Pvp - Warlock questions.

Hello fellow pvp warlocks, I have a few questions about ... 'how to play'... :P

I only wanna play in battlegrounds, so don't take this from a arena perspective.

1. howmutch hit rating should I be aiming for?
    2. should I use corruption? If so, is there a macro that makes me cast CoE first, and if that's applied to the target Corruption casts?
    3. What pet should I be using? I prefere succubus atm, nice extra CC.
    4. Any suggestions on key binds? I have them, but I might want to improve them!

Any other tips are welcome!

Re: Pvp - Warlock questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Saraki
    Hello fellow pvp warlocks, I have a few questions about ... 'how to play'... :P

I only wanna play in battlegrounds, so don't take this from a arena perspective.

1. howmutch hit rating should I be aiming for?
    2. should I use corruption? If so, is there a macro that makes me cast CoE first, and if that's applied to the target Corruption casts?
    3. What pet should I be using? I prefere succubus atm, nice extra CC.
    4. Any suggestions on key binds? I have them, but I might want to improve them!

Any other tips are welcome!
    1. you need 5% or about 150 +-

2. depends on what spec

i suggest if you have the gear, to go destro with imp, the 100% crit realy comes in handy.

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...31351005031351

3. imp if you want the extra crit, if not go felpup for casters and succubi for melee

4. keybind your teleport. cntrl+c to laydown teleport and cntrl+V to summon, they do help if used right. also for backlash i used "TAB", since its an easy key to remember when you want to use it.

My spec atm is destro, (loving the big numbers >.>)
    you're info was usefull : )

atm my keybinds are
    R = CoE (perhaps macro with corruption)
    V = trinket spellpwr
    F = Fear
    C = Trinket stun
    x = Howl of Terror
    Z = Corruption/Tailoring net (<- Kinda cheating ;D)

Shift 1 - Deathcoil
    Shift 2 - Shadowburn
    Shift 3 - Lifetap
    Shift 4 - Banish
    Shift 5 - Searing Pain (extra finisher/burst)

1-immo
    2-incin
    3-conflag
    4-CB
    5-Shadowfury

---

I would like to hear more comments

Okay so here are my keybindings (from memory as I'm at work). There are a lot of them but since I arena I like to have every possible key bound. Also I move completely with the mouse so keep that in mind too. Lastly I'm Destruction (as you'll be able to tell lol):

Core Keys:
    F = Immolate
    D = Curse of the Elements
    S = Corruption
    3 = Shadowfury
    2 = Shadowburn
    1 = Conflagrate
    G = Incinerate
    V = Chaos Bolt
    C = Drain Soul (for adding insult to injury: nothing like getting your soul taken in PvP)

CC Keys:
    R = Howl of Terror
    E = Fear
    W = Death Coil
    Q = Seduction cast on target
    Shift-Q = Seduction cast on Focus target (great for arena or CCing a healer in BGs)
    A: PvP Trinket/Shadowfury macro (love this one: follow up with Howl of Terror for a CC invasion)

Other Useful Bindings:
    Shift-F: Demonic Circle Summon
    Shift-D: Demonic Circle Teleport
    Shift-S: Racial (Escape Artist for me)
    Shift-W: Shadow Ward (helps against non-Blood DKs, Warlocks, Spriests & Hunters)
    Shift-A: Shadowflame (kind of useless unless you have the Glyph but I sometimes use it)
    Shift-B: Banish (bye bye Warlock/Mage/Shaman pet [except the wolves])
    Shift-Mouse Side Button 1: Soul Link
    Shift-Mouse Side Button 2: Lifetap
    Backspace: Drain Mana

Emergency Bindings:
    Shift-V: Drain Life (kind of useless as Destruction but it has saved me from time to time)
    T: Healthstone
    Shift-T: Lifeblood
    Z: Fel Domination/Summon Succubus macro (don't forget to recast Soul Link)
    Shift-Z: Health Funnel

Whew! That was difficult and lengthy but if you notice I set things up in "rows" as much as possible (i.e. CC is R-Q and get away moves are Shift-F through Shift-S and burst with CD are 3-1) for ease.

Edit: Forgot one!

That's alot of keybinds!

Assuming you have hotkeyed Corruption, it's part of destro pvp.

Thanks for the info on your keybinds, gonna look into mine some more!

Quote Originally Posted by Saraki
    My spec atm is destro, (loving the big numbers >.>)
    you're info was usefull : )

atm my keybinds are
    R = CoE (perhaps macro with corruption)
    V = trinket spellpwr
    F = Fear
    C = Trinket stun
    x = Howl of Terror
    Z = Corruption/Tailoring net (<- Kinda cheating ;D)

Shift 1 - Deathcoil
    Shift 2 - Shadowburn
    Shift 3 - Lifetap
    Shift 4 - Banish
    Shift 5 - Searing Pain (extra finisher/burst)

1-immo
    2-incin
    3-conflag
    4-CB
    5-Shadowfury

---

I would like to hear more comments
    http://blackacid.sorkmos.com/_video/...age.Destro.wmv

i know the video is just me bsin around, but you can see how i have my action bar setup and stuff

i dont know what it is but setting "v" to life tap seems natural to me. @_@

but enyways yeh ;D

(The bar with conflag / chaos bolt on it is usually completely invisible to avoid clutter. I suggest you put all of the spells without a long cooldown on a similar bar and Alpha it out)

1 - Incinerate
    2 - immolate
    3 - Chaos Bolt
    4 - Conflag

Q - Shadowfury
    F - Fear
    G - Shadowburn
    R - Dot Macro
    E - Death Coil
    B - Fire Shield / Detect Invis Buffing Macro
    C - Pet Attack Mouseover Macro (for totems)
    T - Curse of Elements
    V - Curse of Tongues

Shift-1 - Drain Soul
    Shift-2 - Drain Mana
    Shift-3 - Drain Life
    Shift-E - Lifetap
    Shift-Q - Howl of Terror
    Shift-G - Shadowflame
    Shift-F - Every Man For Himself
    Shift-R - Pet Macro

Control-C - Place Portal
    Control-V - Teleport
    Control-E - Self Devour

Macros

Self Devour - /cast [target=Primtime] Devour Magic(Rank 7)
    1 Button Dot - /castsequence reset=combat/targetawwwa Corruption, Curse of Agony
    Fire Shield / Detect Invis - /castsequence reset=2 [target=mouseover] Fire Shield, Detect invisibility
    Totem Stomper - /petattack [target=mouseover]
    All in One Pet Macro - #showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus]
    /cast [pet:Imp]Dark Pact;[pet:Succubus,target=focus]Seduction;[pet:Felhunter,target=focus]Spell Lock
    /stopmacro [nopet:voidwalker]
    /cast [combat]Dark Pact;Health Funnel
    /cast [nocombat]Consume Shadows;Sacrifice

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Engentlmn
    Macros

Self Devour - /cast [target=Primtime] Devour Magic(Rank 7)
    1 Button Dot - /castsequence reset=combat/targetawwwa Corruption, Curse of Agony
    Fire Shield / Detect Invis - /castsequence reset=2 [target=mouseover] Fire Shield, Detect invisibility
    Totem Stomper - /petattack [target=mouseover]
    All in One Pet Macro - #showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus]
    /cast [pet:Imp]Dark Pact;[pet:Succubus,target=focus]Seduction;[pet:Felhunter,target=focus]Spell Lock
    /stopmacro [nopet:voidwalker]
    /cast [combat]Dark Pact;Health Funnel
    /cast [nocombat]Consume Shadows;Sacrifice
    These are very good macros.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    These are very good macros.
    Oh yes, I forgot these macros in my list. I have a similar Sacrifice/Devour Magic on me/Seduction on target "all in one" macro and the Seduction on focus target macro also casts Spell Lock on the focus if the Felhunter is out. I have a separate key for Devour Magic on the target.

There were too many functions of the Felhunter to have tied to two buttons when considering that I wanted "all in one" macros. The character limit is kind of short IMO.

What is this "hover over totem" macro thing. I heard that the totem stopping macros were useless and deleted one. Now I just have to target them which is horrible.

15+ Year Old Account

you need 5% or about 150 +-
    2. I'm not using it in my Destruction build, but if you're Affliction or Demonology, use it.
    3. For Destruction, either use Voidwalker for survivability or Succubus for the CC. Imp isn't really a PvP pet.
    4. Haven't keybinded anything, but it might be a good idea to have your defense abilities bound. Keybinding isn't working well if it isn't on the spot you think for your own feelings is fine. It's best to not copy somebody's keybindings.

Also, I use this build. [URL=http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=9&tal=00000000000000000000000000000032023011302000000000000000523001522033135 1305031051] Click here. Extra survivability is nice.

All in one pet macro:

/cast Fire Shield
    /cast [mod:shift] Consume Shadows; Sacrifice
    /cast [mod:shift, target=focus] [mod:ctrl, target=mouseover] [ ] Seduction
    /cast [mod:ctrl, target=Player] [mod:alt] Devour Magic; [mod:shift, target=focus] [ ] Spell Lock

Anti-stealth macro:

/targetenemy [noexists]
    /cast [target=target,harm] Curse of the Elements

Fel Domination macro:

/castsequence [nomod] Fel Domination, Summon Succubus, Soul Link
    /castsequence [mod:shift] Fel Domination, Summon Felhunter, Soul Link
    /castsequence [mod:ctrl] Fel Domination, Summon Voidwalker, Sacrifice, Soul Link
    (optional)
    /castsequence [mod:alt] Fel Domination, Summon Felguard, Soul Link
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

What is this "hover over totem" macro thing. I heard that the totem stopping macros were useless and deleted one. Now I just have to target them which is horrible.
    you used to be able to do things like /pet attack [target=tremor] but recently Blizzard changed that and made totems un-targettable. So now the best alternative, at least in my opnion, is a mouseover macro. Basically just hover your pointer over the totem you want your pet to kill, press the macro, and it will go kill it. Not as easy at totem-stomper, but simple nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by Engentlmn
    you used to be able to do things like /pet attack [target=tremor] but recently Blizzard changed that and made totems un-targettable. So now the best alternative, at least in my opnion, is a mouseover macro. Basically just hover your pointer over the totem you want your pet to kill, press the macro, and it will go kill it. Not as easy at totem-stomper, but simple nonetheless
    Hmm I understand that I just didn't know the code. I mean, is it something along the lines of "/pet attack [target=mouseover]"? Lol that may sound stupid I just don't know anything about this macro.

15+ Year Old Account

It means you hover your mouse on a target and press the keybind, whatever is under your mouse (IE: Displayed in the mouseover tooltip) is attacked.

Thus you just hover on the totem and press the key, and your pet chases it down.

R.I.P. YARG

for BG's i tend to use a voidwalker for the sac shield incase its a 2(or more) v 1 battle

I use the succy in BG's. For 2 on ones i can suduce one of them, and if its 2vs1 with a healer i can at least CC the healer long enough to kill the dps.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Deleted

gotta love warlocks

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion

gotta love warlocks
    I learned how to be a warlock by being the only one on pre-nerf Magtheridon attempts. You try controlling 6 dudes with Immolation Aura.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001
    Hmm I understand that I just didn't know the code. I mean, is it something along the lines of "/pet attack [target=mouseover]"? Lol that may sound stupid I just don't know anything about this macro.
    /petattack [target=mouseover]