Warhammer Question

So I've been playing WoW since April 06' and gettin a little bored even with the new expansion coming out.

Ive played WAR before, in January and I had a crappy comp so I didnt like it, plus I had no friends play with me. Im DLing it now and I want to get peoples opinion on it compared to WoW and if you can help me in any way (Im a noob at WAR ^_^) Thanks!

Re: Warhammer Question

give it a rest dude... warhammer sucks and there are berely any people on servers

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbyecruelwow
    give it a rest dude... warhammer sucks and there are berely any people on servers
    Wow, that user name related to the post is also as epic as when the guy named Sarcasm posts using sarcasm.

it really is dead and GMs dont care for nothing , heck even BGs took 3 hours till you get in one

was questing and waiting for GM to tell me why i didnt enter any BG (scenario) for 3 hours and fainly i got bored and played wow

that was back in March or so , when i decided to get back to WAR after dumbing it in December

it was fun the first month it was out , then woltk ruined the heck out of it

Unfortunetly it is what it is. I played WAR from about January of this year until Junish. It was fun and different at first but flaws rise to the surface so quickly in the game. I dont know, maybe Land of the Dead was able to change some things around for the game. They do seem to be constatnly releasing more content for the game which is a good thing, though basic balancing issues that have plagued the game ever since patch 1.2 have yet to be fixed.

If you do decide to go back, and we can all understand how one can get burnt out on WOW, do yourself three favors.

1. Get yourself a comp that can run the game smoothly. Nothing is worse than the dibiliatating lag that occurse in keep and city sieges.

2. Pick a good server. That doesn't mean pick one that has a high player pop necessarily. I played on a couple low pop servers that had a good community and things worked well.

3. AND THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!! Dont go on the forums and brouse all the negative threads. Nothing turns a player off a game that they might have liked normally had they not ready 1,000 different opinions saying how aweful it was.

I dont know who said it but im gonna quote it. "Judging the quality of a game by the satisfaction of the players on the user forums is like judging the health of a country by the people in its hospitals."

If you go, good luck, if you stay, happy hunting.
    If there is one thing I have learned from the internets, its that you could have a perfect idea to end world hunger, creat world peace, and give everyone a sixpack overnight and people would still call stupid if you presented it on public forums.

For what it's worth, here is my mini-review:

I was a beta tester for it, started about 6 months pre-launch (so closed beta, even before the "preorder and get into beta!" people) and went to the launch date.

I had the game for one month and quit. It was buggy, slow, and a lot of what the beta testing groups had reported (between bugs and general problems/experiences) was flat out ignored or in some cases we were told "oh just qq some more" by the dev's.

Jump forward 6 months. Warhammer did it's "waaah come back we are better" promotion. So I figured why not. I spent the $15 bucks for a warhammer card at Target, redownloaded the client... servers were dead. There is no official forums that I could find, only fansites, and if you think the trolling is here sometimes there... it's completely 100% worse.

Specifics:
    - Lack of a community of any sort
    - Lack of players, which is really hurtful since most rewards are from Public Quests where you need more people
    - RvR is a joke if you can't find the people
    - Most players are now Tier 3-4 - which is a problem when you are levelling and need help in tier 1-2
    - Without the people to play with, the game is grindier then wow ever was or will be.

Overall, the group I beta'd with was great. We saw great potential in the game, had a strategy for helping out the community, etc. But they took the game in the wrong direction, and ruined what could have been a WoW killer. (Yes, I truly believe it COULD have been had they done some things differently - but like i said they ignored the beta testers and the suggestions).

edit: To Coh

What server did you try? I tried several there (basing off of the forum threads and talkign to various people) and while guilds / communities for Tier 4 existed, it was really hard to find something for lower people (which was suprising, considering i was under the impression that to take the opponent city you had to control all tiers of certain zones)
    Pax Aeterna - Area 52

I quit back in november. The sync and lag issues making pvp impossible. Great base game with awesome ideas, but no real end game character advancement besides pvp. They screwed up the formula by not equaling pvp with pve.

Since I got bored of wow and tried more mmo's heres what i found

Warhammer

It had some nice original aspects, the coolest one being that in pvp you can actually capture teritories and eventually go for the enemies capital and capture that as well and loot it.

The bad.
    -Very glitchy
    -Some things just doesn't feel right...animation is ...just simply off sometimes and the game itself is very grindy.

Lord of the rings of line

What can i say its a wow rip off. If you play it you will not realise the difference between that game in wow.
    How ever

-The comunity is insanely friendly and helpfull.
    -raids are just 12 mans, they don't have anything biger but the raids in mines of moria are epic
    -Because its lord of the rings you won't see spectacular effects and spells, most abilities are like shoot two arrows, plant a trap , shoot arrows faster etc.
    -There is no PvP since its lotr it would be weird to see elves killing dwarves. There is monsterplay how ever wich is basicly you can make a max lvl character off the bat and you can fight other max lvl players
    -The game has actually a "main quest line" wich you can follow.

Imo its better then wotlk but not as good as tbc.

Age of conan.

This game started off bad but they fixed it as time went buy. Heres some things about it

-Very original combat wich is actually quite fun. Youll never get bored of grinding in this game
    -Mature game adding decapitations and gory effects, also makes sure you dont have to play with underaged players
    -Some quests actually have voices related to them as the quest giver talks to you. It causes a more imersive feeling.
    -no clue about the end game but i hear its good.
    Id say this game is better then lord of the rings for originality.

Guildwars
    -Its loads of fun the first time you play it can even be played entirly as single player
    -Its very original and doesnt require a subscription to play
    -Extremly boring once finished how ever :s

Quote Originally Posted by veemon_ro
    Since I got bored of wow and tried more mmo's heres what i found

Warhammer

It had some nice original aspects, the coolest one being that in pvp you can actually capture teritories and eventually go for the enemies capital and capture that as well and loot it.

The bad.
    -Very glitchy
    -Some things just doesn't feel right...animation is ...just simply off sometimes and the game itself is very grindy.

Lord of the rings of line

What can i say its a wow rip off. If you play it you will not realise the difference between that game in wow.
    How ever

-The comunity is insanely friendly and helpfull.
    -raids are just 12 mans, they don't have anything biger but the raids in mines of moria are epic
    -Because its lord of the rings you won't see spectacular effects and spells, most abilities are like shoot two arrows, plant a trap , shoot arrows faster etc.
    -There is no PvP since its lotr it would be weird to see elves killing dwarves. There is monsterplay how ever wich is basicly you can make a max lvl character off the bat and you can fight other max lvl players
    -The game has actually a "main quest line" wich you can follow.

Imo its better then wotlk but not as good as tbc.

Age of conan.

This game started off bad but they fixed it as time went buy. Heres some things about it

-Very original combat wich is actually quite fun. Youll never get bored of grinding in this game
    -Mature game adding decapitations and gory effects, also makes sure you dont have to play with underaged players
    -Some quests actually have voices related to them as the quest giver talks to you. It causes a more imersive feeling.
    -no clue about the end game but i hear its good.
    Id say this game is better then lord of the rings for originality.

Guildwars
    -Its loads of fun the first time you play it can even be played entirly as single player
    -Its very original and doesnt require a subscription to play
    -Extremly boring once finished how ever :s

Interesting. I really like LOTRO. I love it in fact. I think in some ways it is better then WoW. I'm tempted to try AOC since I heard they fixed a lot of the problems.