Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What fun and exciting talents will be added to the Mage Trees?

Blizz said they want to get rid of the boring talents and make them passive to the tree. An example would be a warrior specing into Fury. Instead of put 1-5 pts for 5% crit, they will get more crit the more points you put into the tree. What about mages?

I really don't find it fun to get .1,.2..etc of Frostbolt as you spec into Frost. It's not fun to get 1/2/3 hit as well. I know the importance of these talents but they are definitely not fun. The first "fun" thing I can think of in the frost tree is shatter. Crazy crits are always fun. If Blizz really wants to add more flare to the Mage talent trees and make them fun and exciting, they have their work cut out. I just don't see how they can rid all the "boring" talents. the whole trees would have to change.

I have a feeling I'm going to be hugely dissapointed >

Things I would like Blizz to put into the mage trees that are fun would be Tier bonuses of the past that we lost. Extra chance to proc Brain Freeze, Arcane Missiles, Pyroblast from Tier 8. 10% chance after casting Arcane Missiles, Fireball, or Frostbolt that your next spell with a casting time under 10 seconds cast instantly from t2.

I just hope they actually make the trees fun like they said they will and not just give us a pile of shit.

Re: What fun and exciting talents will be added to the Mage Trees?

there wernt going to be anything more to the trees. only the path of the titans stuff and archaeology stuff. they were simplifying the trees and adding those 2 other things, thats it

Quote Originally Posted by Duftehwarrior
    there wernt going to be anything more to the trees. only the path of the titans stuff and archaeology stuff. they were simplifying the trees and adding those 2 other things, thats it
    All Quoted for Blues during Blizzcon:

* "A mastery system is being added as well, a lot of talents will be reworked to be more fun. The point is to get rid of a lot of the talent skills and not make you spend all your points in a talent tree just because it gives you more damage or higher crit chance."

*"Most of the Talent Trees will be changed dramatically, a lot of the passive bonuses will be removed and talent trees should be more fun. (No more "Hurray! Level up! I just got 1% more hit!)"

Mastery system

* There are too many talents right now and a lot of them are boring and just give passive bonuses. (1% hit bonus, etc ...)
    * The goal is to make talents more fun and useful, Body and Soul or Juggernaut are a good example.
    * The old passive bonuses will be automatically added to your character through the Mastery system as you spend more points in a talent tree. Spending a lot of points in Fury will give you extra crit, etc ... this will be implemented for all classes.
    * Mastery bonuses will lower energy cost, increase your armor penetration, etc ...

So like I said...They plan on removing Talents that add crit, hit, lower cost of spells, meaning they will end of totally removing/changing a lot of talents What fun and exciting talents are you guys hoping for? Maybe a talent like Body and Soul in arcane that gives you a speed increase when you pop mana shield.

The goal is to make talents more fun and useful, Body and Soul or Juggernaut are a good example.
    Body and Soul is only useful in pvp and then you are holy and suck at pvp. What it is is gimmicky and stupid because you are Holy. If you are casting bubbles over a disc priest you are bad. It's also fairly dangerous. If you hit a person w/ it that isn't ready they may well run into something because they were moving a lot faster than planned.

Download my UI here: Barretta UI

Quote Originally Posted by cTron417
    Body and Soul is only useful in pvp and then you are holy and suck at pvp. What it is is gimmicky and stupid because you are Holy. If you are casting bubbles over a disc priest you are bad. It's also fairly dangerous. If you hit a person w/ it that isn't ready they may well run into something because they were moving a lot faster than planned.
    I'm not saying that Body and Soul is particularly a useful spell. Blizzard, on the other hand, is saying that it is a fun talent. It may or may not be useful but overall it has the potential to be both useful and fun. Blizzard wants to make fun talents. I'm asking what would be a fun and useful talent for mages and not op?

Arcane Mind

Rank x/5
    Requires 20 points in Arcane talents
    Causes you to dual channel the arcane. You can cast 2 spells at the same time, but deal 40% less damage and cast [20-x*5]% slower. An interrupt locks all current spell'tree which you are casting out.

You can cast 2 spells at the same time, but deal 40% less damage and cast [20-x*5]% slower. An interrupt locks all current spell'tree which you are casting out.
    Not sure about the spelling :-\

Made by Cazy!
    Massively Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

I've been waiting for years for things like...

polymorph not healing the target.

and is mass polymorph too much to ask for?

Here's some fun ideas, might be a little too crazy, but why not?

How about adding a component of living bomb to sheep, so when sheep gets dispelled, it explodes, causing AoE damage. That would be fun.

Another idea: Rework focus magic so that it makes arcane blast/fireball/frostbolt/frostfire apply a debuff on the target, that causes the target to to be vulnerable to spell damage, increasing spell critical strike chance against the target by 5%. Get rid of scorch stacking.

Put a 3 point talent deeper in the arcane tree with the following: whenever someone in your party critically hits a target affected by your focus magic debuff, there is a 20% chance that you gain 1/2/3% spell haste for 10 seconds. (possibly different numbers of course).

Give arcane a ranged AoE spell that causes a surge of arcane energy to shoot out of the ground, causing no damage, but making all targets in the effected area (even the mage himself) to launch up into the air so many yards. Imagine launching yourself up into the air, casting slowfall, and PoM arcane blast. Now that would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by buch3r
    Here's some fun ideas, might be a little too crazy, but why not?

How about adding a component of living bomb to sheep, so when sheep gets dispelled, it explodes, causing AoE damage. That would be fun.

Another idea: Rework focus magic so that it makes arcane blast/fireball/frostbolt/frostfire apply a debuff on the target, that causes the target to to be vulnerable to spell damage, increasing spell critical strike chance against the target by 5%. Get rid of scorch stacking.

Put a 3 point talent deeper in the arcane tree with the following: whenever someone in your party critically hits a target affected by your focus magic debuff, there is a 20% chance that you gain 1/2/3% spell haste for 10 seconds. (possibly different numbers of course).

Give arcane a ranged AoE spell that causes a surge of arcane energy to shoot out of the ground, causing no damage, but making all targets in the effected area (even the mage himself) to launch up into the air so many yards. Imagine launching yourself up into the air, casting slowfall, and PoM arcane blast. Now that would be fun.
    : Fun, but not very usefull, because the target is going to get healed while its sheeped. Can be fun though.

: I'm quite sure blizz finds focus magic fun, and that 5% crit bonus not fun (following the line that they say juggernaut is fun and body and soul to)

: i like the idea, don't know about blizz cause arcane is not air magic, its conjure magic. But its fun

Made by Cazy!
    Massively Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet
    Yes.
    if your not going to make constructive comments then don't post at all.
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon
    You have to admit, mass polymorph would be way OP.

It was a yes or no question, appropriately answered. QQ

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Hoe exactly do you propose people answer yes or no questions?

And yes mass polymorph would be to much to ask for.

Mass Poly would be op... i know. i guess i still have envy over shade of aran.

But i seriously don't think removing the healing factor of poly being OP, let's face it. in pvp we're not the toughest(nor should we be) but it'd be nice if one of our major forms of CC didnt heal the target back to full.

Quote Originally Posted by buch3r
    You have to admit, mass polymorph would be way OP.
    Well no more OP than a the mass fears priests and locks have or Hungering Cold of the DKs. And none of those spells heal their target.

Not saying I want it but yeah, not OP.

Phoenix please

15+ Year Old Account

i think it's about time Polymorph stops healing the target, no other CC does it, why does ours need to?
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

i think it's about time Polymorph stops healing the target, no other CC does it, why does ours need to?
    because it's too much fun turning your opponent into a fluffy animal, we must be punished for doing so.

How about these.

Frost

Freezing Circle
    2.5 sec cast
    Summons a circle of ice that freezes enemies.

like the naga in Zangarmarsh, ppl in the circle get some massive damage
    ----
    Fire

Conjure Flame Sphere
    3 sec cast
    Conjures a sphere of pure fire that floats through the air toward the target while firing searing beams at enemies that come within 18 yds.

Like Prince Taldaram in Ahn'kahet

or
    Fire Tornado
    Inflicts X damage to enemies in rage of the tornado and knocks them back for 5 yards

like the trash elementals before Ignis the Furnace Master, ulduar
    ---

got no ideas for arcane tho

--

as u can read all the spells are alrdy excisting spells in the game, knowing blizzard is lazy by nature, this should be easy to implement as talents

any thoughts?

Deleted

Theres a bit in the first star wars film where Darth Vader lifts a guy in mid air and strangulates him from a distance. This could be

an Arcane talent called Arcane Choke or something: Choke and suspend the target, while active the target cannot cast or move

and will take X amount damage which increases by 25% with each second, last 4 seconds and is channeled. In addition you dispell

a maximum of 2 beneficial buff from target.