Is Ret/rogue viable for 2v2?

I have experience in pve, but when it comes to pvp i was just not so interested before.
    Well, when s7 starts i'm aiming to get a serious 2v2 team, going for 2k+ rating.
    Here's our armory:
    Me(ret pala)
    Rogue

I know we gotta go for burst mainly, so i tough of using one of those specs(not sure which one will be better):
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVhdZ...uGdIfsz:a0u0zm
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sV0bZ...uGdIbsz:a0u0zm

As for my gear, i plan on using t8.5 helm/chest, rest will be deadly/titan forged and using greatness+blood of the old god while in low rating, then changing blood of the old god to Platinum Disks of Battle, Libram of Valiance(as ill use SoV for non dispelling teams).

Not sure what the rogue will spec into or will wear, but ill make sure that he'll get the best possible stuff.

Any suggestion based on experience, is more than welcome.

Re: Is Ret/rogue viable for 2v2?

http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/2v2/Paladin/Rogue/ , pretty nice viable, #100 this combo still on 2333 rat, most played pala in this setup is 0/19/52

I played Ret/Rogue per 3.2 and it was really nice, we got up to 2200 no problem. Would have gotten higher if the ret pvp nurf didn't come in the middle of a season, wish I started 2s earlier probably would have gotten to 2400+.

yes yes yes its viable, the burst is extremely good, but if the other team survives the ROFLWAFFLESTUNWINGSBLINDFACEROLL then ull lose due to lack of heals :/

Quote Originally Posted by Illunis
    yes yes yes its viable, the burst is extremely good, but if the other team survives the ROFLWAFFLESTUNWINGSBLINDFACEROLL then ull lose due to lack of heals :/
    This minus the waffles.

This is one of the best 2x dps teams for sure and its a pain in the ass to fight as any rogue/x comp just because of the gibbing power this team has. Only problem is that while this is a competitive 2x dps, its still a 2x dps which means that any healer+dps team already has an advantage.

I will say though, as a resto sham with 925 resil and earth shield on me I died to a ret/rogue teams opener even after trinketing the kidney shot... CS >KS > Trinket >HOJ >garrote > dead. In 3s v ret/rogue/disc I died in a cheepshot from about 90% hp because i didnt have ES on me from a ret+rogue so i do respect the burst they can put out.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Eiran
    This minus the waffles.
    hey hey, back up off my waffles

not sure why you would want a 2k rating. You wont be able to do much with this rating as they have removed shoulders and weapons from 2s. As for the comp it works fine. I dont totally agree with you using sov even for non dispel teams cuz a good team will cc you and let stacks fall off.

2s is good for weapons and casuals... if you don't/can't make it past 1800 then 3s isn't going to be anything different.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

15+ Year Old Account

This setup is for sure viable, every time me and my teammate face them we're like: Gawd....''Lolstun'' again. If all stuns/interrupt are well timed, you should be able to kill any Healer/DPS team without problem by focusing the healer. Either that or just nuke the DPS like a crazy bitch and you should be able to burst them down within seconds while keeping Blind/Sap/Hammer of Justice/Repentance on the healer.

Also, the ability to bubble either yourself or the Rogue and heal up is great when playing with 2 dps. Bubble can prevent a certain kill EACH game.

Expect to have a lot of games where your rogue dies right as there healer dies and you end up finishing off the other dps. Hand of Protection can save your rogue sometimes, but it will prevent your rogue from doing a lot of things. You can't vanish or bandage when HoP is on you and I believe you can't use Cloak of Shadows. Your rogue should make a macro or something where he can cancel HoP quickly.

Sometimes it's worth it to throw your rogue a heal, but against a lot of comps it's better to be really offensive. It will help if you have macros keybound to cleanse and HoF your rogue. Teams with other paladins are going to be tough due to the bubbles, but warlock teams are pretty much a guaranteed win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    2s is good for weapons and casuals... if you don't/can't make it past 1800 then 3s isn't going to be anything different.
    Main reason why im doing it, besides the tittle

Hmm i didn't knew it was a really viable setup. On the arenajunkies url that qsubt05 posted i noticed they play assassination rogues, so it's a bonus for us hehe.
    Thanks for the advices.

@Irishstud: Hmm i think the +200str bonus will be worth it, or i'm wrong? If this becomes a problem, ill just change to SoR

@gobtol: Won't be a problem doing it, as i already do it in f2p at hodir and vezax's fights because it's too hard for casters to not steal aggro from the tank lol

any good team with a pally will kill you. other than that you're fine.

i'm a rogue nerf me please.

I prefer Ret / DK but maybe thats because I'm a DK and I want a new arena partner
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    I prefer Ret / DK but maybe thats because I'm a DK and I want a new arena partner
    My team was a lot more successful with a rogue than we were with a dk, but that could be due to the fact that my partner is more skilled at playing a rogue than a dk. This is somewhat contradictory though since death knights require no skill.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    This is somewhat contradictory though since death knights require no skill.
    Lol, the best thing is. You said that being a Ret Pala. I believe DK's are only a bit more brainless then Ret's are, although I'm not saying Rets are incredibly OP, since they are not imo. Doesn't make them less brainless tho :P

I will agree that the damage dealing portion is brainless. The things that separate an average ret paladin from a great one though are things like dispelling cc, using HoF to get your team-mate out of stuns, using Hand of Sacrifice/Divine Sacrifice at the right times, waiting to judge if it's going to get absorbed, and knowing when it's ok to use AW.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    I will agree that the damage dealing portion is brainless. The things that separate an average ret paladin from a great one though are things like dispelling cc, using HoF to get your team-mate out of stuns, using Hand of Sacrifice/Divine Sacrifice at the right times, waiting to judge if it's going to get absorbed, and knowing when it's ok to use AW.
    That's kinda what I meant. Up till 1600 rating, you only need 5 buttons from my experience tho. I've actually see Pala's use auto hit, Hammer of Justice and Judgement only and putting up insane dps already. But past that 1600 rating, you'll need to know when to dispell/HoF etc indeed. But as I said, I don't think they are really OP anyway.

Played this comp to 1900 Any comp with a BoP will counter you Ret / Priest will hard counter tbh the vindication nerf kind of screwed it up quite a bit but it should be viable to some extent still I play a 2100 Mage Rogue now double DPS is only good with proper CC locks imo