Discord or radiance?

First i am using the new imba SoV libram, but i cant use that on all bosses cus i dont use SoV on all encounters.

So the question is what libram will put out best numbers? ~200 dmg on Divine Storm every 10 sec or ~100 dmg on Cs every 4sec? what will be best for my dps?

Re: Discord or radiance?

Radiance: 100dmg per 4sec 100/4 = 25 dps

Discord: 200dmg per 10sec 200/10= 20 dps

Hope that answers your question

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlox
    Radiance: 100dmg per 4sec 100/4 = 25 dps

Discord: 200dmg per 10sec 200/10= 20 dps

Hope that answers your question
    Libram of radiance is better for single target fights. Libram of discord is better for more than 1 target fights because divine storm is an AoE, therefore if it hits more than 1 target, it would be better than radiance, at least that's how it would be according to the dps numbers that you posted.

edit: meant to say if it hits more than 1 target, not if it hits more than 2 targets.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

If you can get an arena libram the AP on CS use is 2nd to the SoV libram if not then stick with radiance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarnor
    If you can get an arena libram the AP on CS use is 2nd to the SoV libram if not then stick with radiance.
    This is the best answer tbh. As for the DS libram, it's pretty situational.. Maybe Kologarn or bosses with lots of adds.

So you want to swap out your Libram of Valiance for those very few situations where SoV is not the best seal to use?
    Swapping librams for trash is just a waste of time and on most bosses Valiance makes SoV the only Seal that can be used ~_~

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    So you want to swap out your Libram of Valiance for those very few situations where SoV is not the best seal to use?
    Swapping librams for trash is just a waste of time and on most bosses Valiance makes SoV the only Seal that can be used ~_~
    No but on boss fights where there is alot of swaping targets and where u want some burst (yogg example) i can't use SoV, and if i use that SoV libram when im not using SoV its wont do anything.

damn you're lazy. it's one click. just one. you can even macro it to the appropriate seal if you want. swapping to SoR without swapping librams is like leaving your relic slot empty.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    damn you're lazy. it's one click. just one. you can even macro it to the appropriate seal if you want. swapping to SoR without swapping librams is like leaving your relic slot empty.
    Does that really matter?

I mean the only fight where I would consider swapping seals is Yogg's brain room and you need to switch back before you hit the brain anyway and you'd need 2 different glyphs for the brain rooms (Icecrown Divine Storm, Wyrm/SW PVP Libram).

Swapping Seals for trash is not needed if it's just for the sake of killing them half a second earlier ~_~, you're just risking to start the boss with the wrong seal.

Swapping Seals for trash is not needed if it's just for the sake of killing them half a second earlier ~_~, you're just risking to start the boss with the wrong seal.
    The only risk is if you're tunnel visioning (facerolling if you like) your way through whatever it is you're doing.

I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

15+ Year Old Account

Discord

its only for trash, the dps diference is pretty small and storm is highest on prior if more than 1 target.
    also it saves u the time of swaping
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I use valiance for the big guys and swap my libram to the arena libram when i have to face some trash mobs.
    And in fights like freya im switching all the time the seals and librams, so my dps dont drop like the sky is falling

Tonight i done more overall dmg then my other ret in my guild which has decent better gear just because of the right switch at the right time.

Delivering Justice Since 2008 - retired since April 2011

Stick to SoV and cba.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwayne
    I use valiance for the big guys and swap my libram to the arena libram when i have to face some trash mobs.
    And in fights like freya im switching all the time the seals and librams, so my dps dont drop like the sky is falling

Tonight i done more overall dmg then my other ret in my guild which has decent better gear just because of the right switch at the right time.
    I would never switch seals/librams @ freya, because of several reasons:
    -Switchings them costs 1 gcd, as you have to switch when the adds spawn you'll lose 1 swing/ability at the start
    -Seal of Righteousness damage on Divine storm is rather insignificant against 10+ lashers, but using SoV increases strength by 200 and Expertise by 10 (you'll hit those lashers from the front as well).
    -on the elemental focused dmg on the Storm- and then the Snaplasher is needed and SoV will eventually win against SoR.
    -Against the tree SoV anyway...

And still... swapping Seals for Trash in Ulduar is just a waste of time, because there are either big trash mobs (Auriaya guardians) or aoe trash of more than 10 mobs (Mimiron, XT -> 350 moar ap owns SoR) or trash with CC (Vezax/Freya -> hard to use Div Storm -> SoV wins again).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I would never switch seals/librams @ freya, because of several reasons:
    -Switchings them costs 1 gcd, as you have to switch when the adds spawn you'll lose 1 swing/ability at the start
    -Seal of Righteousness damage on Divine storm is rather insignificant against 10+ lashers, but using SoV increases strength by 200 and Expertise by 10 (you'll hit those lashers from the front as well).
    -on the elemental focused dmg on the Storm- and then the Snaplasher is needed and SoV will eventually win against SoR.
    -Against the tree SoV anyway...

And still... swapping Seals for Trash in Ulduar is just a waste of time, because there are either big trash mobs (Auriaya guardians) or aoe trash of more than 10 mobs (Mimiron, XT -> 350 moar ap owns SoR) or trash with CC (Vezax/Freya -> hard to use Div Storm -> SoV wins again).
    You allways lose one GCD when you switch the seals, i just switch the libram too. And in the case of Freya: you can allways see what is coming BEFORE the fight starts so switching will dont let you suffer a GCD.

Delivering Justice Since 2008 - retired since April 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Qwayne
    You allways lose one GCD when you switch the seals, i just switch the libram too. And in the case of Freya: you can allways see what is coming BEFORE the fight starts so switching will dont let you suffer a GCD.
    Nah - those lashers pop out of the ground and you smash them, there is no time for Seal swapping and as I explained in my post it's pretty pointless to swap seals there anyway.
    And btw. if you're doing hardmode on her you will almost certainly be late on several add spawns so there is even less time to swap seals so just stick with SoV and profit.

And i never said anything about loosing 2 gcds for switching.