Poll: Rate from 1 to 10 how happy you are with the current warlock changes

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

How happy/Unhappy are you with the changes in general

Well there is diffrent opinions on how the changes are, i think its worth having a poll to see the general happines or unhappines about these previews.

myself im pretty much between a 8 or 9.

whats your opinion?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: How happy/Unhappy are you with the changes in general

Looks ok, although I am somewhat concerned at being the only class being balanced around a finite resource.

Deleted

When I was checking the other previews I noticed 1 thing... spriest, rogue and dk all get a talent/spell to make it easier to swap targets / burn down adds... How about us (affliction) locks blizz? I hope we'll get something similar cause we kinda need it :P

Also not too sure about the Soul Burn mechanic, seems pretty hard to balance. GC said it would be 'something big' to do, but so far I can't say I'm impressed :P

15+ Year Old Account

Im disapointed about the shard system, expected more out of it. Like promoted it should be exciting to burn a shard!
    It would also be nice if they added a shard regen mechanic, maybe something like a passive regen a shard every 6 minutes and only regen if all shards are burned.

15+ Year Old Account

My answer is 6B: I'm optimistic, but apprehensive.

R.I.P. YARG

i am dissapoint

this shard system looks quite lame

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity
    When I was checking the other previews I noticed 1 thing... spriest, rogue and dk all get a talent/spell to make it easier to swap targets / burn down adds... How about us (affliction) locks blizz? I hope we'll get something similar cause we kinda need it :P
    Well seed of corruption fills that niche usually. An exception might be with small numbers of targets (2-3) that die fast, in which case tab corruption and rain of fire may be useful. With large numbers of targets seed does the trick, with small numbers of long living targets its easy enough to dot them all.

15+ Year Old Account

imo, so far I think the order of best to worst in terms of class changes:

Priest
    Shaman
    Warlock
    Rogue
    Warrior
    Death Knight
    Hunter

DK's and Hunters get basically nothing they didn't need. Warrior changes are too vague to be understandable at the moment (and how vague they are can be determined by how much bitching warriors do - its an improvement for sure, but how its an improvement is obscured). Rogues basically just got nerfed in terms of PVP control but buffed in terms of survival. Warlocks we know about. Shaman healing and damage looks ~fun~.

And priest changes seriously make me reconsider my main for Cataclysm. Warlock will always be maintained, but raiding as a Holy/Shadow priest just looks so much more interesting. Probably isn't tho.

R.I.P. YARG

The changes make us more "hibrids" in pvp terms.Not real changes to make us kiting class or tanking cloth,not defined and i think this gonna be a problem.

In pve terms we dont know nothing until we see the numbers in the table.

I'm very slightly disappointed about the shard changes: it's much better than what we have, but not quite what I wanted. The new abilities look useful, but not terribly creative. And I'm very disappointed in the lack of green fire. So I'll go with a 6.

Best to worst so far:
    Hunter
    Shaman
    Warlock
    Rogue
    Warrior
    Priest
    Death Knight

Hunter is getting a massive, much needed overhaul. Shaman is getting lots of fun stuff. None of it is original, but it's all good. Warlock looks like fun. The shard change thus far is underwhelming, but everything else is great. Rogue is okay, they get some interesting stuff, but eh. Whatever. Warrior is really vague, but I love that using one handers for Fury will be possible again. I quite my Warrior because I didn't like the game-play with TG. Priest makes me roll my eyes. Hopefully they'll do it well, but on paper the most useful thing Priests are getting is 'Heal'. Death Knight changes annoy the crap out of me. The talent tree overhaul is completely unneeded and goes back on me remotely wanting to play my DK. 3 tanking tree to play with was the only thing that kept me coming back. The only good idea is they want to bring back 2h Frost as an option, which is good. It shouldn't have ever been forced into DW to begin with.

Hunter/Shaman changes have encouraged me to get both my TBC Hunter and vanilla Shaman up to 80 at last. Such incredibly good news.

15+ Year Old Account

imo hunter changes fix the issues they had in BC and not many of the issues they have now. The changes are welcome, for sure, but I wanted more.

The only reason I like the priest changes is because they now get an interactive game play. Before they had buttons to press at certain intervals and a proc or two, but really the class was about as straightforward as it gets. Dynamic healing buffs based on what you're casting and charge-based dps (at first glance) seems like a very good change.

R.I.P. YARG

The chakra change for Holy is interesting, but underwhelming news. Almost everything they brought up is mediocre, or bad, or not explained well enough to matter. The only 'cool' news is that Disc and Holy will be able to tank heal (which both royally suck at right now). IE: Disc is getting a large raid healing buff and a small tank heal buff, Holy is getting a huge tank healing buff. That's the 'Heal' change more than anything though, gives a higher throughput variation of Flash Heal. Sounds amazing... oh wait.

Did you miss that the Hunter class is being completely overhauled to be a unique class that uses a combination rage/energy mechanic? I almost soiled myself. So far it's the biggest change to any class for Cataclysm, even when you include the changes to the DK tanking trees. Being able to launch traps at range? Awesome. Camouflage finally going in? Awesome. BM finally getting a unique attack? Awesome. Removal of ammo? Awesome. Most of the classes they're trying to fix this, or tweak that... Hunter's are getting an entirely new class.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    imo, so far I think the order of best to worst in terms of class changes:

Priest
    Shaman
    Warlock
    Rogue
    Warrior
    Death Knight
    Hunter
    so true. and i play a hunter..well i guess i'll have to take another hit by the bat.

btw: why am i checking warlock forums? lol.
    Haha, then you got a nice GM. Once had a guildy who's ZG snake "TrouserSnake" was renamed (by the GM) to Bob. Since this was way back in Vanilla, we all laughed at him and his snake that got "Bobbed".

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka
    Looks ok, although I am somewhat concerned at being the only class being balanced around a finite resource.
    Im with ya on that front.

I'm a bit upset we havent seen any defensive CDs yet. Blizz refers to mages as the "Glass Cannon" but they have so many def. CDs which removes the whole "glass" part of the reference, when we only have a teleport (so Warlocks would be the glass waterguns =P) Im hoping we get more changes to buff survivability besides making us rely on our pet to such an extent (SL) and boosted stam

I definitely want to see more PvE uses for the shard system tho most appear to be pvp related

Overall from the info released so far I'm pretty satisfied (voted 7)

I am just a little worried over our level 85 spell..I dont want it to be a demonic sacrifice equivalent spell that instead of sacrifiscing the demon it fuses it with us.. I prefer it if it gives a different ability for example a unique new spell to spam for the duration and not just providing us with a damage boost buff .
    If we look spells clozely enough we see their similarity to mages spells.
    Fel flame seems like an arcane barrage copy adjusted to warlock needs, dark intnet an equivalent to focus magic and demon soul an arcane power equivalent spell/buff that maybe will look cooler.
    Succubus aoe knockback being a targettable attack (like waters elemental frost nova) can be great in pvp especially followed by a shadowfury after knockback and /or seduce!
    Demon bolt for demonology will make the specc feel unique and more interesting.
    Also dots ability to crit and benefit from haste sounds awesome .
    Soul burn spell addition that can provides us with instant soul fires and all the rest seems interesting giving us some cooldowns to rely on , but i do hope it will have more effects combined with other spells.

15+ Year Old Account

Majority of the players are PvE
    All 7 preview Soul Burns which are suposed to be "interesting" are PvP
    Ok..

One year of development and they cant even leak a PvE if there is one. The preview Soul Burns are as useful for PvE as our minor glyphs, especially Unending Breath.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Hey man, I love my Unending Breath glyph. That shit will be OP in Cata! Whole underwater zone! Booya! Oh wait there's underwater mounts now, nm.

And yeah, I think part of the issue is the Soul Burn stuff was meant to pander to the 'average wow player' which is like pandering to the 'average hillbilly' by offering him a belt buckle. An average player is thinking, "Oh my god, wow, that's great, instant Soul Fire! We're going to do crazy DPS!" But yeah, it's a PVP application. Hopefully there are some PVE applications like you know.... Soul Burn -> Shadow Bolt? Increases Shadow Damage by 10% for 20 seconds? Soul Burn -> Immolate? The next four sources of direct fire damage apply a DoT to the target equal to 25% of the damage dealt? Soul Burn -> Haunt? Haunt's debuff is extended to 30 seconds for the next cast? Soul Burn -> Conflagrate? For the next 30 seconds your nukes will extend the duration of the Conflagrate DoT and subsequent Conflagrates will add additional damage to the DoT?

There are you know... dozens and dozens of potential DPS mechanics they could put in... why announce stupid ones?

Im glad that they added this new shard system. It looks like they are trying to spice up fight mechanics and game play in general. In my opinion WoW was starting to get boring due to its easiness. Now it seems like they are making it more difficult with skills that are limited during the fight, and require timing. Looks great. Although i am dissapointed that they havn't added any standing information about a new Demon or a new Mount or flying mount (Yeah i know...."lol"). And they could do alot of interesting things with the Demon Soul spell. Maybe make it accualy look like your charecter fused with a demon?

Dont QQ about the shard system. Be happy that they are making this game no so easy mode, and switching up the game so its not so old fashioned? I'll always miss Vanilla, but the game needs to change to keep me interested.

Im still mad about the rogue one i wanted a poison throw like in toc5 but i guess hiding in smoke is OK too, but i wanna see what Leap of Faith is changed to before i lv my priest all the way