15+ Year Old Account

[Guide] Warlock Glyphs

A guide to warlock glyphs.  Some will show up in multiple sections - this means that it is viable in each section it is included in.  If I missed one, or you feel it should be included in multiple sections, post.

Minor Glyphs - The only ones worth taking are Unending Breath and Drain Soul.  The rest are just horrible and personal flavor. 

[USELESS GLYPHS]
    Why God, why....

Healthstone - This only affects you.  This is basically a subtle way of insulting your healers.  Siphon Life is better while solo/leveling and everything else is better everywhere else.
    Soulstone - This is basically planning for failure.  Don't fail and this glyph is useless.
    Shadowburn - Shadowburn does not hit hard enough, even with a crit, to justify a glyph slot.
    Death Coil - It looks useful, but its not.
    Chaos Bolt - 2 seconds off sounds amazing, but its not.  The other choices are just better.
    Shadow Bolt - Mana is not an issue.
    Succubus - This can be completely bypassed by playing smarter.

[LEVELING/GRINDING/SOLO GLYPHS]

Life Tap - The most important leveling glyph - directly converts spirit (easy to find) into spell power (not so easy to find, early on).
    Corruption - You will be casting Corruption a lot - instant Shadow Bolts are very useful
    Felguard - If you use the Felguard to level, this is the best glyph you can get
    Siphon Life - Paired with Life Tap, this makes 30+ a breeze.
    Voidwalker - If you enjoy soloing instances, this is a must have in the harder content.
    Health Funnel - Keep your pet alive while it tanks something and you have adds slowly dying on you.

[PVE GLYPHS]

Affliction:
    Haunt, Lifetap, Curse of Agony produce the highest return on investment.

Do not use the following, for the reasons provided:
    Corruption - Agony does more damage, too RNG
    Unstable Affliction - PVP
    Felhunter - PVP
    Siphon Life - zero damage increase, insults your healers.

Demonology:
    Metamorphosis, Lifetap, Felguard are the best. 
    Replace Meta with Immolate for a 0/41/30 build, and Felguard with Conflag for a 0/40/31 build.

Do not use:
    Agony - Everything else is better
    Corruption - Everything else is better

Destruction:
    Incinerate, Conflagrate, and Lifetap.

Do not use:
    Immolate - Changes to the Lifetap glyph made Lifetap better.  This is still a good glyph, but not as good.
    Imp - This would be our 5th choice - good glyph, just not good enough.

[PVP GLYPHS]

Curse of Exhaustion - This makes your snare range greater than the gap closer range of other classes. Kiting time.
    Soul Link - This is a must have in order to survive.
    Demonic Circle - Has its uses, especially against Rogues and Death Knights.
    Fear - Not as useful as it once was.  Basically lets you do an extra 1000 damage before Fear breaks, which is a lot but at the same time isn't.
    Felhunter - Affliction should take this as well as the extra healing is noticable.
    Howl of Terror - Another good glyph.
    Searing Pain - A decent glyph as this is your filler spell as Affliction. However, under 12% crit and this is useless.
    Conflagrate - Sometimes you fight people who don't have dispel.  This is a direct damage boost against them.
    Immolate - Useful to destruction to boost Conflag damage.
    Unstable Affliction - Useful to get off a UA faster so it can't be interrupted as easily.
    Life Tap - Useful for more damage, but the other options tend to be better.

R.I.P. YARG

Re: [Guide] Warlock Glyphs

Curse of Exhaustion is a must-have for PvP Affliction
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie
    Curse of Exhaustion is a must-have for PvP Affliction
    I disagree.... but then again I never liked having to spend talent points on it.

Edit: Its a personal preference for me. Probably is smart to take
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Isn't glyph of health funnel pretty useless? I mean the spell doesn't cost mana so its not an issue to recast it.

I know health funnel cost like an extra 100 hp the first second but thats not enought to make it worth a glyph slot imo.

15+ Year Old Account

They changed it so it no longer can be pushed back. This is mildly useful to someone wanting to do lvl 70 heroics solo. I would deem this as not useless, as there will be times where you have to tank something while trying to heal your pet.

R.I.P. YARG