to receive a crit, also, there's the possibility that you hit the sit button, when you are sitting, the next swing will be a critical regardless of how much Defense you are running around with.
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Snowulf
    /thread
    what about overcapped@strat ? explain.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I've not been in Strat in ages but its possible that Ramstein is flagged as a boss, by defintion bosses count as 3 levels above you for purposes of combat ratings, therefore it is very possible that the crit landed BEFORE the sigil procced to give the extra Defense. Unless the 6 extra Defense is from someplace else in which case it is weird, still, consider the possibility of sitting.

15+ Year Old Account

I havent seen this happen on my warrior, not once, unless i had something to cause it to happen to me, like i was sitting or Thorims unbalancing strike and similar debuffs. Maybe you did press sit or had a debuff and just didnt notice. Or Deathknights may have a bug some where, maybe within the defence enchant? its impossible for us to point out the exact reason because we dont have enough to look at to determine what cause you to be crit, maybe a video of the crit would be better.(i know thats not gona happen)

Even if they are "rounded up" that doesnt explain strat. No i didnt accidently hit the "sit" button.

I've not been in Strat in ages but its possible that Ramstein is flagged as a boss, by defintion bosses count as 3 levels above you for purposes of combat ratings, therefore it is very possible that the crit landed BEFORE the sigil procced to give the extra Defense. Unless the 6 extra Defense is from someplace else in which case it is weird, still, consider the possibility of sitting.
    No, he wasnt ?? he was a level 62 elite. Regardless of ?? or not, point is my def is over cap and shouldnt be getting crit.

Quote Originally Posted by neonanaski
    Combat logs would be more helpful than "yeah totally remember it happening that one time on this one fight" to prove its a bug. I've personally never had this issue on Uld clears or the ToC bosses.
    Thus the screen shots.

Quote Originally Posted by mnemosyne
    Noticed the same. Got critted by a Guardian of Yogg-Saron few weeks ago. Our healer were like "WTF?".
    Did you report it to blizz or get a screen shot?

Quote Originally Posted by kerumilas
    In H-ToC the lightwielders do a debuff that reduces your defense by 100, but i have no idea how it would happen in strat.
    According to WoWwiki no one in that instance has that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Cognus
    Even if they are "rounded up" that doesnt explain strat. No i didnt accidently hit the "sit" button.

No, he wasnt ?? he was a level 62 elite. Regardless of ?? or not, point is my def is over cap and shouldnt be getting crit.

Thus the screen shots.

Did you report it to blizz or get a screen shot?

According to WoWwiki no one in that instance has that ability.

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=35309#abilities

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionsWrath
    Thanks for that. That confirms the ability. I dont understand why Wiki doesnt have it. Id still like to know how it happened in strat and it also happened while fighting Paletress when she summoned Ony, Ony crit me for 15k.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    what about overcapped@strat ? explain.
    The crit is due to Ramstein dual weilding if im not wrong, he hits with both his "arms" and thus he can crit you.

All dual weild mobs can and always have been able to crit defence capped tanks.
    Otherwise Samin explained it quite well, even when it says 540 defence, you might lack that _1_ defence rating to be crit immune, and that's why you should always go for 541 defence or (689 +def rating) as that is where the real cap is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zur
    The crit is due to Ramstein dual weilding if im not wrong, he hits with both his "arms" and thus he can crit you.

All dual weild mobs can and always have been able to crit defence capped tanks.
    Otherwise Samin explained it quite well, even when it says 540 defence, you might lack that _1_ defence rating to be crit immune, and that's why you should always go for 541 defence or (689 +def rating) as that is where the real cap is.
    I totally disagree with this theory due to that fact that it was a level 60 instance, and I was over capped (546 not 540). The raid cap for 60 is 440, i have 100+ more than that. I should not have been crit at all by him, dual wield or not.

Deleted

I totally disagree with this theory due to that fact that it was a level 60 instance, and I was over capped (546 not 540). The raid cap for 60 is 440, i have 100+ more than that. I should not have been crit at all by him, dual wield or not.
    All mobs in whom are dual weilding mobs, have always been able to crit tanks, nomather what defence skill people have had.
    If im not mistaken, there is a section on it on wowwiki.com/elitist jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zur
    All mobs in whom are dual weilding mobs, have always been able to crit tanks, nomather what defence skill people have had.
    If im not mistaken, there is a section on it on wowwiki.com/elitist jerks.
    Can you provide a link? Did some searching and cant find proof of this.

because it's wrong ...

critting Illidan inc?

Deleted

Can you provide a link? Did some searching and cant find proof of this.
    Not anymore

But to give other examples: (on mobs who can crit you with defence cap @ lvl 80)

Monks in Scarlet Monestary.
    Assasins in the General Vezax trash.

because it's wrong ...

critting Illidan inc?
    They fixed that in BC.

Neither brutallus, nor Illidan could crit/crush your MT.

EDIT: I found a link.

I got crit by other mob X at more than 540 defense, what about that?
    Sure, you're going to get crit once in a while. Mobs that dual wield can be rogue types with increased crit chance. Your feral druid buddy gets mind controlled, giving the mobs that 5% extra to crit. Other mobs may buff their crit chance, or debuff your crit reduction. Maybe you just sat down by mistake (you have unbound sit/stand from the very easy to hit X key, right?)
    From http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f200/...questions.html.