Thread: DPS increase?

DPS increase?

I read a lot on elitist jerks, but i always gotta end after like 5 mins since you get serious headache from all the equations etc.
    But anyway...
    I used to be a top-dpser in my guild on my war, in sunwell i won meters on KJ for example, then on early 80 i won some meters in naxx. (i was arms)
    I came back to my war about 2 weeks ago, which i hadnt played for about 4-5 months.
    Anyway, my dps/dmg isn't bad, but it isn't really as high as i want it to be.
    Some of my first thoughts on this was the fact that the others in my guild had a lot better gear, but im still almost struggling to be in the top10, when i used to be top3. :<
    My dps kinda goes between 3,5k-4k.
    Anyway, after reading up a lot, i'm considering going fury.
    Arms is nice and all, but by personal experience i'd say Arms requires insanely perfect gear if you wanna be the best, back when i won dmg on KJ i had like 4 pieces of t6, soulcleaver etc.

Link to my armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ksorrow&n=Xewt

comments/thoughts plx? =)

Re: DPS increase?

Arms doesnt require perfect gear, fury will be better later on (maybe). As long as theres a dmg penalty and a person with brain playing arms warrior, fury shouldnt beat you.

I had a look at your spec and if I were you, 1/5 from UW would go to Anger management. Your items could use some upgrade too ofc but you can dump like 1% hit for armor pen or crit gems.
    ROGUES OP LOL
    Have you ever played a rogue? The only reason we are considered OP is because well... you suck.
    No other way to put it.
    No other class in the game has its "OH SHIT" button completely broken.
    No other class in the game WILL be killed in a single stun if they dont have a trinket.
    No other class in the game dies anywhere near as fast as a rogue with its cooldowns gone.
    No other class in the game requires more skill than a rogue.
    No other class in the game is as fun as a rogue, Therefore the majority of rogues who are good, have played a really long time and become good players, nothing will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimo
    Arms doesnt require perfect gear, fury will be better later on (maybe). As long as theres a dmg penalty and a person with brain playing arms warrior, fury shouldnt beat you.

I had a look at your spec and if I were you, 1/5 from UW would go to Anger management. Your items could use some upgrade too ofc but you can dump like 1% hit for armor pen or crit gems.
    Thing is that i need that point in the fury tree to get down to improved execute. :<
    Else i would agree that anger management > uw.

You are a warrior, you should not beat all others on dps.
    You say your "dps/dmg isn't bad", then you are doing well.

What you missed is:
    - general warrior nerfs
    - a huge Nerf for fury
    - some improvements for arms

Arms and fury are doing quite similar right now. At lower gear arms wins, at high end gear its fury.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

I went fury nao, gonna try it out some raids.
    The hard part is that BG's seem so hard now, since Arms was viable in both.
    But well, i wanna win meters, thats all

your armory is not working, however I'll hope you have an armor pen trinket, and some armor pen gear along with clever play trinket monitoring and clever use of cooldowns. Any class can outplay others, even the underdogs.

Why people gem straight crit i'll never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimo
    As long as theres a dmg penalty and a person with brain playing arms warrior, fury shouldnt beat you.
    This is an impossibly awful blanket statement that I'd like to contest. Any fight where there are multiple targets to hit, Fury wins. Imp Cleave + Glyph of Cleave + Whirlwind will do a lot more damage than Bladestorm and Sweeping Strikes. Most fights that require movement, Fury has a slight edge over Arms since all of its attacks are instant or on-next-hit whereas Arms has a slight impediment due to Slam still being a half second cast. Any Patchwerk-type fight where the DPS can sit and wail on the boss, Arms has a slight edge over Fury because that's what it specializes in.

Of course, at higher gear levels, Fury is usually the victor because of its scaling better than with Arms too.

To the OP:

You don't need so much hit as Fury, just the simple 8% hit for specials. Over 65-75% of my damage comes from yellow damage, so just making sure your specials hit are important and any extra hit stats are usually wasted as they could be used on other stats like ArP and Str.

In my opinion, Commanding Presence is unnecessary, as my raids usually have a Paladin to buff Might which is only 1 AP less than your buffed Battle Shout but lasts for 20 minutes and you don't have to spend rage or a global cooldown to refresh it. Because of this, Booming Voice is also less valuable since you won't be shouting in raids if there is a Prot Warrior present. Even if you are the only warrior, having you spend 7 talent points so that the raid can have a 3 minute long [minor] boost to its health is asking a lot of that DPS player when the untalented version is only slightly worse and won't hurt the DPS player's DPS in the slightest.

So following what I have said above, you have 7 extra talent points. To help your rage generation, get Unbridled Wrath. Also, get Improved Berserker Rage. With talents, Berserker Rage is a 20 second cooldown and will result in you getting 60 rage every minute (3 times at 20 rage each time) PLUS more rage if you get hit as when it is active, you get more rage when taking damage. OR, you could put a point into Anger Management, which yields 20 rage every minute.

My suggestion would be to put 1 point into Anger Management, 4 points in Unbridled Wrath, and 2 points into Improved Berserker Rage, netting you at least 80 additional rage per minute, helping your rage generation considerably in raid fights. As your gear gets better, you won't need as much help in rage generation and you could respec some points into Imp Intercept, Enrage or Imp Execute. However, for now, you're going to need all the rage generation help you can get.

Deleted

If you know how to play both specs to the max (remeber that fury is harder to get 100% out of than arms, it requires more action without thinking), fury will win assuming Ulduar25 quality gear and above.

Most people being arms test fury at one time or another when they gear up, notice it's a DPS drop (if you're doing this unbuffed on a dummy, arms will most likely win), and say it's worse than arms. Regear alittlebit, make sure your expertise is high enough to manage without WM, make sure your hitrating isn't at 350, make sure your AP and crit is high enough to sustain the rotation, and then find yourself a boss to kill. Preferbly with a raid that has all possible debuffs and buffs, or if nothing else windfury and BoK.

Then just practice, as arms you got a stunning 1.5seconds between each click and the next, which makes it rather easy to get used to, while as fury you gotta act without thinking as missing a heroic strike on the mainhand is a loss in DPS, while you can be too low on rage to use it in the first place and delay Bloodthrist.