Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Tier 1 Weapons too strong?

all the people making fun of the OP... dont just reply to a thread without checking the context in which its written.

and clever remarks like "i got my t1 in mc" is just fail.

if you dont know what the op is about, ask kindly if you cant (after trying) figure if out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukamok
    He's talking about the "Tier1" Relentless Glad (Season 7) weapons, terms PvP'ers have coined to differentiate the weaker "Tier 1" Glad weapon which is available at 1850 rating, and "Tier 2" which is at 2200.

You're in the PvP section, if you don't know what he's talking about don't post.
    this

so weapons with equal itemlevels from different sources appear to have different dps (any other +stats may apply nevertheless). that's bound to happen if item stats are spread on different attributes, yes.

... I still don't seem to get close to grasping the OPs point o_O is it just me?

LOL at the first page of posters.

American retards much?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothrim

American retards much?
    I would appreciate if you could not bunch all of us americans into one group. I for one was smart enough to notice we are in the arena section unlike many of the others here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

so .. am I the only one who didnt get OP's point actually? *scratching-chin*
    Ya...go jump off a cliff, I don't even pvp and know this shit.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

These people who seem to think this guy was wrong because he said T1/T2 weapons are /facepalm.

Anyone who pvps (if you dont agree then you are probably just not a good pvper) knows exactly what hes talking about, and you should all keep quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    let me translate:

Relentless(s7) weps are 2 "tiers" - one being ilevel 245 and the other being 258.
    TOC also has 2 "tiers of weps" - one being ilevel 245 and the other being 258. (check Edge of Agony@wowhead)

He is saying that the TOC 2handers have less dps than the s7 "tier1" weps, which after a quick check seems to be true -
    example:

Relentless 2h Sword - Tier 1 - ilevel 245 - 267.2dps
    Relentless 2h Sword - Tier 2 - ilevel 258 - 281.7dps
    Edge of Agony / Reckoning - Tier 1 - ilevel 245 - 232.6dps
    Edge of Agony / Reckoning - Tier 2 - ilevel 258 - 255.6dps

im merely translating, comments to follow

ps. to the OP - seriously, dude... ???
    Reckoning ilvl245 has 255.6 dps. The 232.6 dps weapon is ilvl232. T1 weapons still have more then they should. I don't know about T2 weapons.

EDIT: Tier 2 weapons are in line with weapons of their iLvL. At least the ranged ones. A crossbow is all I could see on atlastloot for ToGC25 D:

Quote Originally Posted by Gothrim

American retards much?
    dont bash americans we elected obama!

its more like pro raiders who know everything brah!

Quote Originally Posted by buckybadger
    These people who seem to think this guy was wrong because he said T1/T2 weapons are /facepalm.

Anyone who pvps (if you dont agree then you are probably just not a good pvper) knows exactly what hes talking about, and you should all keep quiet.
    Not that it helps clueless people, but this post (as if now) is on the front page under "Latest Forum Posts" so people probably just didn't pay attention to which forum this was posted on. Seeing as how Heroic ToTC was opened this week, this probably is a common mistake. People should just read more/better(?)

so there's an item imbalance when you compare the pvp weaps to the ones looted at the collosseum. what about the other stats short of pure dps?

@ buckybadger: we do know what OP is talking about. there's still no point in it
    @ lootasiew: seems I do indeed have to follow your advice

The actual stats on the T1 weapons compaired to the ToC25 and ToGC10 weapons are harder to compair. Since the arena weapons have survival stats and the others have PvE stats. I imagine those are in-line just that the dps being too high is probably a bug.

The thread title had me expecting Molten Core anecdotes.

Retard detector...... malfunctioning................. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yes, i was talking about the relentless gladiator weapons, tier1 being the 1800 rating ones and tier2 2200 rating one, sorry if this wasn't clear, thought this topic being in PvP - Arena was enough.

@tralal4: there is a point to it; so far pvp weapons were never better than their pve counterpart (as long as both had the same ilvl) brutal glad weapons had same dps as sunwell weapons, deadly same dps as naxx25 etc..(feel free to name one example where ths isnt the case) but now the 1800 relentless weapons are simply better in terms of dps and max dam than their pve counterparts.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47285 vs http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42319 (ilvl245; 255dps vs 267dps)

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47446 vs http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48402 (ilvl258 both 281dps)

the point the op was try to make is that the 1800 weapons have a higher base dps(almost 100 more top end dmg) than the ilevel 245 weapons from Trial of the crusader. However both the 2200 and 258 ToC weapons have the same dps and top end dmg. This seems odd because in previous seasons same ilevel weapons have had the same base dps. One other differnce between the weapons is that the PVE(ToC) ones are ever so slightly faster. I dont know weapon speed effects overall dps but one wouldnt think .1 speed would equal a differnce of 12.7 dps. Hope this helps clear up the confusion slightly.

[EDIT] I guess i was wrong only a few of the pve weapons are 3.50 speed not all of them.

To all you people who think he is referring to level 60 gear and failed to realize this is in the "PvP - Arena" sub-category... there are more than level of weapons in current PvP seasons nowadays, with the higher tier requiring a higher rating.

It's much like how people refer to the sub-tiers of Tier 9 as Tier 1, 2, and 3 some times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by tralal4
    so there's an item imbalance when you compare the pvp weaps to the ones looted at the collosseum. what about the other stats short of pure dps?
    Pretty sure 'other stats' haven't had a hand in the dps of a weapon in a long, long time. DPS is tied to ilvl pretty much everywhere I can think of. I'd say this is a bug. Just go report it on the bug forums.

Deleted

that's because tier 1 weap are ilvl 251 and not 245.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgar
    that's because tier 1 weap are ilvl 251 and not 245.
    no, no they are not 251. Im at the arena vendor in dal right now and it says 245.