Any experienced affli locks out there?

Good morning, my warlock has been 80 for about a month now, and so far I've really enjoyed it. It was my main pre tbc and in tbc, and I just recently felt like leveling it. Now a little while later, that I've gotten into raiding ulduar 25 and totcrusader with my guild, (thnx blizz for loltotchampion). I've gained quite a few decent pieces of gear.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Nether&n=Zeffy <-- armory

Currently I'm after tier 8 gloves for 4 set bonus. And farming rep for Head/Shoulder enchant. All this time I've been demo/destro, and I feel like trying affliction out. Now, I'd love to hear your opinions on my gear for affliction, and how much dps you think I'd be able to pull. No need for discussions about rotations, as I already know what to do However, a personal gear inspection by someone more experienced would be highly appreciated, thnx beforehand.

Sincerely Kim.

Re: Any experienced affli locks out there?

Havent played much afflic since 3.1 hit but you would wanna drop a little hit and gem all for spell power after that. Ignore socket bonus unless it is a really good one that you can hit a haste/spell power gem (look for at least 7 spell power bonus). Haste is much greater than crit until you reach 20 percent or so and you globals are capped at 1 sec. Not sure about the meta used to be the spell power one was best for afflic but now dots crit as opposed to fake crit so not sure about the math there. Stat priority should be Hit until capped with spreist or boomkin if you run with one if not try and get a hit peice you can switch out if you can>spell power>haste>spirit=crit. Last part is as of 3.1 with the tier peices there not sure now maybe crit>spirit now.

As for glyphs i believe Haunt Curruption and lifetap and make sure to keep it up.

Anyway hope that helps i gave up on my lock when they destroyed afflic in 3.1 and started raiding preist as it is to much sbolt spam now for me. I loved old afflic and hated to see it get simplified and nerfed hardcore.

Just checked ej spirit is much better than crit and almost as good as haste in close to top end gear.

Ok then, thnx you guys Just a small question, if I go affli with my current gear, what kind of dps should I be aiming for?

Quote Originally Posted by Haibara
    Ok then, thnx you guys Just a small question, if I go affli with my current gear, what kind of dps should I be aiming for?
    With your Gear on Patch 25 with FULL SUPPORT 5k should be minumum, if you are good, 6k should be possible.

15+ Year Old Account

For casters, the buffs are 60% more than your total. So:

Go to a target dummy
    Blow the shit out of it, with only self buffs, for 2 minutes.
    Take the dps Recount gives you, and multiply it by 1.6

This is your average, no gimmick, raid dps.

Do 3500 on a target dummy? 3500 x 1.6 = You should do 5600 in a raid.

R.I.P. YARG

Hmm, tried affli yesterday in totc 25. Only did like 4.5 did 3.7 on doll arter 3.000000 dmg. No tow. Any ideas what i might do wrong? Shadowbolt was 35% of my dmg. Sorry för spelling, im on the ipod;>

Shadowbolt should be about 50% of your damage, even as affliction. Your build does make use of Imp SB, Bane, and Ruin?
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

Drop Grim Reach for Improved Life tap (range on aff spells is useless if your destro spells aren't improved as well). Swap out the Corruption glyph for CoA. You might want to swing some points from Fel Concentration into destro for Demonic Power.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    For casters, the buffs are 60% more than your total. So:

Go to a target dummy
    Blow the shit out of it, with only self buffs, for 2 minutes.
    Take the dps Recount gives you, and multiply it by 1.6

This is your average, no gimmick, raid dps.

Do 3500 on a target dummy? 3500 x 1.6 = You should do 5600 in a raid.
    you sure this is correct? it doesn't work this way for me. I usually pump out around 4.7-5k on a practice dummy for a 2 min run... with the 1.6 x 4.7k= 7520 dps. I know I'm pretty good but that i'll only hit above 7k on a bloodlust or wild magic potion.

15+ Year Old Account

It's correct. Curse of Elements is included in the 60% number, so if you use Curse of Elements on the dummy, 60% becomes too much.

4700 / 1.13 * 1.6 = 6600

The buffs that make up the bulk of this 60% are:
    Elements
    Totem of Wrath
    Bloodlust/Heroism
    Scorch/ISB
    Ret Paladin buffs

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Found the post where I did the math
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=63499.0

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    It's correct. Curse of Elements is included in the 60% number, so if you use Curse of Elements on the dummy, 60% becomes too much.

4700 / 1.13 * 1.6 = 6600

The buffs that make up the bulk of this 60% are:
    Elements
    Totem of Wrath
    Bloodlust/Heroism
    Scorch/ISB
    Ret Paladin buffs
    That's more like it. Thanks I'm probably going to use this a lot now.

edit- Does this apply to Affliction only? I'm not sure why it wouldn't include destro but your math page said affliction specifically.

15+ Year Old Account

Generally speaking, its 57% for all casters. Some of the hybrids will see a bit less, and Destruction might see more due to how well it scales.

R.I.P. YARG

Thanks for the spec tips, and wt recruit elemental shamans...