Poll: Which one is better for Destro Warlock?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Deleted

Glyph of Immolate or Glyph of Life Tap

Some say Immolate, some say Life Tap. Me, i am not sure which one either, was on Immolate untill recently, now i changed to Life Tap to see if theres any difference....

Re: Glyph of Immolate or Glyph of Life Tap

And I say.

What spec?

Deleted

Short answer: Life tap

Long answer: Depends on spec and gear and rotation. If you are not destro, there is no discussion. However, if you are destro, and you have very low spirit gear, the extra spellpower you gain from life tap might not be a higher dmg input than the extra % on immolate. This is pure speculation tho, never crunched the numbers. The general consensus is that Life tap is superior to immolate. Check out EJ forums for more data.

Deleted

Exactly, i did check EJ for info, but i am not seeing any difference dps wise, thats why i made this poll, to see what player warlocks think from experience, and not pure math and calculation

2peice t8 + this glyph = 20% more damage to your immolate AND conflag

This has been discussed throughout this board several times.

Life tap == Immolate at ~200 Spirit

At > 200 spirit, Life Tap > immolate

This takes into account both the damage gained on immolate and the damage gained on conflag.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

Quote Originally Posted by Snowulf
    2peice t8 + this glyph = 20% more damage to your immolate AND conflag
    its 10% on immo, 20% is UA

also, what other glyphs are you useing O.O i use immo conflag and lifetap, id guess your using glyph of incin, in which case you should be asking between incin and lifetap.

immolate is a manditory glyph for destro along with conflag

Quote Originally Posted by pelanat

also, what other glyphs are you useing O.O i use immo conflag and lifetap, id guess your using glyph of incin, in which case you should be asking between incin and lifetap.

He's adding the 10% from the glyph to the setbonus, thats why he gets to 20/20A%
    OT:
    If you have some decent amount of spirit and you find yourself tapping for mana anyway go with lifetap, if you hardly ever tap since you gain mana from other sources, go with immo.

15+ Year Old Account

So, what glyphs are you using anyway?

Also, 10% buff on Immolate is also a buff to Conflagrate.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pelanat

Incinerate is mandatory, dpswite definitly better then immolate :>

lifetap incen conflag always for za destruction build

Incin, Life Tap and Confl are indeed the "right" choices for destro.

Deleted

Yep, i am using Incin, Conf, and was using Immolate, then i switched to Life tap.

Glyph of lifetap also increases conflag and immolate damage too and everything else. I consider it the best warlock glyph in any spec so its cool people are realizing that. But ya you have to have some spirit gear to make it pay off which isn't hard to get since its on all the tier gear anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Badapus
    LT scales better with high end gear.
    not all high end gear has spirit.

i've lost quite a bit of spirit in this new tier so far, and im almost sure i will be losing more.

i use immolate, i hate keeping life tap buff up, pain in the ass and i dont like using a gcd on lie tap when im still at 70% mana or so.

i have over 450 spirit... since the benefit is really seen at 200 or better spirit, should i look for gear with less spirit or is having all the extra spirit good for life tapping w/ glyph?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Peepo
    i have over 450 spirit... since the benefit is really seen at 200 or better spirit, should i look for gear with less spirit or is having all the extra spirit good for life tapping w/ glyph?
    A decent question - don't go looking for non-spirit gear. Take what you get, and when you start seeing "Spirit vs Non Spirit" selections then you make the decision based on the total package. Completely abandoning spirit means more lifetaps per fight which is less dps. Conversely, spirit scales much more poorly than Spell Power or Haste, so sacrificing those stats in favor of Spirit is bad practice.

It's a balancing act. 400 is good. I'm at 600 completely not by choice.

R.I.P. YARG