Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4 Tier 8 finally getting nerfed -.-

Druid Tier-8 Healer 4-Piece Set Bonus: The amount of healing this set bonus grants on the initial cast of Rejuvenation has been reduced by 50%. In addition, this set bonus no longer has strange interactions with Harold’s Rejuvenating Broach.

So about 600-700 initial heal ... Just a nerf or is it to make T9 more attractive?

I'd secretly hoped to get the bonus in a talent (like holy priests get) or in a glyph.

Re: 4 Tier 8 finally getting nerfed -.-

Yeah, it really sucks... Super sadface.

Signature by Shyama!

Quote Originally Posted by kaylon
    Just a nerf or is it to make T9 more attractive?
    A bit of both I suspect. 4T8 is rather OP I reckon, and it's making people question whether they even want to get 4T9 - you really shouldn't be choosing set bonuses over major stat upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

The bonus was overpowered indeed, set bonus should give around a 5% increase for dps and I reckon the same for healing. This bonus was better by FAR.

Still *raises finger at blizz* will have ilevel 245 4 set anyway, so blow me.

Pretty lame tbh, I was working to keep my 4 set buffed it gives me an initial heal of over 2k, now its pretty worthless since I prehot usually anyway... 1k instant heal isnt worth it

I've had my 4x for just over a week and they go and nerf it.... I'm clearly OP

haha

On the serious side... goddam u bliz >

Well at least jumping into T9 will be less hurtful.

This is the way Blizzard has always worked. Instead of making the T9 bonuses more interesting they choose to destroy T8's.

So druids get nerfed again on the resto side.
    our T8 is "OP" coz we have a full tier that gives the talented http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=63543 effect...nice.

For the record T9 four tier set bonus is a complete idiocy. HoTs are not DoTs so this new "can crit" thing is unreliable at best.
    And with most druids gemming and gathering haste at thecost of crit - our "crit rating" is a total lol, i myself have a laughable 11.05% or something.

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    So druids get nerfed again on the resto side.
    our T8 is "OP" coz we have a full tier that gives the talented http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=63543 effect...nice.

For the record T9 four tier set bonus is a complete idiocy. HoTs are not DoTs so this new "can crit" thing is unreliable at best.
    And with most druids gemming and gathering haste at thecost of crit - our "crit rating" is a total lol, i myself have a laughable 11.05% or something.

Set bonus much better then talent is not ok.
    You complain about low crit rating? Change gear and/or regem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest
    You complain about low crit rating? Change gear and/or regem.
    explain how you would do that at the cost of haste?
    i currently run with 359 haste and would struggle to get any more than 15% crit at any time, and gemming for crit is a waste

Quote Originally Posted by plasm
    i currently run with 359 haste and would struggle to get any more than 15% crit at any time, and gemming for crit is a waste
    With improving gear? ... If I can get 17% crit and 535 haste now then with T9 in the mix it shouldn't be a problem... but part of this game is learning to balance and adjust your stats - if you can't fathom that then ... ???

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest
    LOL?
    so his 3 point talent should > my hard worked T8 ? ( yeah i got in before welfare failure that is now )
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

LOL?
    so his 3 point talent should > my hard worked T8?
    this.

Deleted

LOL?
    so his 3 point talent should > my hard worked T8 ? ( yeah i got in before welfare failure that is now )
    LOL?
    you are just comparing 2 different healing classes that use a different way of healing as well and even go that far to compare a setbonus(which is meant to be just a little something) with a fully powered talent that makes renew useful to another class that only has this one hot?

please, use your brain (or equally working logical unit) before posting ...

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator
    LOL?
    you are just comparing 2 different healing classes that use a different way of healing as well and even go that far to compare a setbonus(which is meant to be just a little something) with a fully powered talent that makes renew useful to another class that only has this one hot?

please, use your brain (or equally working logical unit) before posting ...
    Reading comprehension ftl... who said anything about two different classes? He said a set bonus should be more powerful than a few talent points, which is correct. (and by the way, this is the druid forum :P)

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.

/sadface

WTB T9 set bonus were WG can crit instead of Rej.

now thats actually useful Rej Critting= more for tank rly, and it depends a lot on what encounter we're doing for it to be useful for raid healing.

Besides Good resto druids stack haste, crit is a worse stat than stamina for us atm.

most of us probbly has like 16%-20% crit chance in raids(fully buffed), hmm 20% for a rej tick to crit, useless.

20% for WG to crit, amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Habit
    Reading comprehension ftl... who said anything about two different classes? He said a set bonus should be more powerful than a few talent points, which is correct. (and by the way, this is the druid forum :P)
    It's hard to bring up both druids and Renew without saying anything about two different classes, don't you think? And whether a set bonus should be more or less powerful than a talent depends entirely on the talent; how central it is to a spec, its position in a tree, etc. The ToL talent does an awful lot for one talent point, even without counting the actual Tree of Life form. Empowered Renew is in tier 9 of the Holy tree, and should be compared to other t9 talents like Improved Tree of Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X
    most of us probbly has like 16%-20% crit chance in raids(fully buffed), hmm 20% for a rej tick to crit, useless.
    That's 8-10% more healing done by your most used healing spell. How is that useless?
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

15+ Year Old Account

He said a set bonus should be more powerful than a few talent points, which is correct.
    No it is not, set bonus shouldn't be something you wanna keep over new tier of gear because of bonus. It was stated many times by blues that bonus should be something extra but not extra powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by plasm
    It is about gear choices. I don't ask you how to keep 400mp/5 while maintaining 2200 healing. If you QQ about lack of crit, regem, change trinkets, rings, it is your character after all and it is up to you how will stats look like (to some extent)

LOL?
    All tier gear is no longer something you have to hard work for (since launch of Wotlk) because you can easily pug VoA and even Uld 25 (including Yogg, been there done that)

What is something you have to work hard for is hard modes gear which is not tiered (yet)

With improving gear? ... If I can get 17% crit and 535 haste now then with T9 in the mix it shouldn't be a problem... but part of this game is learning to balance and adjust your stats - if you can't fathom that then ... ???
    improving gear is different to changing gear, even switching in T9 gear is sufficient to the purpose I require.
    the point was (which the orginal post has now been removed :-/) that 30% crit was optimal for using the T9 2 set bonus instead of the T8 4 set. (even after the nerf)
    having 15% and yourself having 16% is far under this and my question aimed at sellest is how to improve my crit by approx 10% through current gear and gemming which is huge amount and would lower other stats at an expense that is not worth it.

The T9 4 set bonus in my opinion is worse than the 2 set, the chance of a RJ ticking more than 2x (4sec) on a person to give it a good chance of critting is very low since they will have been topped already either by swiftmend/WG or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X
    /sadface

WTB T9 set bonus were WG can crit instead of Rej.

now thats actually useful Rej Critting= more for tank rly, and it depends a lot on what encounter we're doing for it to be useful for raid healing.

Besides Good resto druids stack haste, crit is a worse stat than stamina for us atm.

20% for WG to crit, amazing!!
    agreed, that would be a much better 4 set than RJ