Exactly how much armor pen is needed to reach the cap?

I am gemming for armor pen now because I am above 6300 ap raid buffed. Atm I am at 316 armor pen rating(25.66% armor reduction) so with the talent im at 35.66%. Do I need to be at 35%(45% with talent) reduction for cap? Please let me know

btw I have grim toll if that makes a difference

Re: Exactly how much armor pen is needed to reach the cap?

With Grim toll shoot for 50% passive...when your trink procs youll be at 100% Sunder stacks after that for a total cap of 120% effective armor pen. any more than 50% passive would be nice but i wouldnt go for it over str or w/e you best stat is.

be sure to remember, if your a warrior that the percentages you gain from weap spec and stances is added to your passive amount..so the less you need

sorry for my ignorance, passive meaning my armor pen rating + the 10% from the talent right? or 45 straight from rating alone

The way talents work, the bonus from talents gets add after ratings are calculated.
    So if you have armor pen rating on your gear that is worth 25% armor penetration then the 10% from talents is added after that for a total of 35%.

So yes when you calculate and think about passive armor pen or other stats, you take into account the total armor pen you have with talents. You would need to be at 40% without talents and 50% with talents.

443 with Mjolnir Runestone.
    496 with GT.