Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Intelligent Focus Discussion

if i remember the post right did they also not mention something about haste increasing your focus regen?

yep i just found the orignial blue post
    Hunter's new ammos might drop from bosses or bought with emblems, nothing is decided for the moment

Hunter's mana is GONE!!!
    Hunters now use focus, no longer care about intellect or mana regen.
    Focus regenerates contunously, Steady shot improves the rate of getting focus bag.
    Rogue energy comes back at a 10 / sec rate, Hunter focus comes back at 6/sec (12/sec with steady shot)
    A shot costs 30 to 60 focus.
    Hunters will have fewer cooldowns on abilities
    Ammos will become an item, not a consumable.

Attack Power: We're removing Attack Power from items as well. Instead, we're allowing Agility to provide the necessary Attack Power for leather and mail wearers. Strength will provide the appropriate amount of Attack Power for plate wearers. This means leather and mail items will no longer be desirable for plate wearers.

Armor Penetration: This ability is too confusing and "mathy." It is being replaced with Mastery, a stat that makes you better at what you do. More on that later!

Armor Penetration is removed from the gear but not from the game. There are plans to reintroduce it in another way to allow players to kill plate wearers. (Armor Penetration talents, etc ...)

Haste: Will also increase the rate at which you gain energy, runes, and focus. Retribution paladins and Enhancement shaman will have a talent that allows them to take advantage of this benefit.

In Patch 3.3, pets will scale of all of your stats and allow buffs from raid encounters to affect them.
    In Patch 3.3, there will be changes to make sure that pets can't be hit by AOEs from bosses but others (PvP) will be able to affect them.
    Pets classes might get a "move to this location" command for their pet, long cooldown abilities that let your pet teleport to you to get out of trouble. This would be good feature since developers can't make pet AI as smart as a player.

Hunters might be able to choose the talent tree of their pet to let them pick the pet that looks best to them. Zhevra is a possibility for Cataclysm
    this is the money line for hunters
    Haste: Will also increase the rate at which you gain energy, runes, and focus. so the more haste you have the faster you will Regen focus

Re: Intelligent Focus Discussion

@aj_
    I hadn't thought of that possibility. It would be interesting, although they may be worried that a Hunter could (for a period of time) do max dps while moving. Depends on how many shots you can fire before having to refill. But that's an engaging thought.

@DaruneAlbane
    Well, I want to see how much regen Haste provides before I go counting on it. Right now it takes a pretty sizable amount of haste to become noticeable, except when calculated over the course of minutes. I would think they'd want active regen to outstrip passive regen, given the numbers they originally gave us; however Haste could conceivably affect Steady Shot regen as well, which would invalidate that concern.