Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 4.0 - A Possible Salvation for Shaman ??

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    A new spell you say.. hmmmm :

But I'll have to think about alot of things:

-Can't cause scenarios in which the enemy dies in a few seconds in pvp
    -Has to be able to scale
    -Needs talent synergy (often)
    -Needs to fill up some gap we lack either in pvp or pve
    -Needs to be of a different school then Fire or Nature (and in that way, fixing a slight pvp issue)

So with this to mind I have come to the conclusion it should have a form of AOE damage, have a pvp effect, and be a different school.

So i have come up with THIS!:

Frozen Orb
    16% of base mana, 30 yd range, 1.5 sec cast, 12 second cooldown
    Blast the target with a huge pillar of frost which explodes on impact stunning is for 3 seconds dealing 391-593 Frost damage to the target, and 1273-1477 Frost damage to all targets in an 8 yard radius around it and applying the Frost Shock debuff to all targets.

42.80% Spellpower added to main-target damage (just like other 1.5 cast spells like Scorch)
    -49.22% with Shamanism
    21.30% Spellpower added to all targets damage surrounding the main-target
    -24.495% with shamanism

Affected by:
    -Booming Echoes: Deals an additional 10/20% on the main-target
    -Eye of the Storm: 23/46/70% reduced interrupt
    -Convection: Reduced mana cost by 2/4/6/8/10%
    -Concussion: Increases damage by 1/2/3/4/5%
    -Elemental Reach: Increased range by 3/6 yards
    -Elemental precision: increases hit by 1/2/3%, reduces threat by 10/20/30%
    -Shamanism: Gains an additional 15% of your bonus damage effects.

So... you like?
    of course i like.

but i suggest renaming it 'super-crazy-awesome-frostshock-nuclear-winter

hyphens for teh winzorz
    Knowledge is a blue item. Rare. You've gotta work for it.

I still wonder what is wrong with shamans, i have seen shammies excel in every spec, so i have to wonder what needs to be fixed.
    Ive only been playing a shaman for 6 months and only did it coz at the time my guild needed one i chose to go elemental as my previous character had been a hunter and ive always liked ranged. Although Im not as knowledgable as the rest of you Im learning and happy to say im finally getting there but playing through raids and such I have come to see what all shammys have incommon and share the beliefs of the scaling issue and there is one so regardless of quotes like the above one there is an issue that needs resolved here and I just hope it comes before its too late.

I have enjoyed learning my shaman so much as I was so sceptical at the beginning lets just hope that Blizzard really do take this matter serious for the future.

The main problem with totems is that there are effectively two kinds ; aura totems and active totems. the active totems are fine in terms of being a gameplay concept that feels unique to the class (not saying they don't themselves need changes).

its the aura totems that are ridiculous, clunky, and poorly thought out. even with the totem bar its just stupid to constantly have to re apply your buffs in a way no other class does. not to mention they overwrite or will be overwritten by the active totems.

the simple solution to this particular problem would be to keep the totem bar for the aura totems, and use to to select the aura type totem you wish to turn on for say 10 min +/- (doesn't really matter). these should be called something else, maybe fetishes or wards, whatever i dont care. the only totems that should be physically laid on the ground are the active type totems, i.e earthbind.

some reworking would need to done to make sure there a more than one active totem you actually use per element to make sure there's some decision making as to which you would lay down. tremor and cleansing should probably be made into a short duration (30 sec?) active totem because they would be far too powerful as a simple aura you could run a round with and not have destroyed by an enemy.

all totems should also have a decent percentage of the shamans health, enough to not be one shotted by a wand or single auto attack.

if this has all been said somewhere else i apologize, i don't read everything that gets posted

I haven't PvPed on my sham since he was a 39 enh twink so know jack shit about ele pvp other than its godawful. I was wondering, would it really make us too overpowered to remove shock cooldown linkage and make lavaburst a instant cast? it would give us actual mobility. not trying to troll i just want to hear a more educated opinion

that doesnt solve scaling. instant LvB is the same as 1sec LvB. instants have worse scaling that LvB has now.

and shock cd linkage isnt useful either. windshear is off and you dont use any other shocks that FS.
    sure...in pvp some frostshocks.
    wouldnt help a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

maybe LvB should have a damage increase instead of auto-crit from flame shock. in order to avoid pvp imba (as if that could happen to shammy) make it an effect similar to flame shock itself, some extra dmg up front, some as a new dot.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by op3l
    No... he's saying DKs are just another enhancement shaman, but with no heroism. Therefore... worse.
    haha, I remember our saying during WotLk beta.. DK's are everything an Enhance shaman should be, but better.

I suppose I'm just happy to be ok in PvE as Enhance.. I love my class to death and it's sad that Blizzard hasn't shown any interest in helping us in PvP for 3 years. lol that's YEARS. But apparently a few months of windfury one-shots in Vanilla means we deserve this treatment.

I'm sorry for being so uh.. gloomy, but it's best that we stay under the radar. This expansion I've been more than happy to see little Shaman changes because I know when Blizz looks at us we only get worse.

Although our Spell Icon artwork is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    As it stands now, Shaman of all specs have long endured the horrible scaling, lack of survivability, lack of pvp-utility and even lack of proper itemization.
    If Blizzard works things out, and we get things cleared up and set up properly we would be on par with our other hybrid classes. I see 4.0 as a huge oppertunity to clear out the clutter and reset our shamans into the glorious class as we are.
    That is one big "IF" which translates to one big "NO".

Freeze It Now, Eat It Later