Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Resilience affecting Defence cap

Quote Originally Posted by Desdemona
    He's also saying not to "worry" about having more than 540 Defense, implying that you're just fine and dandy to keep going and you're not gimping yourself in any way whatsoever by doing so. But you are. Period. End of discussion.

Except I didn't give a single piece of erroneous information, you ignorant twat.
    You do not gimp yourself by having over 540 defense. You gimp yourself by avoiding gear that has defense on it. There is always a ratio of defense to dodge to parry that makes one better than another.

28 defense rating is roughly equal to 10 dodge rating + 10 parry rating + some miss

Since you will be crit immune and pallies are easily block capped this is pretty much all you need to consider.

The DR for miss is roughly three times worse than parry which is twice as bad as dodge. So that's why it is generally viewed as 'safe' to stack dodge.

In typical gear though, you'll get about as much avoidance from the "some miss" component of defense as you do from the dodge or parry components.

Quote Originally Posted by erwin121
    Itemstatwise you gain a free 5dodge if you use the sucky sons of hodir enchant. And another 5dodge and 5 defense if you have the good one. So get of your high horse and get a pve enchant because they are way better.
    30 stam vs 15 dodge and 10 defense (while being crit immune).

I'll take the 30 stam, ty!

Are you also using 2 avoidance trinkets over stamina ones?

Would you use the repelling charge for anything but to get defense capped?

15+ Year Old Account

He's also saying not to "worry" about having more than 540 Defense, implying that you're just fine and dandy to keep going and you're not gimping yourself in any way whatsoever by doing so. But you are. Period. End of discussion.
    He said that having more than 540 *when it comes naturally from gear* doesn't mean your gimping yourself, and you don't have to worry about that.
    Which is NORMAL if you look at T9 stats. A full heroic T9 geared paladin would end up having around 560 defense without using ANY defense gem or enchant.

So no, you're not gimping yourself when you're wearing your BiS gear and THAT gear sets you over 540 defense.
    Fucking learn to read, genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

10+ Year Old Account

Get this through your dense skull:  IT IS A CAP -- A SOFT CAP.  It's obviously too much for you to comprehend, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a fucking cap.

He's also saying not to "worry" about having more than 540 Defense, implying that you're just fine and dandy to keep going and you're not gimping yourself in any way whatsoever by doing so.  But you are.  Period.  End of discussion.

Except I didn't give a single piece of erroneous information, you ignorant twat.
    I know what a cap is... I know what you are saying.. I'm also not retarded enough to not understand what he is saying.

I'm sorry that you are caught up in community accepted terminology you have read on the forums and cannot accept other truths that may defunct your own beliefs. He is viewing the wording to be incorrect. I can see how others on the forums can see how. You however seem to be the only one who is "ignorant" enough not to be able to see it. Each of us who comes to these board or any other boards to post, comment, explain the how to's of this game use the terminology that you so strongly are sticking to. I myself even use the phrase defense cap. But like I said previously that does not hinder my ability to see someone else's PoV that says the wording is improper english. Which I can agree to, to an extent.

I mean can you honestly not see the merit in someone saying 540 is not a cap it is a minimum?

It is the standard minimal amouont of defense a tank should have correct?

Even when you attemt to research the term soft cap using google the first three results are:

From a wow page
    Urban Dictionary
    and City of heroes...

It is something the gaming community has come up with to help explain points at which stats lose their full effect. And that is what the terminolgy mostly refers to. Games. And this is what the poster was pointing out. And this is what I am trying to explain to you. So chill the fuck out.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

I read this topic. And all I can say is..

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].