Thread: i got hacked

i got hacked

i noticed i got hacked by looking at the armory and noticing all my sellable gear gone (cape , belt, rings trinkets etc) and i tired my password on the wow website, it was changed. i cant play atm for another month or so, but when i do, would i be able to get my lost gear and cash restored by a gm? or will i not be able to, from reporting it to late or so?

any info will help, thanks
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: i got hacked

i think acc was hacked late july or august some time

You weren't "hacked." You did something stupid on the internet, got keylogged, and now you're paying for it. There's a difference.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewarrows
    You weren't "hacked." You did something stupid on the internet, got keylogged, and now you're paying for it. There's a difference.

/sigh

i just want to know if i can get my gear and gold back after not being on for a long period of time.

Wait, you mean that shemale-beastiality-Draenei-on-Blood-Elf fetish pron I was looking at was bad?!?
    On a serious note:
    I think it is much too late, but you can try calling Blizzard. This is your best bet.

Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

It may be too late but blizzard is forgiving usually. Email them and send in the web form on the support page, explain your situation and hope for the best. It worked for me
    Read the signature rules

Why can't you do it now?? Obviously the account is active.. Reformat, restore your PC.. Then send the emails out, hell it should not take more then a few times online..

Or did the person that keylogged you pay for your account??

Chronik

A guildie of mine got hacked he quit for a month and called blizz saying he was hacked and it took 3 days but he got all of his gear and some of his gold back. but who's ever account the gold was sent to got banned.

the only item they didnt restore was his t8.5 gloves for some reason

15+ Year Old Account

u can get everything back.a friend of mine got his stuff back after 2 months.he had stopped playing and when he wanted to start again he saw he has been hacked,so no worries

someone renewed your subscription to just sell your items?
    Currently unsubscribed to WoW because of terrible internet.

80 Draenei Shaman
    80 Dwarf Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by marinos
    u can get everything back.a friend of mine got his stuff back after 2 months.he had stopped playing and when he wanted to start again he saw he has been hacked,so no worries
    Friend had a similar case, cept it was more like half a year.

Blizz replaced everything then locked the acc and had him mail in proof of ownsership + a notiery :-X
    Quote Originally Posted by kazmeyer
    What makes more sense, genius? That your uber-security had a flaw, or that someone cracked Blizzard's servers and instead of compromising thousands of accounts, they just singled out you? What did you do, piss off the Joker or something?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Aredan - 80 Prot Warrior
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Daxter - 80 MM hunter
    PVP is a matter of overcoming your own weaknesses while exploiting the weaknesses of others.

If you suck, it's because you can't comprehend the previous sentence.

Now, now - he wasn't necessarily keylogged. He could have bought his account on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by RyukenSilenzo
    /sigh

i just want to know if i can get my gear and gold back after not being on for a long period of time.
    Yep, you can.
    Signature size violated forum rules.