Thread: Mages in 4.0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Mages in 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Malpractise
    If you are gonna make statements like that, and try and pass them off as hard facts, you really should provide a source.

And the fact that they have been working on it since wrath launched means nothing. Its a little more complex than adding a few lines of code here and there.
    You want hard facts?

Blizzard did say (i watched the stream) that they intended to take away the farm aspect of ICC by making Cataclysm appear early after 3.3 and att the stream only box a blizzard representative said that we can expect Cataclysm early 2010.. hard enough facts?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorial
    You want hard facts?

Blizzard did say (i watched the stream) that they intended to take away the farm aspect of ICC by making Cataclysm appear early after 3.3 and att the stream only box a blizzard representative said that we can expect Cataclysm early 2010.. hard enough facts?
    Zorial thank you for winning this thread, you earn a cookie ;D

maybe now we can get back on topic and talk about what mages might expect in 4.0 or what the mage community would like as an improvement for their spec and etc

It was merely a joke, in all honesty..

Quote Originally Posted by Zorial
    You want hard facts?

Which stream was that? I've still got them all, I'd want to watch it!

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    As Cataclysm is at least a year away if not more, I think the question is rather pointless. We know nothing about the changes they have in store for mages. At the Q&A portion of the class panel, somebody asked if Blizzard plans on shoring up frost and arcane more, and they said they'd like to for Cataclysm, but nothing else has been said really.
    He wasn't saying.
    "Be correct about mage changes for cataclysm"
    he was just asking what you think.

Id be surpirsed if Cataclysm came before June 2010.

If we get anything in Feb 2010 it will be a beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Which stream was that? I've still got them all, I'd want to watch it!
    Just after the opening ceremony ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon
    there is absolutely no way Cataclysm will be a year away. it's a few months at most, blizzard have been working on it since Wrath started they are gonna start the Beta for it soon as 3.3 goes live.
    Considering....Wrath of the lich king was announced in bc when Most of the wow community was still in karazhan...

I just hope they dont destroy fire while making arcane more of a good choice for pve. I picture every mage will be arcane pve wise in cata.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Hello ?! this is not a thread for when cataclysm will be lauched , read THE TITLE , is MAGES in 4.0 .. hellooooooo ?!?!?!?

there is absolutely no way Cataclysm will be a year away. it's a few months at most, blizzard have been working on it since Wrath started they are gonna start the Beta for it soon as 3.3 goes live.
    cataclysm will be NO EARLIER then May. febury is just obsurd

we will likely see 3.2.2 in november then 3.3 in december or january, then atleast 5 ~ months on 3.3 content, the only thing we know for sure is cataclysm is planned to be out before next blizzcon, Febuary is just plain dumb.

ok. well all of you can play Wrath for another 10 months and i'll play Cataclysm in February
    You're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldiur
    You're an idiot.
    I think he just wants Icecrown to be even easier and shorter than TotC is, or he's just someone that doesn't care about clearing the content :>

Quote Originally Posted by adibandi
    Hello ?! this is not a thread for when cataclysm will be lauched , read THE TITLE , is MAGES in 4.0 .. hellooooooo ?!?!?!?
    Same thing?

blizzard have said on many occasions that they want content coming out faster, aslo that their new expansions might be smaller, with more regular content coming out. it's highly possible we're looking at cataclysm early in 2010, giving you 5+months in icc would be a major negative from blizzards point of view.

I think mages will finally be competitive DPS on par and perhaps even above other pures and frost will finally also be a viable PVE spec.

Alas, someone will hear a story from a friend, who knows a guy, who had a guildmate who played in a lvl 85 BG while he was lvl 81 and was killed by a mage while he was afk and will cry about our OPness and than mages will be nerfed by about 20% so they are just about the tanks in DPS. Than we will wait and hope for changes and the release of 5.0.

fire: i want to drop a fucking meteor on my opponents. pure destruction from above. maybe 3 sec channel. effect increases by 50% per second and drops as soon as the channel ends/is being interrupted. has an AoE, of course. knockdown + stun for maybe 2 seconds. should have a cooldown of at least 30 seconds.

frost: that frost spike thingy that's being cast by mobs. launching enemies into the air should be fun and fits the frost tree's control theme.

arcane: 3 second shield that reflects ALL spells and attacks (including heals and buffs). large CD.

arcane and fire = raiding specs
    frost = pvp spec

blink fixed
    ice block off the GCD
    evocation revamped

but, no... we'll get a new rank of food and that's it.

^^^^ i'd roll mage if those were put into the game
    If the Burning Legion is such a problem, why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    What is wrong with having a character show up again? Some people are so dumb and will hate on anything blizzard does. Seriously, if you hate it so much that you cant see straight when they show a character a 2nd time, then you should just quit. Also, never read a book. Ever. You will be mad.

Arcane Shield - Increases Spell Haste by 5%, but all spells cost 5% more to cast (Good for short fights / farming / 5 man bosses)

Improved Amp / Dampen Magic - make it a raid / group buff (q.o.l improvement...nothing more ;p)

Arcane Elemental - Just like water elemental, does some little attack, maybe spams AE and gives you a slight INT buff while he's out.

Fire Elemental - Same...does an Imp-like firebolt and can do a targeted Flamestrike, increases your crit% while active.

Supernova - HUGE damage dealing self range AoE that is arcane/fire based...stuns you and every enemy target within 20yds, you take 25% of your total health in damage...stun lasts for 5 seconds, damage taken may cancel this effect.

I know the elemental ideas scream "zomg homogenization"....but what isn't these days ;p

Quote Originally Posted by yak
    but, no... we'll get a new rank of food and that's it.
    lmao, sadly this will robably be the case.

How about trapezoid of cold?
    Quote from: JonTargaryen on October 10, 2009, 09:16:46 pm
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.