Infinite Dragonflight and Cataclysm

If Nozdormu is the actual leader of the Infinite Dragonflight (which he most likely is due to that quest). What do you think causes Nozdormu to do this? Do you think the truth will be revealed in Cata? Do you think Deathwing may have a part in this? (I do.)

Discuss!

Re: Infinite Dragonflight and Cataclysm

hopefully the infinite dragon flight will be featured in their own Xpac where we have to go back in azeroth's past

Noxdormu fell to the same fate as Malygos (persumably), sinking into madness after Deathwing's assault.

Deleted

i doubt we will ever fight nozdormu, they may be black and we fight them now, but that is only because we don't know the real reason why nozdormu is trying to modify the future. it may have good reasons and may try to prevent something even more bad happening than what we can assume it will happen. The look of infinte dragonflight may just be an effect due to the time traveling corruption.

I really think that will be a CoT instance in Cataclysm, probably set in the War of the Ancients, when Neltharion betrayed the other dragonflights with the Dragon Soul.

15+ Year Old Account

I doubt the Infinite Dragonflight will get their own expansion. In all honesty, I don't htink that would be very exciting unless it's hosted all over (example: time shifts happen all over Azeroth, each zone becomes either what it was in the past or what it will be in the future).

I think we will eventually face Nozdormu in a CoT raid. Perhaps in Cataclysm, they could make a CoT : War of the Ancients. It could be the portion where Neltharion is attempting to create the Dragon Soul, and Nozdormu sends the Infinite Dragonflight to stop him from making it (for obvious reasons). And leading the charge against him is our favorite little Chromie! The final scene would be as Neltharion is about to finish forging the Dragon Soul, then Nozdormu finally reveals himself and tries to kill Neltharion before he can finish the weapon. We intervene and have Chromie call in backup from the Bronze Dragonflight to aid in defeating him. Somehting along those lines, anyhow.

Either way, I would like to get to the bottom of this. It could be alot of fun!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Yeh, I don't think it's really big enough to be its own Expansion. Although I do think we will fight against Nozdormu but we'll just end up defeating him, I don't think being killed by heroes will be his death.

After Deathwing forged the Dragon Soul and subsequently had it stolen then destroyed ALL the other aspects more or less have been in a semi-'INSANE' state.

Malygos after loosing most of the blue dragonflight
    Nozzie after loosing a lot of power to the Dragon Soul and subsequently with the random progress of time and knowing his own demise
    Ysera same as Nozzie, i.e. loosing some power to the Dragon Soul, plus whatever is attacking/infecting the emerald dream
    Alexstraza is the most sane of them all, but lets not forget that she too was a bit ffed up after being chained by the Dragon Soul during WarII.
    Not even going to bother talking about Deathwing himself.

Couple this with the fact that these powerful entities are ALL PRIME targets for manipulation and deception by the Old Gods (far more powerful entities).

Given all this I am still amazed that people bitch and moan about 'lorelol' when they see the aspects shown to us as insane and killable. I've already covered the insane part above and with regards to killable we have ONE aspect killed (or at least weakened/banished, who knows how lore will describe the outcome) and that was ONLY with help from the red dragonflight, not our chars alone.

i think they should end CoT's story line with a Gnomer Raid and the end boss be Noz. .. OMG they need to do this now ! O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Omen321
    i think they should end CoT's story line with a Gnomer Raid and the end boss be Noz. .. OMG they need to do this now ! O_O
    War of the Ancients!

They got be good - cause we know disrupting time IN ANY WAY - causes it to unravel and collapse in on itself.

This was explained in Cavern of Times when they have you do the quest that explains and walks you around each instance entrance.