Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Gormok the Impaler 25 Hardmode

Hey m8,

This might help you.

No matter what raid setup..

Tank gormok at the door so tank doesnt have to move him so all can start nuking asap.

When snobolds spawns make sure the one with the snobold on his back moves to the melee so the melee can still hit the boss with cleave etc, rest of the raid should swap to snobolds to nuke em down assap.. each snobold up is 15% more dmg to the tank..

Also take 3 tanks swap rotate on 2 impales.. or they will die at some point.

Conflicting info here, does the snobold buff on Gormok stack or not? I see a few people say ignore snobolds on melee in order to down Gormok quicker.

Deleted

it stacks, one stack for every snowbolt thrown.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Our tanks were taking impales to 4. And living just fine.

BoP is your friend when the worms come.

extra info because people are having trouble.

In my guild, we have a dedicated pally healer on each of two tanks, and a priest and druid healer that switch back and forth to the tank that is currently holding the boss. (three healers; SS / PW:S / rolling hots reduces the chance of dying from impale + parry hasted attack, or impale + DoT, which is the only reason you should die.)

Our first tank (me, a prot pally with 51k HP raid buffed) takes five stacks, with no cooldowns used. Ardent defender DR, plus the lack of more than 2 Rising anger buffs on gormok make this possible.

Tank 2 (49,500 HP Blood DK) taunts, I use divine shield. he takes 2 impales, and then we use Guardian spirit + hand of sac (from the pally healing him, who has beacon on himself) for him to take the third.

tank switch. at this point he has 5 stacks. getting dangerous. Bop the other tank, take the first imaple, an external cooldown for the next impale.

last switch, usually everyone switches to kobolds at this time, and lets the dots tick over to kill the boss. (usually at 1-6% with 20 seconds remaining). boss and all kobolds down when door opens.

If help is needed with the worms, i can gladly post that too.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Korthelle