Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: flame leviathan and malygos: pugs on my server fail every time...

Go to a real server.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

So you've tanked easy raids using welfare gear (armory seems to be down but judging from other comments it looks like you're in totc gear), you don't understand the basics of raid guilds (lol raiding 6 days a week - some of the world's best guilds, like Fusion, do 3-4 days a week), and you think it's too much trouble to get a mic for vent... and you think this justifies your bitching about fail pugs?

Maybe you should get a mic. That might help you a bit.

10+ Year Old Account

If your groups fails on those easy bosses, change server, not harder then that.

My Armory
    TBH, I really like cookies.

There's no such thing as a PUG raid on Vashj.

/thread

As someone who has raid led I really fail to see how so many people find it hard with these sort of pugs.

Ok so I'm in a reasonably good raiding guild, but I lead a pug once a week which has started ulduar25. So far we've cleared to Mimiron without any wipes and will probably at least get up to yog tomorrow. I may have a pool of people who are decent players on alts to call on but thats half of the challenge in any case.

The key thing is personal responsibility, its all very well saying everyone fails but what did you do about it? If you set up your own raids you pick who comes and if they dont understand you help them or find someone else. I generally do this with comedy shouting on vent but you get the idea. i really don't understand how you fail on FL though - malygos I've struggled to carry people through before (especially the 1.5k dps superstars) but FL is easy - I'd say make sure you get 4 decent people and have them in demos - get one reliable person in a siege and then bully the demo passengers into being pyrite bitches - shoot a lot down at the start then profit. its all about organisation and experience.

FL is ok with pugs, maly is indeed most of the time i want the achievement pug groups
    Or i got 20 minutes before my mom calls me to sleep.

If you pug maly, don't ask for achievement, do an armory checkup, statistics, gear, spec etc takes a little bit more time to form a group but it helps a lot!

Only thing is most players who know how to do it aren't interested in malygos anymore could be you're main problem atm

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice

let me just say this, you are idd one of that players that started playing at WotlK and let me add just 1 more thing, pala tank takes no skill m8, so...you were carried and when i say you didnt gear up, its cuze theres no efford on your gear, stuff from totc its free epics.
    ... i wish there was an ignore function on these forums, like on the official ones.

i started playing in june 2008, about 6 weeks before the 2.4.3 patch. WotLK arrived on 13 november 2008. also, i was not carried, i carried other players. i carried DPS that did less than 700 DPS with the spark buff on malygos. i carried healers that died from standing in the fire. just yesterday, i had to tank ALL the mobs from dead side (i was on live side) because dead side wiped due to that mounted pat after gothik. i 2manned several heroic bosses with either a healer or a DPS as the only other one left alive, including xevozz (ethereal in VH), zuramat the obliterator and krystallus.

i have done TotC10 on normal, the first 2 bosses only, yesterday, as MT. again, i carried a shadowpriest doing less than 2K DPS. we wiped once on each boss, because people stood in the fire (again, i can't change anything about that). champs were too hard, our CC'rs did not keep the CC up long enough.

what do i need to do to prove that i have not yet been carried in WotLK? let me tell you this, in my opinion, there are very few bosses where you can carry the OT. KT25 is NOT one of them, especially when the OT did not die from the adds on the kill.