Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Worgen cat form mystery.

*sigh*

So all the people saying that Worgen shouldn't have a cat form because they're dogs, are basing this on the fact that dogs are cat's opposite, right? As has been stated a few times now, there are no such thing as animal opposites. In fact, dogs are alot closer to cats than say.. cows. Does this ring a cowbell? Yeah, so Tauren should totally transform into cats, but worgen? THAT'S JUST TOO UNREALISTIC!

Hello Logic, always a pleasure

P.S. To the guy saying that it was like saying that red is the opposite of blue, that's worng too. Not flaming just spreading information, because it sounds like you don't know that colours do infact have opposites. Red's opposite is green though.

/end thread
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

i think it would be cool, like the next step, your human, turn into a worgen/half wolf and then into a full wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawke
    i think it would be cool, like the next step, your human, turn into a worgen/half wolf and then into a full wolf
    I guarantee the worgen druid travel form will be a worg.
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by starvethedead
    I guarantee the worgen druid travel form will not be a worg.

travel form is shared by all races, and they cant make a unique one for just one race.
    Sorry, but I guarantee you that there's no chance in hell blizzard would change a class-related transformation just for one race.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu
    I guarantee the worgen druid travel form will not be a worg.

Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld
    It will be some sort of cat, of course. The changes made for the troll and worgens will be variations on the same general form (i.e. the "new" cat and bear forms of Taurens and Night Elves).

The main reason I replied was to respond to an early post: dogs and wolves are *not* the same species, the former is Canis familiaris and the latter is Canis lupes. Also, lions, tigers, lynxes, and house cats are also different species. Domesticated cats are actually in a different genus than (most) the big cats. Certainly what was meant to be said is that dogs and wolves are in the same *family*, as all felines are in the same family. You go up one more tier on the taxonomic ladder, however, and they are all (felines and canines) in the same Order, Carnivora. As a matter of fact, I believe felines and canines share ancestry at some point. Just had to put that out there.
    Making my first post to say two things - good point on the shared ancestery, dogs and cats are far more closely related than cats and bulls or bulls and bears.
    As for dogs and wolves not being the same species, well believe what you will but the consensus is that they are.

From wikipedia:
    "Dog is the common use term that refers to members of the subspecies Canis lupus familiaris"

"Genus: Canis

Species: C. lupus

Subspecies: C. l. familiaris"

Domestic dogs are wolves. Just a pet hate of mine, sorry.

Personally hoping the worgen cat form will be a rugged, feral cat than an attempt to mix cat and wolf because such an attempt would likely just end up as a hyena. Guess that would be all bad.

I think the harder question is what would a wolf bear look like? Dreadful, probably, but I have faith in Blizzards art department to make something cooler than I can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyron
    *sigh*

So all the people saying that Worgen shouldn't have a cat form because they're dogs, are basing this on the fact that dogs are cat's opposite, right? As has been stated a few times now, there are no such thing as animal opposites. In fact, dogs are alot closer to cats than say.. cows. Does this ring a cowbell? Yeah, so Tauren should totally transform into cats, but worgen? THAT'S JUST TOO UNREALISTIC!

Hello Logic, always a pleasure

P.S. To the guy saying that it was like saying that red is the opposite of blue, that's worng too. Not flaming just spreading information, because it sounds like you don't know that colours do infact have opposites. Red's opposite is green though.
    +1 to these, plus the fact that Druids arent Transformers ,but they transform to certain animal aspects. (bear,cat,crow)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    travel form is shared by all races, and they cant make a unique one for just one race.
    Sorry, but I guarantee you that there's no chance in hell blizzard would change a class-related transformation just for one race.
    You idiot, Blizz already said each race will get their own unique travel form.

15+ Year Old Account

You idiot, even if they did say that how would a worg run as fast as a cheetah?

all of these new druid form posts always get people angry. we don't know what the forms will be, the end.

No, they said unique FORMS.
    There's a basic cat and bear and flight form layout which is tweaked for each race;
    Tauren forms get horns, nightelf ones get pointy ears, etc.

This is probably what they mean with their own forms; instead of pointy ears or horns,
    Trolls are likely to get maybe tusks, and Worgens something specific for them.

And furthermore I can't recall blizzard saying they'd EACH get unique ones, maybe trolls and Worgen would share a new form,
    because one thing you learn about blizzard is that They will never make something very unique and special for one class of one race.
    Nothing breath-takingly special atleast, like a new form.

Nightelf and Tauren druids have the same basic forms, but adjusted to their races. Nothing completely unique or special.

You idiot, even if they did say that how would a worg run as fast as a cheetah?
    Cheetah's can sprint the fastest, but aren't known for fast running long distances. Wolves are generally better at running long distances than cats. Hmm can you think of another 'travel form' in wow...oh yeah shaman ghost wolves. Each race is getting it's own travel form, and a worg best fits worgen, go figure. Besides night elf travel form is going back the its original plan, the stag. End of story.

15+ Year Old Account

Besides night elf travel form is going back the its original plan, the stag. End of story.
    Does your ass hurt? Because you seem to be taking alot of shit from it.

Besides night elf travel form is going back the its original plan, the stag. End of story.
    perfect response.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    No, they said unique FORMS.
    There's a basic cat and bear and flight form layout which is tweaked for each race;
    Tauren forms get horns, nightelf ones get pointy ears, etc.

This is probably what they mean with their own forms; instead of pointy ears or horns,
    Trolls are likely to get maybe tusks, and Worgens something specific for them.

And furthermore I can't recall blizzard saying they'd EACH get unique ones, maybe trolls and Worgen would share a new form,
    because one thing you learn about blizzard is that They will never make something very unique and special for one class of one race.
    Nothing breath-takingly special atleast, like a new form.

Nightelf and Tauren druids have the same basic forms, but adjusted to their races. Nothing completely unique or special.
    I agree

I think you are an idiot. Blizzard did said that they are going to upgrade the earlier form before Boomkin and Treeform. That is Bear, Cat, Travel, and Swim form.

I think it would be pretty interesting if for the expansion they totally reformed druids to the point where they were just eliminated from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawke
    Travel form is getting redone, and is going to likely be a Stag, like it origionally was supposed to be, the cheetah is and always has been a place holder, the Icon is even a hoof.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro
    I think you are an idiot. Blizzard did said that they are going to upgrade the earlier form before Boomkin and Treeform. That is Bear, Cat, Travel, and Swim form.
    Proof please.