[PvP-Holy] Prot healer nerf, what now?

What spec are you going with for 2s and 3s?
    Going to try it with ret gear and same spec? Keep going like you are now?
    Switching to holy for Bacon? Holy/Prot? Holy/Ret?
    I'll probably do a hybrid. Holy for Shock and Ret for Divine Purpose and Repentance.
    Not sure yet, still playing around with different builds and looking for opinions.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: [PvP-Holy] Prot healer nerf, what now?

Quote Originally Posted by dvdjrkns
    What spec are you going with for 2s and 3s?
    Going to try it with ret gear and same spec? Keep going like you are now?
    Switching to holy for Bacon? Holy/Prot? Holy/Ret?
    I'll probably do a hybrid. Holy for Shock and Ret for Divine Purpose and Repentance.
    Not sure yet, still playing around with different builds and looking for opinions.
    Same build, same set-up, with only 200-275 less SP and a 30 second HoJ.

either keep the prot nerfed form, or go holy /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Qarling
    either keep the prot nerfed form, or go holy /thread
    Since the changes to Beacon and SS/FoL, I see holy being the way to go again.

You are going to want to go holy for arenas now because 2s, where deep prot/holy is dominant, no longer rewards the arena shoulders/titles. Also, for most 3's team comps deep holy/prot is a better spec than deep prot/holy because it offers beacon and an instant heal(Holy Shock) to help avoid being counterspelled when you or one of your teammates is getting focused.

Quote Originally Posted by divinic
    If I had furious chest I would be able to hit 3k sp right now. 2986 with salv atm.

The nerf would bring it down to 2700ish? which is what I had before 3.2 so I'm just going back some sp... except after 3.2 I got a heal over time...

Would it make much difference? Maybe. 300 less absorption and slightly smaller heals.
    Yes, it would make a big difference because in 3's expect to see longer cc trains than in 2s, and not having an instant HS/FoL can be awful because it means that you have to cast the heal, allowing yourself to be counterspelled. Even if you AM the first CC train, and bubble the second time they CC train you, you're still kinda f*cked on the third.

I've tried the prot healer in 3s, didn't go over as well.
    Cleaves can eat your teammates alive, you'll be CC'ed constantly and the only heal you have for it all is FoL.
    That said, it wasn't bad. Deep holy was just better for 3s.
    At least in my experience, and I'm by no means an expert. Made it to 2200 in 2s, but sucked hard in 3s & 5s.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dvdjrkns
    I've tried the prot healer in 3s, didn't go over as well.
    Cleaves can eat your teammates alive, you'll be CC'ed constantly and the only heal you have for it all is FoL.
    That said, it wasn't bad. Deep holy was just better for 3s.
    At least in my experience, and I'm by no means an expert. Made it to 2200 in 2s, but sucked hard in 3s & 5s.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevethepally
    Yes, it would make a big difference because in 3's expect to see longer cc trains than in 2s, and not having an instant HS/FoL can be awful because it means that you have to cast the heal, allowing yourself to be counterspelled. Even if you AM the first CC train, and bubble the second time they CC train you, you're still kinda f*cked on the third.
    Prot-Holy was only viable in 2s: Holy always did better in 3s and 5s, due mostly to Beacon and less FF on one person.