Faction Changes and Faction Items

I think a topic was that was like what I'm going to ask, but no one really gave any answers or clues. If there are going to be Faction/ Race Change, how do you think Blizzard will handle things like faction specific mounts, Achievements, Quest Items, Faction specific armor like the pvp gear, etc

Will they let you keep them? Or will they switch them with there counterpart?

I'm a bit curious as to how this will be handled.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Faction Changes and Faction Items

I am sure they will be switched to their counterparts. Seems like the only fair way to do things.

Other things you might be able to keep but not equip, Like the BE tabard for completing the epic mount quest, and the Hand of Argus tabard.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    I am sure they will be switched to their counterparts. Seems like the only fair way to do things.
    "Horde, quit whining about Blood Elves. You say we are girly and yet it is you who are whining like 16 yr old girls that are not getting their way."

knowing blizzard, they'll probably give you what they consider the equivalent items, mounts, and achievment. lets say you're turning your human warrior into a tauren. they'll probably take your swift palomino and turn it into a great white kodo. your claymore of the prophet http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45074 will probably become greatsword of the sin'dorei http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45205#. and other similar changes. as far as quest items though, if its not available to that faction, they'll probably just take it away.

what about http://www.wowhead.com/?item=6830? for instance?
    It is a alliance quest item and the counter part on the horde side doesn't give a 2h weapon (http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=1048).

I think it may work fairly simply (from our end, I'm sure it's tricky to impliment)

If my belf priest has a Purple Hawkstrider, and I turn her into a Gnome when I can, that Purple Hawkstrider might turn into a Purple Mechanostrider (if there is one.) OR it might turn into a Purple Elekk, as Belfs - Draenei on the conversion list? I reckon the first.

If my tauren hunter has the Tabard for exalted with Frostwolf, and I turn him Alliance, then that might turn into a Stormpike tabard.

Etc etc. Faction stuff avaliable to both, EG Aldor/Scryer, Kirin Tor blah blah would almost certainly stay the same. I can be 99% certain that they wont let you keep access to any faction specific items, mounts or gear you may have had.

'And you give the plague to your healers. Who are standing waiting for it. Because they love you. Love also being a kind of plague.' - Raid Leader describing the tacts for PP 25 HC.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa
    I think a topic was that was like what I'm going to ask, but no one really gave any answers or clues. If there are going to be Faction/ Race Change, how do you think Blizzard will handle things like faction specific mounts, Achievements, Quest Items, Faction specific armor like the pvp gear, etc

Will they let you keep them? Or will they switch them with there counterpart?

I'm a bit curious as to how this will be handled.
    they will probably be given as counterpart and if not possible it will be stored so if u ever return to 1 side u will get it back.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    they will probably be given as counterpart and if not possible it will be stored so if u ever return to 1 side u will get it back.
    Simple as needing xyz races to equip. Like a lot of the Coliseum items have now.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Im gonna sound like a troll but it's really not my intention, but I couldn't read what you wrote cause of your sig. Would be awesome if you could shrink it a wee bit, my head got confused.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Punkel
    Im gonna sound like a troll but it's really not my intention, but I couldn't read what you wrote cause of your sig. Would be awesome if you could shrink it a wee bit, my head got confused.
    GIF's are too much for you to handle?

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    GIF's are too much for you to handle?
    He is right though, that sig is too large

I love your sig Zarastayaa. =D

I was wondering about this too....because if you look through the loot lists for ToC 10 and 25 the items dropped by certain bosses are COMPLETELY different based on your faction. The trinkets are what got me wondering... The trinkets dropped are totally different based on what faction you are. How would they handle stuff like that?

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

They'll probably try to give you the equivalent. If no equivalent exists, you might get nothing.