Thread: Shaman AoE

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shaman AoE

Give them a real aoe like earthquake from lore. Srs not fun just popping magma totem thunderstorm then afk so guildies or people get mad at me
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic
    "OMFG I spent 7g buying [insert item name] from action house, but it didn't go in my bag!"....

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Shaman AoE

Yeah, our aoe ability is a complete joke. I wouldn't mind, of course, because we are, after all, hybrids and shouldn't really be able to top mages/locks with damage, but Boomkins got a full time aoe - it's our turn.

Deleted

Let us throw magma totem, sorted.
    Although I would like an earthquake-like ability, slows movement, would be handy.

All classes are not supposed to have the same capabilities. If you want to aoe roll a mage or warlock. They possess the better aoe skills. If you want stun abilities, roll a rogue or paladin. They possess the better stun abilities. If you want to be FoTM and OP, roll a druid. They possess the largest range of abilities of all classes. Kids need to stop with the "Billy has this toy so I should have it to" attitude. Again, not all classes should do the same things. There is variety for a reason. Stop trying to ruin it.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    All classes are not supposed to have the same capabilities. If you want to aoe roll a mage or warlock. They possess the better aoe skills. If you want stun abilities, roll a rogue or paladin. They possess the better stun abilities. If you want to be FoTM and OP, roll a druid. They possess the largest range of abilities of all classes. Kids need to stop with the "Billy has this toy so I should have it to" attitude. Again, not all classes should do the same things. There is variety for a reason. Stop trying to ruin it.
    And don't generalise that too much either. AOE-capabilities are quite dependant on spec as well.
    Last time my raid leader insisted on having an arcane mage and an affliction warlock on aoe duty.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Try not to be so ignorant as to think that because someone wants an aoe feature they want to dilute the classes. Please - it's just embarrassing to have people like you turn a good conversation about class/spec shortfalls into a "no you're dumb, no you're dumb" conversation. If you want to do that - go elsewhere.

Elemental shamans already have an aoe - and it's pretty stupid if you ask me (except in AB near the lumber mill for blowing enemies off the cliff ). If they are going to give us an aoe, give us one that works - not one that has a cd rendering it almost useless.

Earthquake would be an amazing move to get. Would greatly improve the amount of dps i can do on aoe pulls. Currently i just go afk and get a drink.

You realise that our melee spec has more AoE than our caster spec right? Anyone claiming we don't need any/more AoE abilities is either Enh or retarded. I don't get why Hunters can use a trap at range, but we can't use a totem. They could always just shorten the CD on Chain Lightning and change that too...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Melynx
    You realise that our melee spec has more AoE than our caster spec right? Anyone claiming we don't need any/more AoE abilities is either Enh or retarded. I don't get why Hunters can use a trap at range, but we can't use a totem. They could always just shorten the CD on Chain Lightning and change that too...
    Lol - exactly. We have absolutely no effective aoe capability whatsoever. Every other class has something to the effect of a mass, no cd aoe (including, lol, rogues - that just cracked me up btw) except us. And I'm not even asking for it in the Enh tree . . . but the Ele tree needs it.

we need aoe real time and thats it give ideas ignore other class replies ty

When I think Earthquake I think of it as a point blank AoE. So maybe it would be something for Enhancement to use? I do think both Enh and Elem needs something more in the terms of AoE. Enh I do feel is a bit better off, just because they can drop their Magma Totems right ontop of the mobs.

However, I do think that we need something more than Magma Totem and a Chain Lightning to compete in AoE pulls.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by C Rage
    When I think Earthquake I think of it as a point blank AoE. So maybe it would be something for Enhancement to use? I do think both Enh and Elem needs something more in the terms of AoE. Enh I do feel is a bit better off, just because they can drop their Magma Totems right ontop of the mobs.

However, I do think that we need something more than Magma Totem and a Chain Lightning to compete in AoE pulls.
    It's sort of funny, but looking at all the classes - we are the ONLY melee class not to have an effective aoe and we are the ONLY ranged class not to have a spammable aoe.

Earthquake would be great for Enhancement - not really the right name for Elemental imo.

Elemental should really just get the mechanics of thunderstorm changed - no knockback (as fun as it is) and have it be channeled with no cd.

I really just wish that magma totem wasn't considered a pet. Trying to farm low level stuff is a real pain because we don't get stuff if we don't physically attack the mob

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkGod
    Give them a real aoe like earthquake from lore. Srs not fun just popping magma totem thunderstorm then afk so guildies or people get mad at me
    My shaman is my main, and ele... just no. I don't want to be a mage. I don't want aoe.

Enhancement should get an earthquake-like ability while Elemental can summon a Volcano to spew lava for damage. I personally think that would be awesome.

i think that blizzard needs to add earthquake and make it like all the other big aoe spells like blizzard, rain of fire, hurricane, and volley. make it a channeled spell that is fair damage for all specs but really good for elemental say like for frost mage talent giving it a slow effect and then it would get all the crit bonuses and such in the elemental tree as well. would take a bit of time to work it out but its not like blizzard could not work the bugs out. just a thought of course

Ok clearly you haven't been paying attention to this game. The best AOE for a long ass time was rogues FoK, NOT locks and mages. And all you idiots saying, "we don't want every class being the same" its too late. Every class is essentially a rip of one another. If you've played at least 7/10 characters in this game above level 60, as I have, you would see that most of the abilities are not unique to one specific class. The only unique thing about them is their animation and spell name.

As far as ranged DPS goes, I agree shamans need something aside from a magma totem. Magma is great if your enhance but as an elemental shaman, running in the middle of battle just to drop a magma totem and pop a thunderstorm seems counterproductive to being a ranged dps. Then you have to think. Is forfeiting your wrath totem for a dps increase w/ magma worth the reduced spell power raid wide? Blizzards argument is, "well how many classes get to aoe and still do their single target spell cycle?"

Personally, I think ele needs a bit of a buff around the board. Single target enhancement is >. Multi-mobs obviously a good elemental should perform slightly better than an enhance, but who the hell cares about trash? Its annoying and has to be done but the real glory comes from bosses.

I think shamans are very close to being in the right spot but need a few more buffs to make us a competitive class.

Elemental shamans should have fork lightning. Cost a tiny bit more mana, lower damage, but hits more targets then chain lightning.

Like Hit all targets with in 10 yards of the original target fork lightning is casted on.

Enhancement should get Earthquake. 10 yards with in range of the shaman, Dazes as well.

There, we have one more spell left in between 81-85 out of the three spells we get.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle
    Elemental shamans should have fork lightning. Cost a tiny bit more mana, lower damage, but hits more targets then chain lightning.

Like Hit all targets with in 10 yards of the original target fork lightning is casted on.

Enhancement should get Earthquake. 10 yards with in range of the shaman, Dazes as well.

There, we have one more spell left in between 81-85 out of the three spells we get.
    I like it. Except the daze effect might be a little too OP.

Remove the cooldown on Chain Lightning (and make the talent that reduces Chain Lightning CD in the Elemental tree make it hit additional targets), or give Shaman Forked Lightning. Give it a 2 second cast time and make it hit the target and everything within 10 yards of the target for ____ nature damage.