[2vs2] Rogue/Disci Priest - still viable?

I'm frustated a bit...

We're playing rogue/disci combo.

I've got 860 resi (my friend rogue ~600), and double dps teams are just crushing us (rogue/mage - polymorph / spelllock / counterspell me, while kiting rogue) the same goes for any DK/Dps composition. They are usually after me, crushing/locking me quite easily. I'm using Pain Suppresion, Inner Focus and all that shit, but it doesn't usually help with anything.

ie. we're fighting DK/Disci priest combo. My friend is on DK (?), DK is on me/rogue. I'm trying to heal us both, while priest is burning my mana. If he goes after that priest - DK will crush me with all this shitty buttons (oh.. grip ftw...)... ;/

Mage/Rogue... - lot of laugh. U usually got chain CC'ed (CS, KS, Polymorph, Spellock, Blind... oh c'mon!) and can't do anything, while they kill my friend...

I'm not hardcore pvp-player. But I like it. I enjoy it, but some combinations are just pain in the azz...

Any tips or ideas?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: [2vs2] Rogue/Disci Priest - still viable?

Aren't 2 dps teams meant to kick healer/dps teams butts?
    A Rogue/Mage team is just MADE for CCing one of both while nuking and /nerdrage the other one IRL.

your playing PR... use your own CC to protect yourself from burst

Yes, it's viable.

Mage/Rogue owns us too. Unless they make a plethora of mistakes it's almost impossible to beat them. Any other DPSx2 we've come across however hasn't proved too much difficulty. It's basically your (the priest's) job to LoS as much as possible, coordinate fears/blinds with rogue so that you can live through their heavy burst. The beauty of 2x DPS is usually neither will stop to heal themselves while bursting you down (obviously) so you're rogue can obliterate one target without having to worry about significant heals while you blind/fear the other.

Yes it's still viable. Is it as fun as say priest/hunter or priest/warlock? No. I find the rogue needs to basically have full off set pve, alot of Arpen helps as well, with arpen trinket.

I played priest rogue up to 2500 last season, got glad, and we played a few games just leveling our team up this season, and he wore full pve gear (ulduar 25) just to cheese it up vs plate teams, and it was alright, got to like 1300 before I transferred servers, and now play with a Hunter, which ill tell you, if hes good, It's a very fun comp to play, 17 seconds of CC, a lot of fun!

I doubt I'll ever play priest/rogue again though, just to stressful in mirror matches, one missed CC or bad fear pathing and its good game on your rogue.

Since twos is basically worthless now, I figure mine as well play something I enjoy.

Just let your rogue dps the other one... rogues die pretty easy if focused right... and it's not like you have no cc... los the mage as good as you can. As soon as you use trinket... you will get a blind...sap...sheep...counter. Your rogue will die then, so don't whaste it :P

rogue+anything is viable. rogue+priest is OP.
    This user has been banned.

Your just bad
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Your a priest your squishy get use to it any team that does not have a lock/warrior
    they will go for you teo dps is vey hard to beat but your rogue should be able to take
    a dps of you.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ultek
    I'm frustated a bit...

We're playing rogue/disci combo.

I've got 860 resi (my friend rogue ~600), and double dps teams are just crushing us (rogue/mage - polymorph / spelllock / counterspell me, while kiting rogue) the same goes for any DK/Dps composition. They are usually after me, crushing/locking me quite easily. I'm using Pain Suppresion, Inner Focus and all that shit, but it doesn't usually help with anything.

ie. we're fighting DK/Disci priest combo. My friend is on DK (?), DK is on me/rogue. I'm trying to heal us both, while priest is burning my mana. If he goes after that priest - DK will crush me with all this shitty buttons (oh.. grip ftw...)... ;/

Mage/Rogue... - lot of laugh. U usually got chain CC'ed (CS, KS, Polymorph, Spellock, Blind... oh c'mon!) and can't do anything, while they kill my friend...

I'm not hardcore pvp-player. But I like it. I enjoy it, but some combinations are just pain in the azz...

Any tips or ideas?
    According to arena junkies lots of rp have high rating. I have discovered some shadowpriests with rogues as well. You could try that maybe? Cause meeting cc or burst team you have more cc:s to help your rogue with. You help cc one target and help nuke the other. Dispersion cooldown reduced helps a lot from getting away from ppl as well. Take dk for example, you cc pries, assuming it's a disc priest you and rogue cc the priest... priest only has fear. You and rogue nuke dk and he will die rather quickly, then it's gg for the priest.

It is just as viable as it always has been. Albeit other comps have come up to the level of ease so it has gotten more difficult to use the same strat to win every match.

Every game is winnable with this combo. I mean every game. Rogue mage is one of the harder ones SOMETIMES, but if your rogue gets a good opener on either one it will be an uphill battle for them if you can keep pressure up. Dont be afraid to waste mana with holy nova trying to catch the rogue if you know hes nearby. Theres nothing like catching a rogue whose about to sap you, dotting him up, LOSing the mage and letting your rogue open on the opposing rogue.

Mages are tough because of one thing...one thing you can counter better than other healers. Get a focus-SWD macro to SWD the first sheep, it will save you 4 seconds if theyre going to land the second one (which shouldnt happen if you LOS properly i.e. CONSTANTLY)

Against any double dps team, pop your cooldowns liberally, PS when you know theres a shatter combo coming with the rogue on whomever, Inner Focus-DIvine hymn is a huge boost when their on both of you, using fear defensively but liberally, timing blind, getting the rogue to trinket early, seriously though, theres no real reason to save up cooldowns.

If a double dps team can reset, (mage rogue, dk ret, rogue ret, even lock mage) it can get tricky if youve wasted a lot of mana. But most of the time the match will be over in less than 2 minutes. In my experience, which isnt TOO much, double dps teams are generally weak versus priests. and especially weak against a priest/dps that can fend for themselves. IF you pop PS on time, and heal through CC properly and even SWD one sheep it can be an easy win.

Its a healer-dependant comp for a lot of matches when if you mess up once your team will lose. I dont mean like missclick a button, i mean like be in LOS for more than 2 casts, its tricky and fun, but rogue priest is still freaking insane

Quote Originally Posted by Hugglesmewmew
    Time to close it. We got a Winner.

Disc priests are the hardest healer to kill in the arena with the most offencive abilities. If your rogue locks down the other dps there is no reason why u wont be able to win assuming your skills are equal to other teams.

Wound poison ensures the other healer will be working overtime which makes them defensive. You move offensive with fear bombs and burns. Combo is definately viable.

For majority of people almost any combo works as most people don't and never will have the skill to get to any decent rating. When you get over 1750 things start to get harder and group composition becomes important. Failing at 1k rating is the player not the team makeup.