Uber AV Leveling, changes?

So I recently discovered that leveling in AV is CRAZY OP and I hear that they are going to be nufing/changing it. Anyone know what they have planned?

I know i've been able to grind out a level in 2-3 hours even being as high as 77 right now with about 2 1/2 hours /played this level and I'm about 85% of the way through it.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Re: Uber AV Leveling, changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrdoxe
    that is actually very slow, if you have the heirlooms and know how to play you can level way faster lol
    I don't have any heirlooms on my char at all.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

that is actually very slow, if you have the heirlooms and know how to play you can level way faster lol
    What?

While the heirlooms probably make grinding/questing faster, 2-3 hours per level from AV'ing is by no means "very slow".

15+ Year Old Account

This actually is what I thought too, but I was mistaken. I found that I just got bored with questing so what I thought was 1-2 hours really wasnt much time at all. I had alot more fun in BGs and the time wen by faster, therefore leveling faster.

I think that if I were to spend the same amount of time actually questing as I did in BGs then the XP would be similar. Especially if you have chest and should heirloom items. If they worked in Bgs then it might be a little too OP.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

It's really not that slow. It takes around 75 quests to level at around 77. If you can do 30+ quests an hour I'd be pretty impressed...

And.....

D-BAG ALERT!!!
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

Excluding Heirlooms, I consider 2-3 hours per level in AV to be on par with questing/grinding, if not a little bit faster.

While I'm no leveling guru (I tend to slow down out of boredom/taking breaks frequently/AH/misc other things), it took me 6 hours per level as resto on my shaman (Leveled with my brother and sister so we did some instances on the way up and they wanted me as resto - but they weren't on as frequently so I often found myself solo-leveling). Took about 4 hours per level on my warlock and I have no idea how long it took my warrior per level. This is all without heirlooms (except my warrior had shoulders/weapon).

By what I heard you get:

100k exp for pwning the 4 towers.
    25k exp for pwning Belinda/Galv.
    25k exp for win/lose

Also according to what I heard you can make up to 1milion exp in 90min.
    Plus the honor points and marks... sounds awesome to me.

Its true lvling in AV is very fast

personaly i get around 100k XP per AV if we take down the 4 towers and win,

seeing as an av doesnt last longer then 10 min now and you need around 170 000 k xp to lvl its faster to just do around 17 av's (its boring though, so you might want to do a WSG or another bg to mix it up although they dont give that much xp)

and its great fun if you dont mind sometimes being assraped by a lvl 80 with 2 times asmuch hp

i believe this to be a strategy by blizzard to get people to play bgs again. I know that in my battlegroup, any pvp that isn't max level takes anywhere between 10-15 minutes to get into. kinda sucks, but at least the horde destroy the alli when we do get into a BG.

its like super fuking fast

i did 78-80 in like 6-7 hours , and i was going mad in questing and killing mobs with 2 hairlooms and me being a blood DK ( no downtime , but i hate questing in northrend)

can you tell me what Battle group you are in ( or server , EU/US ) and what side you were . and in that 2-3 hours , were you like always winning or what?

thanks for the tip , gonna try it in my shaman .

PS : is there like a mood that you buy that give you like more EXP from BGs ( you know , like that which doesnt give you EXP in BGs )

I tried lvling my mage with AV. I'm lvl 52 and it works fine even if horde loses most of the time. Still, i take 6-7 avs to lvl up. It's super fast and awesome too.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

And using both Heirloom xp pieces doing quests only I went from 76-80 in a little under 7 hours.

That's what...5-6M xp? 800k an hour? prolly more like 700k idk but it was faster doing quests

AV isn't very fast.

It's effortless, and can be done by watching TV and tapping a button every 5 minutes, but it's by no means faster than good old fashioned questing if you have: Heirlooms, (epic) Flying Mount at 68 and a good knowledge of which quests level you the fastest.

Ymmv depending on class.

It's good levelling, don't get me wrong, but you can do better if you know the game well enough and have the resources to back it up.

Level 68 with Shoulders/CHest (though I believe heirloom +exp does NOT affect BG's) earned 100k exp between 2 AV's (55k first, 45k 2nd) and each one took about 15 minutes, with a few minutes Q time. Totaling about 40 minutes for 100k exp, or 16% of a level.

Forgot to add - 1250 honor and 6 AV marks.

40 minutes x 6 = approx 96% of a level and 240 minutes (4 hours) at level 68.

better to quest/grind until the level 71-80 bracket at least.

I'm level 69 on my rogue, and getting about the same as you Zhabin.
    Is is significantly better from 71-80 for experience?

Quote Originally Posted by lapetes
    "I'm bad listen to me yell!"

My friend actually documented his starting and finishing exp from AV matches and when he got a 4x tower win and at level 74 it was close to 200,000 exp in ~15 minutes. Can't really beat that questing.

AV grinding is only recommended 71+.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Lassy
    AV isn't very fast.

It's effortless, and can be done by watching TV and tapping a button every 5 minutes, but it's by no means faster than good old fashioned questing if you have: Heirlooms, (epic) Flying Mount at 68 and a good knowledge of which quests level you the fastest.

Ymmv depending on class.

It's good levelling, don't get me wrong, but you can do better if you know the game well enough and have the resources to back it up.
    Idk man... 2 1/2 hours for a level @77 is pretty quick. I know epic flyers and BOAs help but still, that's pretty fast.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

according to a previous poster in this thread, he earns about 100k per game, something like 12-15 minutes per game (including Q time) which equals something like 17 games per level and thus 2.75-3.5 hours per level.

So 71-80 is at least 25% faster (more around 35% I'd say) than 61-70 AV.

or what Rathok said.

It's also highly dependend on the bg ratio in that bracket, seeing how in 61-70 bracket on ruins i've seen a lot more brutal/t6.5 lvl 70 allys then horde which cause us to lose a lot more often then win which leads to a lot slower lvling