Thread: Guild Leveling

Guild Leveling

Does anyone know how this is going to work and any plans they have on it?

Re: Guild Leveling

From the first page.

Guild Leveling
    Guild experience is earned through multiple ways, players leveling, killing bosses, leveling professions, PvP victories, reputations.
    Each guild level rewards you with one talent point, these talents affect the whole guild. The top 20 earners of the guild will contribute to the guild experience for the day.
    Some of the guild talents will allow you to remove reagent costs from spell, get increased gold drops, summon your entire raid, rez your entire raid after a wipe, automatically transfer a % of gold dropped by bosses to the guild bank. Guild talents can be reset.
    Once your guild reached level 20, the guild experience becomes a currency and let you buy things like mounts, professions plans, banners, potions, rare reagents and guild talent respecs.
    Anyone can learn a guild profession recipe, if you leave the guild after learning it you will loose the recipe and it will be transferred back to the guild bank. Guild heirlooms also work the same way and are bound to the guild.

Deleted

Guild leveling

I know there have been a few posts about this topic but I could not find them, so heres a new one.

Could someone explain to me exactly how guild leveling is working, e.g. how many XP per week can be obtained, how many XP can a single person contribute and if there are any cons for small guilds against guilds with countless members.

We're in the process of reconsidering our options come Cataclysm and aren't quite sure if we should just join a big guild for profit or try to build up our own small guild.

Help appreciated!

<moderator edit: this user DID NOT necro this thread it is the result of a thread merge. >
    Last edited by mmoca7472cd2b9; 2010-11-25 at 01:38 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not absolutely sure how guild lvling will work exactly, but my understanding the more members you have the better.
    We are recruiting every single player noob or expert, lvl 1 or 80, 'cause I think no matter what lvl you are, you will be able to contribute to the guild one way or another. Either achievements, exp or gold ... all good as long as players are active and try to group up as a guild every chance they get.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a daily cap on the guild xp you can earn, so the difference in guild leveling speed between an active 300 man guild and an active 30 man guild will probably be trivial.

If you've got around 10 players, and you're happy to stay like that then I think you'll be fine. Guild leveling will probably be a little bit slower, but all the more fun to hit level 25! Good luck!

Deleted
    A lot has changed, but for some reason a lot is still unclear also, at least for me. Any beta guildmasters out there that have some nice input for us?

Will a raiding guild be instant lvl 7 or 8 for instance due to past achievements? Is it a matter of starting at zero all together? etc. etc.

Deleted
    Hmmm I posted this reply to a much older thread too, sorry :-)

A lot has changed from the earlier plans, but for some reason a lot is still unclear also, at least for me. Any beta guildmasters out there that have some nice input for us?

Will a raiding guild be instant lvl 7 or 8 for instance due to past achievements? Is it a matter of starting at zero all together? etc. etc.

The latter would mean you'd have to go back to the Outlands to get 20 man (cause you need 20 from 1 guild for the ach) together for old 25 man raids right? That would strike me as weird, especially if you're a 10 man guild. I have tons of questions but I have no idea if the answers are out there. Anyone?

Yay for reviving a year old topic!!!!!!!!!

Only Legendaries and reputations are retroactive (although for rep, you need to reach revered for it to count)

Need to go back and clear shit in guild groups for it to count.

Quote Originally Posted by Altam View Post
    The latter would mean you'd have to go back to the Outlands to get 20 man (cause you need 20 from 1 guild for the ach) together for old 25 man raids right? That would strike me as weird, especially if you're a 10 man guild. I have tons of questions but I have no idea if the answers are out there. Anyone?
    Bc/pre-bc 40/25 mans are counted as 10 mans (meaning you need atleast 8/10 people). When your in a group you get a "warning" on your minimap, so always check that before spending time on something.

Deleted
    All guild achievements start fresh on day one of Cataclysm. No previous efforts count. APART FROM reputation achievements and legendary items. They count as soon as the member with the rep or the legendary hits honored with the guild.

Ps. I merged the threads. Do not necro old threads again please.

Deleted
    Aaah well that is more then I hoped to learn, thanks guys :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    Ps. I merged the threads. Do not necro old threads again please.
    Sorry :S replying to just this one was ok though I hope? Edit: since it's only 10 days old I mean. Gonna read the rules again thx again.
    Last edited by mmoc1fedf25cb9; 2010-11-25 at 02:02 PM.