Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Tank in dps gear?

So here is my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Apocalypses kitty is currently my main spec and always working gearing that. But recently I've noticed a huge shortage of tanks and it sucks waiting 30 min in LFG for a tank to run heroics.

I guess my question is would I be able to tank in my dps gear? Or would I have a hard time holding threat and be a healers nightmare lol. I don't want to go changing around a ton of enchants or gems being that I need to stay dps for raids. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Tank in dps gear?

I use a fair bit of dps gear in my sets when tanking. It depends whether you prefer stam stacking to agi/dodge stacking. I prefer the latter so i gem/look for less tanky stats in favour of "rogue" leather.

I main tank for my guilds 25 man raids.

So I have access to top end feral dps kitty gear. I tank heroics in my kitty dps gear (tank spec) because I don't gen enough rage.

You can tank in kitty dps gear just fine. Just remember that higher level gear = more armor and such. You can tank heroics and even naxx 10 man gear with full dps gear (tank spec) without any problems.

Tanking in cat form gear is perfectly fine - most of the stats you need will be on cat form gear anyway (armor from ilvl, agility for dodge, AP for SD + threat). The same isn't true of tanking in cat form spec though as PotP and Thick Hide are pretty important for tanks IMO, and to a lesser extent Infected wounds as well, all of which are absent from a cat spec. Not really relevant though as you've gone feral (cat) / feral (tank) for dual spec

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Thanks for all the reply's. I went ahead and made off spec tank. I guess I was just worried about having low hp. I picked up a new chest out of 25 man toc tonight so that should help stacking stamina. Thanks again all.