Questions from a Newly 80 Holy Pally

Hi folks.

I have had a paladin Sitting in my account that was my Main in TBC, I recently leveled him through northrend, dropping my previous holy spec to level and try endgame ret.
    I hated it. Well that's not fair, I enjoyed it, but when I hit 80 I found I missed healing, over the last couple of weeks ive done the odd instance here, heroic there and one naxx25 run that did like 3 wings. and had a kind donation from the GB.
    My armory is here.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Misha&n=Korben

I'm not here to ask for Gear advice (though any you can give WOULD be welcome)
    and yes I know I am wearing a lot of mail, but it was what I could get my hands on.

I have some other questions:

1: What should I be looking to stack, Stat wise. Back in TBC Pots were not restricted and a quick over heal could regen mana, so should I stock Intel or Mp5? a lot of my reading has shown that Crit used to be a good stat for holy pallies, is it worth stacking that?

2: Gemming: what should I be gemming for to maximise my gemslots?

3: Enchants, SP or Int or Crit?

4: Glyphs. I went with what was easily available to me. what are the best ones to aim for"

5: anyone got any tips/tricks they want to share?

any other advice? would also be useful I'm really enjoying what healing I'm doing.

thanks.
    "Pain heal, Chicks Dig scars and Glory lasts for ever."

Re: Questions from a Newly 80 Holy Pally

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder
    1: What should I be looking to stack, Stat wise. Back in TBC Pots were not restricted and a quick over heal could regen mana, so should I stock Intel or Mp5? a lot of my reading has shown that Crit used to be a good stat for holy pallies, is it worth stacking that?

2: Gemming: what should I be gemming for to maximise my gemslots?

3: Enchants, SP or Int or Crit?

4: Glyphs. I went with what was easily available to me. what are the best ones to aim for"

5: anyone got any tips/tricks they want to share?
    1. Int. Then stack more int. You want to be balanced, of course -- int, sp, haste, crit, mp5 are all important. But int is where your emphasis should be.

2. Int. Then gem more int. Meta should be insightful earthsiege (which you have). Gem 1 +10 int/+5 mpg green and a +12 sp/+10 int orange for meta activation. I would suggest looking for the best available socket bonuses when you can but otherwise ignore them. You seem to have 1 green and 1 orange and the rest int, so that looks ok. For your gear, the gems are fine. No sense in putting epics in blues. Use better gems as you upgrade.

3. Int. I like to put sp on weapon cause it's a nice big chunk in one place and I stack int everywhere else. I like to enchant for sp on bracers and hands. Spec PoJ if you fill out your spec with ret talents. Tuskarr's enchant on feet if you spec into protection.

4. Holy Light, Seal of Wisdom for sure. 3rd is more debatable. Some like holy shock, some like beacon, some like flash of light. Some like divinity. Each have their pros, each have their cons. For normal raiding if you are not heavily geared, I would suggest going with divinity first. If you find you never have mana issues, swap it to beacon or holy shock or keep your flash of light. Then experiment to see what you feel you'd rather have.

5. Tips and tricks...always keep light's grace up. Always keep haste up from judging. Learn when to use DP...make a macro so you can easily cancel it so your healing is not gimped at a bad time. Get some good addons like vuhdo, forteXorcist, pally power, omen. Take the time to configure them properly, particularly the debuff warnings so you know who has what when on any given encounter.

Figure out when it is safe to judge wisdom and melee to regen mana. Helps a ton.

Gear: Run heroics til your eyes bleed. Get T8.5 hat and chest. Get runed orb crafted belt and feet. That there will cost you 332 conquest badges or roughly 83 heroics. If you run 3 a day it'll take you about 4 weeks to get the badges for all those items. If you raid and get conquest, obviously you get the gear that much more quickly, plus the drops. Simple enough.

Spec: I'd go with a 51/0/20 type of build. As you gear up, you may wish to switch things up and dip into protection talents instead.

One thing I would like to add about glyphs is that Glyph of Seal of Light is a pretty good choice. I haven't played around with paladin healing since the start of the Ulduar patch, but I do think that GoSoL is something to work around.

Also, do the heroic daily every day.

I know I'm playing captain obvious here, but I can't stress this enough, heroic daily every day will get you in the right place in a few weeks.

If you want to spam HL - SoW glyph > SoL Glyph
    Spam Fol - SoL Glyph > SoW Glyph
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Five, how do you like spec'ing into blessed hands?

I assume the main attraction is the +10% bonus to Hand of Sacrifice, although I can see the boost to Salv being interesting too.

Incase you don't know this, very useful - The new form of Beacon of Light will does count overhealing done. Beacon tank A and spamheal tank B, neither will drop for the duration of the spell. Also useful in 5 mans if you have a lot of AoE incoming or w/e, Beacon the tank and heal everyone else up to full, itll all copy on to the tank

'And you give the plague to your healers. Who are standing waiting for it. Because they love you. Love also being a kind of plague.' - Raid Leader describing the tacts for PP 25 HC.

As far as glyphs go i would recommend the beacon glyph over FoL because of the mana it saves (although this is more applicable in longer fights i.e. raids) also the glyph of divinity is largely useless because the LoH transfers through beacon so if you need mana just LoH yourself. To maximize HPS keep up SS and the FoL HoT on your beacon target while trying to avoid casting FoL on said target until the HoT needs to be refreshed; basically if the beacon target doesn't need to be healed much just spam someone else and let beacon heal them. If it seems your heals are lacking with your current gear spec 5/5 Divinity and SoL Glyph because only casting less generally saves more mana then 5% less cost and 3% more crit. I also found Dillyn and Raid Plus if you use the standard raid frames to be useful for tracking SS and Beacon http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/dillyn.aspx and http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...draidplus.aspx.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangostuff
    One thing I would like to add about glyphs is that Glyph of Seal of Light is a pretty good choice. I haven't played around with paladin healing since the start of the Ulduar patch, but I do think that GoSoL is something to work around.

Also, do the heroic daily every day.

I know I'm playing captain obvious here, but I can't stress this enough, heroic daily every day will get you in the right place in a few weeks.
    Never. Seal of Wisdom give you insame ammount of mana, while Seal of Light will only give you a minor healing improviment.

Since you are playing heroics, go with HL, Wisdom and Holy Shock.

Until you are raiding, use 51/0/20, for better mana regen and healing. You shoulnd't rely much in your shield until you get used to your healing and have, at least, 2k unbuffed spellpower.

Sacred Shield on your tank, always. If your tank is a Prot Paladin, ask him yo shield himself, so you can shield other group member. Beacon on the tanker, Judg on cooldown with seal of wisdom for mana regen.

I've seen a lot of you talking about the 51/0/20 build

is there a cookie cutter for this?
    "Pain heal, Chicks Dig scars and Glory lasts for ever."

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder
    I've seen a lot of you talking about the 51/0/20 build

is there a cookie cutter for this?
    Click my sig.