Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Tactics for Twin Valkyrs

Quote Originally Posted by Megatwan
    O.o how? lol

maybe its because i didnt really study the fight and we downed it based on a lose undestanding and forehead keyboard smashing, but...

I thought you needed the opposite color aura of the boss to take and deal damage to it? if so how does 1 tank build threat on the other boss when he can onyl have 1 aura etc? or is that incorrect
    Basically, the damage in 10m was so small for not switching colors we could heal through vortex, etc., with no probs. Therefore we ran 1 tank tanking both twins and everyone attuned to a color. Healers attune to opposite color and try to grab up those color pacman balls and keep em from the raid. It worked fine albeit before hotfix changes to the fight. So, my question was has anyone done 1tank on 25m as the damage is much more substantial? Or maybe since hotfix dealt with some 10m issues specifically maybe that is how we were able to do it in 10m and now it is not feasible there as well?

Anyone with something actual helpful besides accusing people of epeen pleasures and whatnot? Thanks.

Re: Tactics for Twin Valkyrs

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    I'm honestly rather disappointed with this fight, and the difficulty of ToC in general. Blah blah hardmode will be more difficult qq more please blah blah... but really, nearly every Ulduar keeper(non hard mode, even) was much harder than this shit before they nerfed the hell out of some of the fights.
    Those Ulduar keepers were also on heroic difficulty in the 25 player mode even if you weren't doing hard modes. Remember that the current TOC 25 player raid is actually still only on normal difficulty since you can't unlock heroic difficulty till you defeat Anub'arak normal difficulty.

I think it's dumb that you get better / equal loot from the normal difficulty 25 player TOC than you do from Algalon and Ulduar 25 player hard modes though.... i'm all for making it easier to gear up and stuff but it gets a bit silly when what was a very challenging encounter like alone in the darkness gives worse gear than you get from TOC 25 bosses that most average guilds can 1 shot (even on alts).